Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only PT saber battle I think I actually like the whole way through is the maul one. Minus the Ani parts of course.

And even that one feels way too overly-choreographed when I watch it now. I think I'd much rather rewatch any of the battles in TFA, which actually had a real intensity and fierceness to them.

That one still feels like a video game as most of the PT ones do, with the lighting, etc, but after that (as far as the PT goes) the choreography got so out of control and involved Jedi/Villains I could care less about seeing involved in lightsaber battles.

The TFA one has such a raw power to it. It's what I wanted/expected in terms of a modern update to the OT battles. The context helps too where strangely the emotional scene just occurred between the villain and many people's favorite Star Wars character in Solo.

I like both styles.

In the prequels, they had all those different techniques. And some of the "show off" moves gives a certain martial arts feeling to it (i remember a part of the Vader X kenobi in mustafar, where they go a few seconds without even attacking, only swinging around, like if they couldn't find an opening).

That said, I don't mind if Rey gets a bit better and "'martial artish", as even Luke might have evolved during the years (I do hope they don't go overboard).

That said, I do enjoy the old rusty style from the OT a lot, and I do think that TFA had the best fights (so I hope that even if they do add a few elements from "old" PT fight style, they keep it at a minimum).

I also like the volume and colors of the blade in TFA. They're the best in the whole movie series.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

And even that one [Maul] feels way too overly-choreographed when I watch it now. I think I'd much rather rewatch any of the battles in TFA, which actually had a real intensity and fierceness to them.

Agreed, although there's a lot of finesse and story to the ESB duel. My favourite part of the duel in TPM was the first clash of sabers between Obi Wan and Maul directly after Qui Gon's death. It was very fast, and very direct. I actually would have preferred that throughout. The rest remains one of the most impressive fight scenes I've seen from a choreography standpoint, but too pretty.

I need to pop in the TFA blu ray, I don't remember the duel being as great as people are saying. I'd still choose the fight between Maul and Obi-Wan.

Not Star Wars, but one of my favorite fights to this day is still Bourne vs Desh in Bourne Ultimatum.

Does it matter whether she's gay, straight, or bi though?

As I said previously, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I'm interested in her because I thought she was great in TFA. I think it's fine to be interested in people you admire, and their sexual identity is one aspect of their character.

The TFA saber battle was ok, it pulled off what it was supposed to, two untrained jedi squaring off. It did not wow me, only made me look forward to a more polished fight in VIII. As far as my personal favorite saber fights, Empire is it for the OT, Vader, the setting, it was all perfect. However, I really like the Ep III fight with Anakin and Obi Wan as well, the fast paced fancy choreography was just awesome and a nice change of pace from the OT styling.

The TFA saber battle was ok, it pulled off what it was supposed to, two untrained jedi squaring off. It did not wow me, only made me look forward to a more polished fight in VIII. As far as my personal favorite saber fights, Empire is it for the OT, Vader, the setting, it was all perfect. However, I really like the Ep III fight with Anakin and Obi Wan as well, the fast paced fancy choreography was just awesome and a nice change of pace from the OT styling.

:exactly:

My precise sentiments as well. I liked the climactic saber duel at the end of RotJ also. I thought the setting was good for that too and the stage was set.

df6001865c135bcde1b8a2dbca55223d.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook [emoji851]

I suppose they consider blasters to be more dangerous than lightsabers. :lol

I just always find that things that are too close to our world stand out in the films/dialogue. In general I thought Lucas did a decent job in the OT of using language that was just different enough. Han wasn't talking about how many MPHs the Falcon could go, etc. A couple times in the new comics they referred to a blaster as a gun.

I just always find that things that are too close to our world stand out in the films/dialogue. In general I thought Lucas did a decent job in the OT of using language that was just different enough. Han wasn't talking about how many MPHs the Falcon could go, etc. A couple times in the new comics they referred to a blaster as a gun.

:exactly:

Even though by no means it ruined the scene for me, I personally would have left out the safety feature on blasters. Not from a political perspective at all, but for the sake of the SW universe not feeling too overly familiar to our world, like you said. By having a safety feature, it made it feel like they were referring to it as being more of a gun than a blaster.

Back