Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still having the most trouble with the backpack element. :(

I bought a black messenger bag that I'm fairly happy with, but I wish I had the option of being a little closer to what we saw on screen.

Can anyone offer tips for finding one? Wondering if I have to find something a little different and try dyeing it, but that seems too complicated.

Still having the most trouble with the backpack element. :(

I bought a black messenger bag that I'm fairly happy with, but I wish I had the option of being a little closer to what we saw on screen.

Can anyone offer tips for finding one? Wondering if I have to find something a little different and try dyeing it, but that seems too complicated.

The backpack is the toughest for me as well. I just ended up getting a military pack and modded it a bit. Was going to try dyeing it but nylon doesn't seem to take color very well. I'm just going to stick with the olive drab color.

Strange that nobody makes just regular backpacks. I've looked everywhere I could think of and came up with nothing.

Good luck in your search.

The backpack is the toughest for me as well. I just ended up getting a military pack and modded it a bit. Was going to try dyeing it but nylon doesn't seem to take color very well. I'm just going to stick with the olive drab color.

Strange that nobody makes just regular backpacks. I've looked everywhere I could think of and came up with nothing.

Thanks! Yeah, it's an exhaustive search. I found something that looks as close as I can get to a school backpack, but like you said, it's nylon and I'm very doubtful dyeing it will look even remotely good. I might just stick with the messenger bag. Peter looks like a messenger bag kinda guy. :)

I wish I was a teeny tiny tailor and could just stick one together myself!

i would hit up a big toy store and check out the barbie aisle. There has to be a "back to college" Ken doll or something similar.

Your welcome mate, with your custom experience, I doubt you will have any problems, but do watch out for the eyes chipping/breaking. The rims are "clear" plastic as well which is more brittle.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

My fears with this figure have been laid to rest. Mine is solid and fully posable. I've moved the arms every which way and nothing broke so I think it's safe to say that he's worth every penny to me.

Hopefully you all get solid figures as well.

thank you for showing up some movement in the shoulders!
I appreciate it

2_zps808df180.jpg

Nice pics Rory!
Love this shot!

Thanks for the link some helpful information there to prevent breakage. However, you shouldn't have to hold a joint a certain way to pose a figure, to prevent it from breaking.

Maybe you shouldn't HAVE to but at least the figure can function perfectly fine with just handling it slightly different. All of these figures tend to be delicate one way or another.

Thanks for the link some helpful information there to prevent breakage. However, you shouldn't have to hold a joint a certain way to pose a figure, to prevent it from breaking.

Couldn't agree more but you really can feel how delicate the joint is when moving it. After each movement I'd shake him to listen for any broken pieces inside. :rotfl

Delicateness aside, he is a great figure. I can appreciate what Hot Toys put into making this one. Just wish he came with a few accessories, besides the webs that nobody uses.

I had to buy a camera (which is great BTW), skateboard, backpack, and his street clothes outfit. I wouldn't expect the clothes to be included but even a few more hands and maybe a sculpted base, a la Spiderman 3. This set is about as basic as they come.

Couldn't agree more but you really can feel how delicate the joint is when moving it. After each movement I'd shake him to listen for any broken pieces inside. :rotfl

Delicateness aside, he is a great figure. I can appreciate what Hot Toys put into making this one. Just wish he came with a few accessories, besides the webs that nobody uses.

I had to buy a camera (which is great BTW), skateboard, backpack, and his street clothes outfit. I wouldn't expect the clothes to be included but even a few more hands and maybe a sculpted base, a la Spiderman 3. This set is about as basic as they come.

So do you follow instructions carefully when moving his shoulders or do you just wing it and hope nothing breaks?

All of latest news is very promising! So looking forward to this!

And thank you for the cool pics Rory! :wave

So do you follow instructions carefully when moving his shoulders or do you just wing it and hope nothing breaks?

I hold the shoulder in place (thumb & forefinger) then rotate the arm. I think you can achieve pretty much any pose you'd like, within reason.

One of mine is going to be in a museum pose, standing atop the S3 stone base. As cool as he looks in more dynamic poses, I don't want the suit stretching out. Same can be said for most Hot Toys with rubber-like suits (Black Widow, Catwoman, Black Suit Spidey and the like)

My other will use the Garfield sculpt holding the loose mask, in either street clothes or his Spidey suit. Ooo, just had an idea to have him changing into Spidey. Maybe wearing jeans and hoodie unzipped showing the suit underneath. We'll see.

I hold the shoulder in place (thumb & forefinger) then rotate the arm. I think you can achieve pretty much any pose you'd like, within reason.

One of mine is going to be in a museum pose, standing atop the S3 stone base. As cool as he looks in more dynamic poses, I don't want the suit stretching out. Same can be said for most Hot Toys with rubber-like suits (Black Widow, Catwoman, Black Suit Spidey and the like)

My other will use the Garfield sculpt holding the loose mask, in either street clothes or his Spidey suit. Ooo, just had an idea to have him changing into Spidey. Maybe wearing jeans and hoodie unzipped showing the suit underneath. We'll see.

That's true my black spidy suit is so stretched that you can now see see the white fabric under the suit. :slap

Back