Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how some collectors think they know what qualifies others to be Predator fans. If you spend $200+ on a figure, I'd say you can do whatever the hell you want with it. 'Nuff said.

:exactly:
I'm pretty sure every warm blooded man out there is to some degree a predator fan, and anyone who spends the money we do on these figures in my book is clearly a huge predator fan. :hi5:

I find it rather amusing how people complain about the pole on this Predator when about 95% of the time, you will hardly ever see it unless you displaying your Predator bassackwards.

I can definitely identify with comments on the severed arm painting (little generic but no big deal, especially in regular light settings), but I got no idea why there are comments about the head sculpt or the general painting of the overall figure (looks righteous).

Hell, I don't know how much better it can get. I am waiting to see some custom paint jobs on this just to see how much better it can look.

On a scale of 1-10 (from pictures only so far), this bad boy is looking like a righteous 9 out of 10.

Once I get this in hand, I will be better able to give an accurate and honest score overall. Some may disagree, but this Predator is one of th top 3 Preds from Hot Toys I have seen (Berserker Predator and Classic Predator being the other 2).

It's funny how some collectors call themself "Predator fans" yet do not want to display their HT figures unmasked and with importent accessories. Not even talking about those who hates P2 or ever prefer AvP :lol

Which ones are you talking about?I like all my predator masked or not.I love how you have convinced yourself you don't like hot toys predators.But let me guess your rebuttal will a gif are a smart a$$ answer as always due to lack of money and intellence

we give Riddick space because he is mentally handicapped. Roll with it and leave him be

we give Riddick space because he is mentally handicapped. Roll with it and leave him be

:lol He's not handicapped. He's Russian. Seriously I have a Russian sister in law:cuckoo:, and if she is representative of Russian women then I will gladly give him all the space he needs.

Which ones are you talking about?I like all my predator masked or not.I love how you have convinced yourself you don't like hot toys predators.But let me guess your rebuttal will a gif are a smart a$$ answer as always due to lack of money and intellence

:lol He's not handicapped. He's Russian. Seriously I have a Russian sister in law:cuckoo:, and if she is representative of Russian women then I will gladly give him all the space he needs.

:lecture :lol :clap :rotfl

After seeing the new Pred here Im glad I still have my old... No off color issues and a ugly pole on is cannon ether... Might pick this one up down the line but... Id rather go after Scar and the other AVP Preds first...

Off colors what are u talking about? U think the old one has better paint apps then this!:cuckoo:

As for the pole u mentioned wtf the old one had the same gun genious:slap
Well no one is forcing you to buy this keep your old inferior one if u wish but honestly other than the correct mandibles, this one looks way better.

Well I am glad I have my NECA 1/4 scale Predator 2. I think it will do to fill that "City Hunter" void in my collection. Moving ahead there is nothing in the current HT's catalog that interests me. As a collector it is hard to sit back and wait for nothing. I am patiently waiting for Returns Penguin and Batman but until images and pre-order appear there is no line to stand and wait. During these dark times you start looking elsewhere......Scar Predator. Never thought the day would come where I would be excited about a football bodied Predator but I think HT's prototype looks great.

Bottom line 100% disappointed with AVP in theatres but has proven to have excellent replay value over the years!!!!

IMG2524.jpg

IMG2522.jpg

Nice job posing the neca 1/4 scale next the neca 1/4 scale classic alien. I have foggy dome version mine is posed differently. I have my alien posed with his armrs reaching outward. I never thought to buy a stand for the alien that was smart, mine tried to commit suicide 2x on my shelf.

Thanks to you i now know how the neca one looks out of the box, i was originally going to get him until hot toys announced theirs.

Not really feeling this release at all, to much of the same, nice and all but rather boring,looking forward to scar though.

Well I am glad I have my NECA 1/4 scale Predator 2. I think it will do to fill that "City Hunter" void in my collection. Moving ahead there is nothing in the current HT's catalog that interests me. As a collector it is hard to sit back and wait for nothing. I am patiently waiting for Returns Penguin and Batman but until images and pre-order appear there is no line to stand and wait. During these dark times you start looking elsewhere......Scar Predator. Never thought the day would come where I would be excited about a football bodied Predator but I think HT's prototype looks great.

Bottom line 100% disappointed with AVP in theatres but has proven to have excellent replay value over the years!!!!

IMG2524.jpg

IMG2522.jpg

cool looking display, episode 1 of star wars is my favorite of the series cuz it has the two best characters in the series, qui gonn and darth maul. Its funny i always seem to like the movies of series that "true" fans hate :lol That p2 and alien look great together, lets get to work on them aliens hot toys :lecture

City Hunter Predator is easily the best predator yet. The original predator 2 release looks like a pick up from a fire sale at kmart....hot toys or not, it does look very cheap.

I held out with the classic predator release, but I'm not sure I can hold out on this.

City Hunter Predator is easily the best predator yet. The original predator 2 release looks like a pick up from a fire sale at kmart....hot toys or not, it does look very cheap. I held out with the classic predator release, but I'm not sure I can hold out on this.

^^^ That comment is a insult to anyone who has every owned or still does own a old Pred...

Looks very cheap??? :cuckoo: I bet you have never even owned or seen one of the old P2 Preds in person... :exactly:

If you ask me and I wont be spending money on it... The new one looks more like a cheapo figuer...

I own all the Super Preds and the old P1 and P2 I know what good Preds look like thats why Ill hold out for Scar... :lecture

Back