Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here is a question to all of you regarding this picture. Couldn't Hot Toys had made the stitching in the head a bit more to the right (or left) and hidden under the webbing? Was that not an option at the time or have ignored the possibility completely? I think it would look much better that way.

Sure they could have done that....but it goes against the way the fabric would have to be cut/sewn to contour the head shape. It's simply a limitation of materials/scale.

Save for making the head out of rubber or some other material, I don't think there's another way to have the material conform to the head shape without having it sewn in this way. Otherwise it would buckle in some spots and be too loose in others. The way they did it is probably the BEST way to do it. :dunno

Well I think they had to to get the fabric to curve around. The seam starts on the forehead and runs all the way down the back of the neck. You can hardly see it, but the joint is in the front as you can see in my pics. I don't want to sound like a HT fanboy (I'm not) but this really is an achievement in 1/6th clothing/costuming. It's seriously impressive inhand.

:goodpost:

Send it back! I can't even imagine how you would fix one of these feet.
The fabric is folded inside the plastic boot. they are not regular HT feet.
Sorry man.

:(

Figured it out.

You can pry the sole away, it's pegged in.
The fabric is stitched together, so i cut it away and then found out there is a rubber body!

Cut through that and found the source of the problem! Snapped ankle. Glued it, waited..

glued the rubber, waited....

restitched the seem...

reattached sole w/ pegs and it works! :hi5:

Figured it out.

You can pry the sole away, it's pegged in.
The fabric is stitched together, so i cut it away and then found out there is a rubber body!

Cut through that and found the source of the problem! Snapped ankle. Glued it, waited..

glued the rubber, waited....

restitched the seem...

reattached sole w/ pegs and it works! :hi5:

That's great you figured it out, but NO WAY would i be okay fixing something i paid $150 for... Nothing should be broken out of the box, i would still return it.

M.

DSC03198.jpg

This would make a fantastic wallpaper if only slightly bigger. :clap

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!! There's a goddamn rubber body under the suit? WTF, Hot Toys? W. . . .T. . . .F????

Yeah, well there is underneath the lower half as much as i can tell.

Unfortunetly glue was not enough and it broke again.

So i've used wire to pull the break together and some glue, which works really well.

However....

my Dad decided to part wisdom, as i was getting wire he used glue... :slap

there is now a dab on the outside of the f'in suit. Barely noticeable, but i can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got some expletives as one would expect after such a horrid discovery. I'm really disappointed/happy.

The joint is fixed, but the suit has a tiny stain, anyone have any advice on how to removed superglue without removing the dye???

Stuck at "item shipping soon"... I'm hoping he's in hand by Wednesday. :pray:

Do they send an email out saying youve been charged and that its shipping? It just says "item shipping soon" like yours but I havent been charged for it or anything :dunno

Yeah, well there is underneath the lower half as much as i can tell.

Unfortunetly glue was not enough and it broke again.

So i've used wire to pull the break together and some glue, which works really well.

However....

my Dad decided to part wisdom, as i was getting wire he used glue... :slap

there is now a dab on the outside of the f'in suit. Barely noticeable, but i can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got some expletives as one would expect after such a horrid discovery. I'm really disappointed/happy.

The joint is fixed, but the suit has a tiny stain, anyone have any advice on how to removed superglue without removing the dye???

I would suggest stop trying to fix your broken figure and send it back for a replacement or a refund.

When it's a fix as easy as that there is no point returning it.

I have no intention of selling it on so whatever repairs i do i can live with.

Back