Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. That line just popped into my head while I was reading this thread.

Was looking at the Sideshow calendar and noticed my payment got pushed back a month. Must have deleted the e-mail without realizing it.

Was looking at the Sideshow calendar and noticed my payment got pushed back a month. Must have deleted the e-mail without realizing it.
Yeah I received an email to say that my final flexi payment is now July instead of May.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't understand why they make such a big deal about it. Whether you make the last payment directly before it ships or a couple months earlier shouldn't really matter all that much in the end.

Curious....Plastic Enemies posted a caricature of Rey/Finn/Bb8 and Rey's speeder...IF payments were pushed back, is it possible that Rey/BB8 are still hitting HK in May? May 1st tomorrow....hmmm.

Yeah I don't understand why they make such a big deal about it. Whether you make the last payment directly before it ships or a couple months earlier shouldn't really matter all that much in the end.

The reason they do is that they only charge just before it ships, so that you only get relieved of the final wedge of cash as the item arrives..
If they took it months before, you better believe all the "entitled" folks would be screaming at them for having had their money for three months, and no product. You know it would happen. There are people on here moaning at the delays of every figure. They would moan even harder if they had already paid the full amount and didn't have the figure en route. No patience these days.

Curious....Plastic Enemies posted a caricature of Rey/Finn/Bb8 and Rey's speeder...IF payments were pushed back, is it possible that Rey/BB8 are still hitting HK in May? May 1st tomorrow....hmmm.

Holy...! I could do with a delay.

The reason they do is that they only charge just before it ships, so that you only get relieved of the final wedge of cash as the item arrives..
If they took it months before, you better believe all the "entitled" folks would be screaming at them for having had their money for three months, and no product. You know it would happen. There are people on here moaning at the delays of every figure. They would moan even harder if they had already paid the full amount and didn't have the figure en route. No patience these days.
What's funny is it has nothing whatsoever to do with Sideshow. If a figure isn't released in HK yet, what do these people expect... Whatever delay is on HT 's end.

Eh, for me it sucks having to wait regardless of when I pay off the figure. And most of the BCS Doctor Who figures I've had paid off ages before they finally ship (even while using a flex pay option), so I'm kinda used to that part of it.

But you're right, there's probably way too many other people would would whine and complain about it.

What's funny is it has nothing whatsoever to do with Sideshow. If a figure isn't released in HK yet, what do these people expect... Whatever delay is on HT 's end.

Some people I notice can't seem to grasp that SSC is merely a distributor, they aren't the producer of these figures and therefore, don't make any of the decisions. A lot of questions they have that are really meant for HT, they end up contacting SSC and asking.

This is the only way to get BB-8 at the moment too. Ordered mine yesterday from Sideshow.

Hot Toys was smart to make it exclusive to a set. They knew fans would happily shell out the extra money for him.

I say this as a huge BB-8 fan who is about to order the set for that reason. :slap

I finally caved and pre-ordered the Rey and BB-8 combo too. This is my first Star Wars HT purchase. I am a fairly new collector and was looking at getting into the 1/4 scale line, but those prices are just crazy. The new Kylo Ren PF is $570. With that being said, I'm looking forward to this figure!

A few of the UK sites have revised the expected delivery date for Rey to September. Although I haven't read anything official from HT anywhere

Back