1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a tediously long waiting game for this hobby. This one probably wont see the light until March-April 2020, HongKong based delivery time.

That’s what I was thinking. I just totally forgot about him and then realized Sideshow had him still arriving Jan-March, but if he hasn’t hit HK yet I’m sure it’ll be a bit. I’m definitely eager for this one (will be really happy when/if they do Ep1 Obi).

Kind of tempted on this one. I'm trying to stay out of SW, but I legit liked the phantom menace haha. There are dozens of us!

Kind of on the fence with Qui-Gon. Nice looking figure overall and I actually don’t mind the character. The film isn’t my absolute favorite but I don’t really dislike it either. He’s a maybe for me. If I get him a Palawan Obi-Wan is a must. I have to think that will be announced sometime fairly soon.

I’ll be picking up QGJ for sure. I’d be fine with Maul as a stand alone figure from Ep1 but I really liked the QGJ character. Padawan Obi a must for me.

Padawan Obi-Wan is all I need for my Star Wars collection. I'll get Windu if they make him but Padawan Obi is a must.

A venerable if maverick Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn was a student of the living Force. Qui-Gon lived for the moment, espousing a philosophy of "feel, don't think -- use your instincts." On Tatooine, Qui-Gon discovered a young slave boy named Anakin Skywalker who was strong in the Force. Sensing the boy's potential, Qui-Gon liberated Anakin from slavery. The Jedi Master presented Anakin to the Jedi Council, but they deemed the boy too old to begin training and dangerously full of fear and anger. They refused to allow Qui-Gon to train Anakin, but rescinded their decision to fulfill Qui-Gon's dying wish.

Today, Hot Toys is very excited to introduce the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!

Skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Qui-Gon Jinn in the film, this 1/6th scale collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt, finely tailored Jedi robe and tunic, a desert poncho, a LED light-up lightsaber, a Comlink, a grappling hook, a hologram projector with interchangeable holograms, and a themed figure base!

Battle the dark side with Jedi Master Qui-Gon in your Star Wars collection!

View attachment 448231
View attachment 448232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the last prequel figure left for preorder. Even if they announce one soon, it?s 2021 at the earliest for any release and the next one will probably be jango. Padme or obi will be even later. These production schedules are brutal.

Padawan Obi-Wan is all I need for my Star Wars collection. I'll get Windu if they make him but Padawan Obi is a must.
Yeah and it would complete the display with Qui-Gon and Darth Maul, it feels like they have to make him lol. Let's hope HT has it planned!

We would also need the rest of the separatist council: Techno Union, Intergalactic Banking Clan, Trade Federation, Commerce Guilds, Geonosians. Let's get this (se)Party(st) started! Would look great with Dooku or dead on the floor with Sith Anakin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Only Nute and Rune are really characters, the only other separatist leader that is an actual character with lines is Poggle the Lesser. Whom I would buy in a heartbeat, but will never happen.

San Hill, the Muun from the banking clan, is a character that pops up a bit in the Plagueis novel and has a line in AOTC. "The banking clan will sign your treaty."

I really want an official Hego Demask/Plagueis figure. The customs are ridiculously expensive.

Wat Tambor from the Techno Union would also be an interesting figure. I always liked how he has to adjust the knobs as he spoke. It was goofy and kinda charming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back