Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I like my Spiderman so much that I think I'm just gonna buy this one as well!

*New pic of Symbiont Spiderman shows sculpt/neck is two pieces, its not one piece like the regular Spidey*
307596_222303591164972_138228759572456_657934_204309827_n.jpg

^^
It's wierd that the Sculpt & Neck are separate pieces. Unless there planning on releasing a Toby Magure head sculpt, then they should just leave it like before :dunno

^^
It's wierd that the Sculpt & Neck are separate pieces. Unless there planning on releasing a Toby Magure head sculpt, then they should just leave it like before :dunno

When I first saw this I just figured it's because still a proto but looking back at the SDCC pictures you can see that the figure was made the same way as the Original Spiderman figure. Not sure why they would mess with that.

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_15.jpg

Oh man, I like my Spiderman so much that I think I'm just gonna buy this one as well!

*New pic of Symbiont Spiderman shows sculpt/neck is two pieces, its not one piece like the regular Spidey*

With my love for my Red/Blue Spidey, i'm definitley gonna pick this up, plus the rubber webbing wont be offset as much as it doesnt have to line up between two colors :yess:

When I first saw this I just figured it's because still a proto but looking back at the SDCC pictures you can see that the figure was made the same way as the Original Spiderman figure. Not sure why they would mess with that.

Me to but hey it's still an awesome looking figure & a must buy for me. I know Red Spidey is easily the most iconic look but I love the black look the most, he just looks so cool :rock

Maybe HT are just doing some market research with this two piece neck, just to see what the public reaction is.

It seems a little pointless to me unless they are planning on a Toby Maguire HS.
Why break up this "almost" seamless costume when they had it perfect before?

The neck and head are two separate pieces on my red and blue spidey. THe costume covers both pieces so if you take the head off it just kind of lays there while still connected to the costume, but I thought all of them were like that :dunno

How many collectors are honeslty gonna display Tobey maquire, that neck seem only minimises the look of Spider-Man in order to have the HS, seems pointless and doesnt look as good as it could be without it.

Come to think of it, maybe this isn't about a Toby Maguire head sculpt but a Venon head sculpt. Kind makes sense, I guess, since the body and uniform is the same on both spiderman and venon, only head changes. I rather just have a different figure for each (specially since I would pass on Venon).

Come to think of it, maybe this isn't about a Toby Maguire head sculpt but a Venon head sculpt. Kind makes sense, I guess, since the body and uniform is the same on both spiderman and venon, only head changes. I rather just have a different figure for each (specially since I would pass on Venon).

Venom and Symbiote Spideys suits are not the same

Maybe HT are just doing some market research with this two piece neck, just to see what the public reaction is.

It seems a little pointless to me unless they are planning on a Toby Maguire HS.
Why break up this "almost" seamless costume when they had it perfect before?

But it wasn't perfect, many had problems with it. Lumps and seams, etc.

^^

Whatever it takes to get a smooth head more consistently, I'm for. Many of you were fortunate to receive non lump head and chin Spideys, I was not. :gah:

Great picture. I have seen better photos in this thread than any other. I think it is because he is so posable.

Not just that. There are a lot of figures much more poseable than him. Trouble with those figures is that they have looser (normal) fitting clothes which must be futzed. The outfit is tight on this. Futzing is still important, but much less noticeable than most figures. I mean, someone might pose their DX01 Joker really well, but the tie is all jacked up-out of place. That spoils the whole look of the figure/pic. Not as much of an issue with this guy.

That's my thought anyway.

I do NOT like the separate head on the black Spidey. :mad:

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_15.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:(

I don't care about the neck if the head shape is more anatomically right and authentic than which a regular version have.

I don't know what might be more 'anatomically correct' about the new one.

Honestly, if they are going with a separate head like that it might be a deal breaker for me. The only possible reason I can think of for doing it would be to include a Toby HS.

The webbing not matching from jaw to neck will very very noticable, removing accuracy for the sake of a Tobey Hs is moronic, for eveyone who buys it 10/100 would display that sculpt on the Spidey figure.

This is pretty mind-blowing:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUNR5xjTTw&NR=1"]HOT TOYS SPIDERMAN : NEW YORK VIDEO 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently all the "effects" were done in-camera (i.e. Spidey really is where he apears to be).

Back