Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, in the end, it will all come down to which you prefer more.
I am going to PO this guy soon because I loved to movie and I love the character. I know there has been complaints about this figure, but in my eyes, it's a great figure that I know I will regret passing up in the future, should I not get him.
Ask yourself who you prefer and who you would regret passing up 12 months down the line for the initial price.
My reccomendation would be Spider-Man though, and this is coming from a huge Batman fan.:lecture
Hope I helped :wave

^ whichever character / costume you prefer over the other

Cheers Nova!

I was trying to find something to sway me one way or the other because both are sooo tempting but I can only afford one more PO.

Which do you think would be cheaper on the after market?

Cheers Nova!

I was trying to find something to sway me one way or the other because both are sooo tempting but I can only afford one more PO.

Which do you think would be cheaper on the after market?

I understand the feeling, as for the aftermarket i'd say probably catwoman as Spidey will appear (maybe not in the same costume though) in ASM2 and HT may do a version but CW probably won't get another.

I understand the feeling, as for the aftermarket i'd say probably catwoman as Spidey will appear (maybe not in the same costume though) in ASM2 and HT may do a version but CW probably won't get another.

Thats a good point. Probably looking at a similar release depending on what the next film has in store. Probably last of Catwoman in this incarnation for awhile.

I wanted this figure after the movie came out and after seeing the prototype at comic con. However, with all these releases being so close I had to cancel in lieu of some other pre-orders.

Definitely sucks that Hot Toys is hitting us so hard within the next 9 months. Heavy scheduling.

I wanted this figure after the movie came out and after seeing the prototype at comic con. However, with all these releases being so close I had to cancel in lieu of some other pre-orders.

Definitely sucks that Hot Toys is hitting us so hard within the next 9 months. Heavy scheduling.

As previously stated by Nova, the after market on this guy might not be that bad for a while. Previous HT Spidey's are still going for just about what they were released at.
So hopefully, one day, you can get him then.:hi5:

As previously stated by Nova, the after market on this guy might not be that bad for a while. Previous HT Spidey's are still going for just about what they were released at.
So hopefully, one day, you can get him then.:hi5:
I'd like to think so, but your post gives me a little nudge of confidence.

It sucks being a HT collector sometimes. With 9 pre-orders within 9 months, one of which being the 1989 Batmobile, it gets harder and harder to validate all these figures to my wife. Pretty soon, I'll be having tea parties with all my hot toys while she's shaking her disapproving head at me while wearing dish rags as clothing.

I'd like to think so, but your post gives me a little nudge of confidence.

It sucks being a HT collector sometimes. With 9 pre-orders within 9 months, one of which being the 1989 Batmobile, it gets harder and harder to validate all these figures to my wife. Pretty soon, I'll be having tea parties with all my hot toys while she's shaking her disapproving head at me while wearing dish rags as clothing.

I'm glad i've cut back. I only get characters i love and know i'll love years from now anymore.

Spider-Man fits that bill for me :)

If Luke and Batman are anything to go on I'm not optimistic for this release! :s

Last edited:
Yeah Luke doesn't look good, but Batman is fine to me for now, afterall the head has a white shining light distorting it

How did Luke go so wrong from those amazing promo shots?

Back