Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this figure is cool.

So I found a little extra room in my budget this month, and can either buy this or the new Iron Man Mark 2. What do you guys think I should go with?

Man this figure is cool.

So I found a little extra room in my budget this month, and can either buy this or the new Iron Man Mark 2. What do you guys think I should go with?

Red skull all the way:wink1: The mark 2 is kinda boring as there is soooooo many ironmans out there, but theres only one redskull and he can easly be made into two figures so its a better value IMO. Anyway I just recevied mine today:yess: I haven't opened him yet but I can't wait to dig in. He is likely the best marvel villain ever made by hot toys:monkey3

Red skull all the way:wink1: The mark 2 is kinda boring as there is soooooo many ironmans out there, but theres only one redskull and he can easly be made into two figures so its a better value IMO. Anyway I just recevied mine today:yess: I haven't opened him yet but I can't wait to dig in. He is likely the best marvel villain ever made by hot toys:monkey3

Loki, man.

May have to use your backdrop, Luke. Thanks for sharing!

Yep, here is a small preview:

Cap_BGt.jpg

And the full size download, which is a zip file containing one JPG (1 MB, 5000x1500 pixels)

Guys I need some help, I opened my red skull today, soooooooo awesome, Love it. However why in the f@#$ did they change the neck adapter? I opened a new truetype to make the second figure and the neck adapter that come with redskull is to small to fit on the truetype, and the neck adapter that comes wit the truetype is to big to fit in the redskull head:gah: WTF :dunno How are you guys doing it? what am I missing here? Do I have to buy the redskull body off ebay to make this work, I'm not into moding 200 dollar figures:panic:

Heres a few pics of this awesome figure, He is so impressive just wish they did'nt change the neck adapter, such an inconvenance to have to buy another body off ebay instead of just poping it on one of there truetypes:( But anyway that aside I highly recommend this guy everything is top notch, a stunning piece:clap

is it IMPOSSIBLE to get the overcoat on this guy, or am I doing something wrong?? stupid sleeves all bunching up and being SO difficult!!

ideas?!?!
-r.

Take the grey jacket off. But the sleeves through the coat. Then put the doubled sleeves on the figure and button up. Pull on the Hyrda belt a bit to stretch it out and it should fit better as well.

Guys I need some help, I opened my red skull today, soooooooo awesome, Love it. However why in the f@#$ did they change the neck adapter? I opened a new truetype to make the second figure and the neck adapter that come with redskull is to small to fit on the truetype, and the neck adapter that comes wit the truetype is to big to fit in the redskull head:gah: WTF :dunno How are you guys doing it? what am I missing here? Do I have to buy the redskull body off ebay to make this work, I'm not into moding 200 dollar figures:panic:

You can also just remove the inner ring inside the neck and a regular neck adapter from another Truetype will fit. Got the tip from Mah:

What i did was remove the second ring in the red skull sculpt with a screw driver. Then gently pounded the TTA adapter into the sculpt and popped it onto the TTA body. Actually quite easy and fits like it should.

groovy.
thanks for the help, BM... and for the patience!!
-r.

No problem. It took me quite a while to fish those sleeves through the other sleeves and then to warm up the belt enough to stretch enough to close around the black coat. Definately a tight fit, but it looks really nice when all is said and done. I almost wish he had come suited up in the black coat just to avoid the hassle. But at least he wasn't Barney Ross hard to put together :lol That stupid thing had the dumbest design for a vest. They didn't make the zipper functional so you had to undo the side straps to get the vest on instead :slap Worst idea EVER!

You can also just remove the inner ring inside the neck and a regular neck adapter from another Truetype will fit. Got the tip from Mah:

Thanks for the response, I was starting to think my question was lost in past pages of this thread:hi5: Thats a good option, I will concider it but is it glued inplace, I don't like messing to much with these ex*****ive figures like that. This red skull has become one of my top five hot toys and I don't want to mess him up but I'm also not looking forward to paying ebay prices for the RS truetype ether:panic: why oh why did they change the neck adapter, what purpose does that serve:( sorry to sound like a whinny collector but this seems an unnessaserry change.

Back