Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw together a Johann Schmidt using a cheap body, some pants, boots and one of Joker's guns... I made him using the alt head sculpt in the Red Skull box... I think this is my favourite looking Hot Toys Marvel villain released so far. He looks great! :love:dance:rock:bunnydanc

F11Zew.jpg

Looks good, troy story!

That looks awesome SilverStar17, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! :duff

Impressive.
And for the record, TFA means The First Avenger, as you have correctly used it, lol.

Thanks, Username!

Regarding the "TFA" acronym, if you ask the Star Wars section, they will tell you it means something completely different. :lol

I noticed there's same acronyms used throughout the forum that have a different meaning in different sections.

Thanks, Username!

Regarding the "TFA" acronym, if you ask the Star Wars section, they will tell you it means something completely different. :lol

I noticed there's same acronyms used throughout the forum that have a different meaning in different sections.

I know. And they always catch me out. When I read CW, I think "Clone Wars"(Not Civil War), and "The First Avenger" when I read TFA. It's just that those acronyms were in my head for a while before the other versions came out.

I know. And they always catch me out. When I read CW, I think "Clone Wars"(Not Civil War), and "The First Avenger" when I read TFA. It's just that those acronyms were in my head for a while before the other versions came out.

:exactly:

Some that immediately come to mind for me:

Marvel: TFA = The First Avenger
Star Wars: TFA = The Force Awakens

Marvel: BW = Black Widow
DC: BW = Bruce Wayne

Star Wars: SW = Star Wars
Marvel: SW = Scarlet Witch

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. :lol

I threw together a Johann Schmidt using a cheap body, some pants, boots and one of Joker's guns... I made him using the alt head sculpt in the Red Skull box... I think this is my favourite looking Hot Toys Marvel villain released so far. He looks great! :love:dance:rock:bunnydanc

Excellent pics, looks great!! :rock Red Skull is such an awesome looking figure! :)

Just bought Red Skull brand new, but when I took the trenchcoat out of package, I see flakes stuck onto the plastic packaging.
Any way to fix the fake leather flaking? Will leather shoe protectors such as the product below help?

super-protector.jpg

Thank you so much.

I had no idea this was an issue. Wonder if it because of improper storage or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose its an unfortunate case of improper storage condition. TDW's Thors black cover seems to be made of similar material. I had no issues with that in my air conditioned room. Any way that I might be able to 'seal' the flaking?

I don't know... Maybe some kind of silicon dealer? I would ask on the custom thread. Those guys know their stuff over there.

Hi guys, Just managed to score a RS off Ebay, Was just wondering does the magazine come out of the pistol ?, I don't want to damage it

Kindest regards
Mark

I thought I'd bring back some love for Red Skull. He is often out done in my collection by Loki and now Ultron but I love this guy!

7938e267a664eafa716eba881a48afc0.jpg
34d584ac7ffd8f4a2f5b056462af009a.jpg
f57be908e83b7ac8b4f5ace8077f5752.jpg

Red Skull still holds up as one of my favorite Hot Toys. Nice pics. Love the shot of the three villains!

I still admire this figure every now and then also. I know the villain's name is "Red Skull", but that Hugo Weaving sculpt in my opinion just looks too good to not display the figure with.

I really need an extra body to display that Weaving sculpt.

Red Skull still holds up as one of my favorite Hot Toys. Nice pics. Love the shot of the three villains!

Thanks! Just a few more baddies on my wish list :)

I still admire this figure every now and then also. I know the villain's name is "Red Skull", but that Hugo Weaving sculpt in my opinion just looks too good to not display the figure with.

Yeah the Weaving sculpt is superb, I feel bad for keeping it in the box!

Back