Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amber sorely lacks the pilot helmet, in my opinion...
Yeah, I'm disappointed she didn't get the helmet as well. :monkey2

So.. what's wrong with the body that HT Babydoll comes with exactly?

I think the bodies for both figures are great - good starting points a for nice female custom figure. I'm glad HT have done some nice female TTs actually, all those seamless rubber bodies out there are terrible. :lol

Yeah, I'm disappointed she didn't get the helmet as well. :monkey2

I think the bodies for both figures are great - good starting points a for nice female custom figure. I'm glad HT have done some nice female TTs actually, all those seamless rubber bodies out there are terrible. :lol

There nothing wrong with Babydoll's body..... HT took the extra effort to make a smaller/shorter body for Badydoll while Amber's body is on a more typical (has been released before) TT

There nothing wrong with Babydoll's body..... HT took the extra effort to make a smaller/shorter body for Badydoll while Amber's body is on a more typical (has been released before) TT
Well.. your previous comment was a little confusing, I couldn't quite understand what you were trying to say. :lol

Most would agree ...Better figure neck-up (& new TT body): Babydoll...

What the figure wears depends on the movie character.... Amber sorely lacks the pilot helmet, in my opinion...

it's funny you mentioned the helmet for amber, i was just thinking about that the other day while i was rearranging my sucker punch display. that would have been the best accessory for her, Ht dropped the ball on that one. how bout one even better, her mech in 1/6 scale. that would just be epic, though it'll never happen. but if, just if it did,...it'd blow my mind.

What makes Amber better? Bdoll is more posable, is the central character, has a lot more accessories, more interesting look -- why Amber?

What makes Amber better? Bdoll is more posable, is the central character, has a lot more accessories, more interesting look -- why Amber?

I agree with you. Amber... Yawn...

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

I was going to ask the same question.
Babydoll is the prima female HT i own. I also own Amber, but i am curious to hear why Amber is better. I don't think they 100% nailed Amber's face.

well stating that BD is a central character doesn't argue your point that the figure is made better then another. in my opinion, i feel amber is the better figure cause to me, it looks more like the actual character. Bd looks nice and all, but she doesn't reflect the character in the movie as much as i believe the HT amber does. i also think the costuming done on her also looks better. again, this is so relative and subjective, but its just my opinion.

IMG_0600_zps95be9853.jpg

I think I stretched her out pretty good. I thought she stands up fairly well. Her Body seem well done.

The fact that BD is a central character around whom the whole story evolves makes her a heck of a lot more interesting. Can you tell us what makes Amber's story more interesting? Does she even have a story? What exactly is her character in the movie that the figure captures so well in your opinion?

The fact that BD is a central character around whom the whole story evolves makes her a heck of a lot more interesting. Can you tell us what makes Amber's story more interesting? Does she even have a story? What exactly is her character in the movie that the figure captures so well in your opinion?

dude...lol. i'm not arguing your point that she is the central character. that is pretty obvious. i'm arguing the point of what figure was made better IN MY OPINION. in relation to the movie her character is by far the most interesting. i get that. though i believe what we are talking about here is what figure is made better, or looks better or we not? dude, are we not reading the same stuff here?

Guys, guys.. :lol - HQN knows what I'm saying.

Amber is a better FIGURE for my money, that's the point I was making initially. We're talking about the ITEM itself - not the movie, not accessories - THE FIGURE. :lol

Why? Here's why:

*Amber has sculpted hair - not like BD's that'll get ratty over time.

*Better, sturdier outfit - more of a military look - yet still hip, & no flimsy pieces or hold up leggings that will lose their elasticity over time.

*Third one is purely subjective - the exotic factor. I just prefer the exotic girls in the group over the other three. :D
That's why I'm sad that Blondie won't likely get made. Amber's likeness is a bit weak, but ehh.. I'm fine with that. :huh :lol

I also don't see how Amber has any less poseability than BD. The outfit isn't restrictive - apart from the fact the pants may not allow her to do kick poses etc. They can be removed afterall.. :monkey3

Guys, guys.. :lol - HQN knows what I'm saying.

Amber is a better FIGURE for my money, that's the point I was making initially. We're talking about the ITEM itself - not the movie, not accessories - THE FIGURE. :lol

Why? Here's why:

*Amber has sculpted hair - not like BD's that'll get ratty over time.

*Better, sturdier outfit - more of a military look - yet still hip, & no flimsy pieces or hold up leggings that will lose their elasticity over time.

*Third one is purely subjective - the exotic factor. I just prefer the exotic girls in the group over the other three. :D
That's why I'm sad that Blondie won't likely get made. Amber's likeness is a bit weak, but ehh.. I'm fine with that. :huh :lol

I also don't see how Amber has any less poseability than BD. The outfit isn't restrictive - apart from the fact the pants may not allow her to do kick poses etc. They can be removed afterall.. :monkey3

Yep, wish there was a "hair up" scuplted BD head, still not a huge fan of hair, maybe it'll grow on me eventually... :dunno

Back