Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read someone saying that we should give constructive comments or photos, to help HT improving this piece.

- Smaller hands PLEASE . She is a lady

- Round face
- Big, round and smooth lips . Not so crinkled.
sucker-punch-babydoll%5B3%5D.jpg

MV5BMjEzMDY3ODc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2MjA3NA@@._V1._SX640_SY268_.jpg

Do you really think Hot Toys is reading through all these post? If you want then to see you constructive comments you'd be better off posting on their Face Book page.

Wow are we spoiled. 10 years ago you wouldn't get a figure that touched this. We fanboys and fangirls really need to pipe down sometimes. lol

Remember you can't make the stuff that they roll out (or else you would be the one doing so), so in some ways one should be happy with the product which is already good or simply do not buy and move along.

The only reason why I pay top dollars for Hot Toys because they put out sculpt that looks like the characters in movies. They miss the ball on this one. 10 years ago I would never buy any 1/6 figure because they don't look like the characters.

I dont like what you did with the nose... but the eyes/lips are definitely better.
I got a photo of Emily, & the HT figure, put it side by side, & found I had to raise the nose to match the photo :D

lol @ the whiners! personally i think this figure looks good, and it will be a pre-order for sure.

I hope hot toys is NOT listening to the people who always have something to complain about, if you dont like it, just dont buy it, its as simple as that. Its not like you are forced into buying something, its your money, keep it if you dont think the figure is good enough!

You think that's an improvement? She looks like an alien now. :slap
When I was having fun tweaking it, I made it do funny faces :lol Where's that Superman photoshop guy. He might do a better job. I don't even have photoshop :lol Somebody tweak it properly, I wanna see :D

lol @ the whiners! personally i think this figure looks good, and it will be a pre-order for sure.

I hope hot toys is NOT listening to the people who always have something to complain about, if you dont like it, just dont buy it, its as simple as that. Its not like you are forced into buying something, its your money, keep it if you dont think the figure is good enough!

Yeah man I hope Hot Toys just wants to ignore their customers and let this figure shelf warm for eternity. You do realize they consider our opinions because we are their target market? I don't expect them to listen to us as though we were their boss, but they want to please the fans if possible.

The response for this figure is FAR MORE NEGATIVE than a lot of the previous Hot Toys figures. With Superman, you had the occasional complaint, but it was next two entire pages of praise. Sweeney Todd is being universally praised for the most part. Most complaints with Odin are just that there is no Loki to pose with etc.. You look at this figure however and the most positive thing I see about the face is "I don't see why you guys are whining I will buy it anyway."

The only reason why I pay top dollars for Hot Toys because they put out sculpt that looks like the characters in movies. They miss the ball on this one.
:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

It's funny that you categorize people who don't drool over this HT figure & may offer their opinions on what they dislike as 'whiners'. Did it ever occur to you that some of these same people were/are looking forward to buy this entire line of figures for their collection's? :slap

If you're expecting every post to be roses & rainbows from page 1 forward you're sadly mistaken. These figures cost too much money for people to just accept things they may find mediocre/poor quality without saying a word. :lecture

Yeah I actually prefer the original to this shopped version...
You don't like my 'vulnerable & scared' Babydoll? :pfft: I'd pay for mine if it was made (of course HT would have to tweak the uneveness of my edit) :lol

Edit: BTW, I am a fan of this figure the way it is :D But would welcome improvements (duh). Since Yulli is doing this, & depending on how busy Yulli's schedule is, the sculpt might get some improvement. I remember reading something along the lines of HT listening to suggestions, & Yulli being able to finish a head sculpt, from start to finish, in about 2-3 weeks :D

Last edited:
:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

It's funny that you categorize people who don't drool over this HT figure & may offer their opinions on what they dislike as 'whiners'. Did it ever occur to you that some of these same people were/are looking forward to buy this entire line of figures for their collection's? :slap

If you're expecting every post to be roses & rainbows from page 1 forward you're sadly mistaken. These figures cost too much money for people to just accept things they may find mediocre/poor quality without saying a word. :lecture

So true. We're good people and we don't walk into here hoping to hate the figures. Everyone seems to universally agree that Baby Doll's neck down is wonderfully designed.

You don't like my 'vulnerable & scared' Babydoll? :pfft: I'd pay for mine if it was made (of course HT would have to tweak the uneveness of my edit) :lol

No offense to your shop good sir, but even if it did look a little better, there's nothing I can do with her vulnerable expression. To me, it's similar to a blank stare. I can't do anything with it posing wise. That's why I prefer smirks or anger faces or whatever matches the character. That way you can give them weapons and it actually looks intimidating, unlike with say Jill.

If she came with two face sculpts then vulnerable would be cool :wink1:

It looks pretty good as is. Could it be better??? Sure!

This is a 12" female figure and it will look like a doll especially in this type of outfit. I think many here are losing perspective of what this is. Some of the pics show as if the character has no neck because this is basically a doll trying to pull action poses in a school girl outfit. Females are obviously tougher to pull off. People ask for "sexier" expressions...but this is still a doll that you pose and stuff.

This will still sell well despite the complain brigade. Then those that pass will scramble to look for one at $250+ shortly thereafter. It's the cycle of Hot Toys...

It looks pretty good as is. Could it be better??? Sure!

This is a 12" female figure and it will look like a doll especially in this type of outfit. I think many here are losing perspective of what this is. Some of the pics show as if the character has no neck because this is basically a doll trying to pull action poses in a school girl outfit. Females are obviously tougher to pull off. People ask for "sexier" expressions...but this is still a doll that you pose and stuff.

This will still sell well despite the complain brigade. Then those that pass will scramble to look for one at $250+ shortly thereafter. It's the cycle of Hot Toys...

Ummm... the figure is called "Baby Doll" ... I think that's what the figure is SUPPOSED to conjure.

Ummm... the figure is called "Baby Doll" ... I think that's what the figure is SUPPOSED to conjure.

I really don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand. She is supposed to look dollish. Rooted hair or not, a figure of her will very loosely resemble a Barbie doll.

I think you guys are forgetting one thing: the potential to use her outfit for an army of Japanese school girl customs :rock2

Back