Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because she's .... private? Because privacy equals gay? Because no one is ever single? That's a bit like, "That guy's wearing pink ... I wonder if he's gay?"

Pink clothing for guys is making a comeback. It's not just for gay pride parades, lol. You can wear pink even if you're straight.
But if you also wear a flouncy hat, and wear a handbag we will all know the score, lol.

tumblr_o0edjs5wUk1qbauyro1_500.png

Pink clothing for guys is making a comeback. It's not just for gay pride parades, lol. You can wear pink even if you're straight.
But if you also wear a flouncy hat, and wear a handbag we will all know the score, lol.

SATCHEL_1721769a.gif

He wears a bit hat too. Must be...you know. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

19066--Indiana-Jones-Raiders-Of-The-Lost-Ark.jpg

I'm kinda hoping those aren't actually the kind of lightsaber moves she'll be using in the next movie. I really liked how Abrams brought back the OT style of fighting in TFA and got away from the super fast twirly fighting of the prequels (where most of the time if looked like the characters were just showing off).

I'm kinda hoping those aren't actually the kind of lightsaber moves she'll be using in the next movie. I really liked how Abrams brought back the OT style of fighting in TFA and got away from the super fast twirly fighting of the prequels (where most of the time if looked like the characters were just showing off).

It makes sense why the lightsaber skills of the Jedi in the PT were so polished because the PT was pretty much the apex of the Jedi Order, with thousands of years of teachings passed down.

I personally thought Luke had somewhat clumsy lightsaber skills and this also showed in Kylo Ren. The new Jedi is basically founded on whatever knowledge Luke had, so theoretically, it should take them quite awhile to get back to the level they were at in the PT. Not sure how they're going to explain Rey's lightsaber skills being so polished, if that picture is an indication of what they're going to be like.

I understand "polished", but it still felt like many of the Jedi's showy and elaborate moves in the prequels were more for looking really cool than actual battle, which to me doesn't really fit their philosophy of restraint and self-discipline all that well.

Plus I just prefer lightsabers that actually look like they're heavy and powerful versus ones that look about as light as a baton. :)

Maybe a tad for some attention spans, but absolutely on point ....

Because she's .... private? Because privacy equals gay? Because no one is ever single? That's a bit like, "That guy's wearing pink ... I wonder if he's gay?"

I didn't mean to stereotype anyone, if that's what you're saying - just thinking aloud about Daisy, who I'm a huge admirer of. She's interesting, and part of what makes her interesting is that we don't know much about her. How on earth did a virtually unknown British actress win the lead in the most anticipated film ever and then completely own it? I was only speculating, I don't think that's bad as long as there's no malice or homophobia behind it.

It makes sense why the lightsaber skills of the Jedi in the PT were so polished because the PT was pretty much the apex of the Jedi Order, with thousands of years of teachings passed down.

I personally thought Luke had somewhat clumsy lightsaber skills and this also showed in Kylo Ren. The new Jedi is basically founded on whatever knowledge Luke had, so theoretically, it should take them quite awhile to get back to the level they were at in the PT. Not sure how they're going to explain Rey's lightsaber skills being so polished, if that picture is an indication of what they're going to be like.

Vader fought this way too, heavy broad strokes as if it is a Claymore or heavy sword that may even have some odd gyroscopic pull due to how the laser is contained. Kenobi, while old, had a more fencing, jab and deflect style, nothing like the prequels in any way. There were really no nimble wrist flicks or blade spins in any of the OT battles. I liked that as well. I think things got way too flashy and almost absurd at moments in the Prequels.

That being said, I like how Dooku fought quite a bit and enjoyed other battles as well. Would have loved to see the Palpatine vs. Masters showdown be an actual battle instead of what happened there.

My biggest gripe of the Prequel Saber battles was Yoda. I never in a million years pictured Yoda dropping his cane and then flying around the room. I pictured him to be more of the Zen master who plops down, shuts his eyes and controls everything around him with simple, tight to the body force push/pull movements.

I like the use of the Sabers in TFA and look forward to what is to come. Rey had fighting abilities with her staff before this so she may have to unlearn a few things but she ultimately will bring her own style to combat.

Vader fought this way too, heavy broad strokes as if it is a Claymore or heavy sword that may even have some odd gyroscopic pull due to how the laser is contained.

Lucas told the actors in the Ot to hold the lightsaber with both hands as if it was incredibly heavy.

Lucas told the actors in the Ot to hold the lightsaber with both hands as if it was incredibly heavy.

And it worked extremely well to convey a sense of power, danger, and mystique to the weapon.

It captured all of our interests and has become one of the primary iconic pieces out of the saga.

Yeah, the new saber battle is one of my favorites from all the movies. Enjoyed watching the behind the scenes for the making of that and Boyega's impression of Driver as Ren.

My biggest gripe of the Prequel Saber battles was Yoda. I never in a million years pictured Yoda dropping his cane and then flying around the room. I pictured him to be more of the Zen master who plops down, shuts his eyes and controls everything around him with simple, tight to the body force push/pull movements.

Yeah that Yoda battle might have been pretty fun to watch at the time (especially in a movie that needed all the fun it could get), but in retrospect it just seems incredibly silly and ridiculous to see him bouncing around the room like a freakin cartoon character.

Yeah that Yoda battle might have been pretty fun to watch at the time (especially in a movie that needed all the fun it could get), but in retrospect it just seems incredibly silly and ridiculous to see him bouncing around the room like a freakin cartoon character.

It was quite funny though.

Back