Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful photographs there, zalahmar!

I keep seeing Tom Cruise in the masked head but not so much in your photos.

I have to give a HUGE shout out to cornerstorecomics.com I PO'd my Cap with them...he arrived promptly and when I took him out of the packaging his right metal shoulder stripe was bent up off of the fabric.

I emailed their customer service desk with a picture and explanation of the damage and they shipped me out another Cap body all suited up just missing the head so I was able to pop the head off my original Cap onto the new body that is in perfect condition and wrap the other body up to send back to them with a shipping label pre-paid by cornerstorecomics. :hi5:

This is my first dealing with CSC in years and I have to say I'm really impressed...I've got Thor on PO with them too.

From the pics I've seen of the AVG Cap body vs the TFA body I dont know if it would work well, the AVG body looks much bigger in the chest and back.

Yeah. You may be right. That's what I was thinking too but I really like the arms. Maybe just take the extra chest and back piece off if it doesn't fit. Looks like its just a glued on part like the thigh pads.

Why use the new HT "normal" TT coming out, it's the same build as the old TT Adv? I think robbiethepainter did the switch out and the figure still look really nice, plus it might save you a few bucks.

Thanks bro. Got a solid snake TT from eBay for $45 shipped, if I actually get it, but ill probably order one from here too.

Finally got the time for the photo shoot to accompany our video review. :) Just gotta wait for the youtube upload to finish, and it'll be ready to post... Hopefully tomorrow afternoon! :yess:

cap15.jpg

Sallah

Our review is now up if you'd care to check it out-

cap18.jpg

Here's the link- Hot Toys MMS 174 Avengers Captain America 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

cap26.jpg

-Sallah

Last edited:
Our review is now up if you'd care to check it out-

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

-Sallah

Honestly though, you are a great role model for your children and for fathers everywhere! :clap

I enjoy your review videos and I'm pretty sure most who have seen them do as well. Will have a look at your Cap's review vid after I'm done with my work tonight. :hi5:

Last edited:
Actually I like your style quite a bit. My 3 year old son/7 year old daughter can watch your reviews with me which is nice. Appreciate your humor and that you keep it clean. No offense to others' reviews (that I enjoy as well) it's just I can watch your stuff in the daytime with kids around.
Great review!:hi5:

Back