Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling this movie is going to be a very successful blockbuster... And cause the suit to grow on more people. I'm positive they'll change the suit up for the sequels. They stated in interviews they designed the suit in a manner that it would be realistic/conceivable for a high schooler to design. The sequel will probably have an evolution of the suit.

When I compare this suit to the one from the first film, I'm all like "uhhh.... no." Add the extreme championship wrinkling and I am even more "no."

Do not want.

:goodpost:
I've liked pretty much every Hot Toys release since I started collecting, even if I didn't want to buy it but this??
This looks like a right $h!t stain!:slap

Though some don't believe it, you guys should post your views on HT Facebook page. They have listened in the past about things. I doubt the price will change, but some of your quality concerns might.

Too bad Enterbay isn't making a Spiderman because then we could have a toy war like they did with The Godfather and Capt. Jack Sparrow! We were all winners in those wars!

This is the first HT that I was this disappointed with at first glance. Even when it's a character that I don't want, I can usually still say "that's a sick fig".
I never thought I'd call a HT Spidey offering an easy pass right off the rip. But I can't lie it has grown on me a lil' the more I look at it. If the movie is all its cracked up to be and the Garfield sculpt is killer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of minds change.

Someone posted on FB that there was an Asia only exclusive of Spiderman. Anyone heard anything about this or is it BS?

Just visited BBTS and saw this for the first time. $190. For a figure set that can only be described as basic. Dang.

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

Am I the only person that has noticed the very obvious photoshop work done to the neck, to hide the fact that this is the same tease photo that originally showed the web-design all the way up to the ears?

Come on! It badly cropped, the lighting is all different, and it just looks unfinished.

Hopefully it is all unfinished, those missing palm-pads, the lack of foot/ankle articulation and the mis-coloured web shooters need addressing.

By the way-I just caught myself staring at your Karen G. gif for a minute straight:drool

You should meet her in person...she is even more gorgeous in real life, the TV just does not do her justice. :inlove

Now...Back OT...ordered, but only one because my name is not Rockefeller.

Only way for this to happen is spam hot toys Facebook page.

That's a pointless course of action that just makes other collectors look like a bunch of sad lifeless shut-ins.

How can anyone think that this course will help or change anything? It's a commonly held belief that HT does not listen anyway, but do you really want to make them care even less?

Surely the better way to encourage them to listen is for many different people to be saying roughly the same thing, than one seemingly sad sap spamming the same message again and again...?

Ok, pre-order just went up for this in my country and it's $155. Now I just think that the whole pricing is Sideshow's thing.. CMIIW :dunno

I have a feeling this movie is going to be a very successful blockbuster... And cause the suit to grow on more people. I'm positive they'll change the suit up for the sequels. They stated in interviews they designed the suit in a manner that it would be realistic/conceivable for a high schooler to design. The sequel will probably have an evolution of the suit.

Lol, made me giggle.

I honestly think the original spiderman suit with Tobey maguire in it would be easier to construct then this thing.

And it looks better too.

This suit looks like batman gave spidey some money, and spidey went to GaGa, and she designed his suit.

It's ugly, and does not look heroic at all IMO.

:dunno

One huge positive the new suit has over the traditional Spidey suit is the way the entire suit absorbs and reflects light to give a more fluid/dynamic look with just changes in lighting.

And honestly, I find the web fluid container thing the comics had extremely unbelievable. A teenage kid designing web fluid? Meh. Wish they'd stuck with the organic web.

And honestly, I find the web fluid container thing the comics had extremely unbelievable. A teenage kid designing web fluid? Meh. Wish they'd stuck with the organic web.

I think mechanical web shooters are more believable and realistic than ejaculating super strong webs from.... Sweat pores in the wrist? Don't get me wrong, I liked Spidey 1/2. But I also like the realistic direction superhero movies are trending towards

It's a frickin comic book, deal with it. I don't think a billionaire could make a suit made out of iron and fly half way round the world and punch through tanks but people eat that ____ up. I guess it's cool to hate on spidey but when the 200th joker comes out every one wants it despite it being a figure we already gotten. O man the neck seam sucks, o man the classic suit is better, o man why the yellow eyes. Damn some of you need to hitch a boat to china and work for HT yourselves.

Back