Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the ankle mod? Did it have something to do with his height? I definitely do want the trio of Rey, Finn, and Poe. Someone had posted a review by a guy who burned the figure (obviously a different one, but he gave it a poor score due to lack of accessories, different color shirt, and I forgot what else). But I thought the $175 was not bad compared to the $250 that guy supposedly paid for his. How did you add that snow on top of the base?

On mine just shaved down an extra pair of ankle joints, would've just done it to Finn's if that's all I had, then I removed the clear extenders so I could insert the modded ball joints.

IMG_6172.JPG
IMG_6173.JPG

The snow is just a removable topper I make for the TFA stands.

IMG_7736.JPG

For under $200 shipped I think I'll have to pull the trigger. I like the Trooper version more but I'm on the waitlist and not sure if I see it converting plus this is a good deal.

Seems John is a Hot Toys collector, but not showing any Star Wars figures so far
fa1a67eaa08900b77ef953d9d0c79278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is awesome to see. Always wondered if any of these actors or actresses collected 1/6 scale figures from other universes that they may be fans of; perhaps even their own universe.

If you're around somewhere on these forums, nice little collection there, John. :lol :clap

31207941921_21b0b3a025_o_d.jpg

My first actual Force Awakens character believe it or not. The others I have are First Order goons.

I really like this figure. Great articulation and accessories. But of course they offer him for even cheaper at a $50 discount after I got him for the $30 off last week. Still happy to have him though.

dfd02b69b8a3c1e852cb457ed0ed52f3.jpg

20161130_212503.jpg
Yeah im mad about the coupon too, but love this guy. Tad tall but he looks great.

This is awesome to see. Always wondered if any of these actors or actresses collected 1/6 scale figures from other universes that they may be fans of; perhaps even their own universe.

If you're around somewhere on these forums, nice little collection there, John. :lol :clap

who's the upside down character in the background? Cool collection he's got there.

I was able to pick up Finn for a great deal and have completed my TFA collection, for the time being. The only other figures I would be interested in picking up would be the Tie Fighter pilot and perhaps Kylo Ren, if I can get an amazing deal on them as well.

As for Finn, I'll definitely be doing the foot peg mod when I have the time. He's way too tall. I'm also thinking of changing out the gray shirt for a black one. I do have a Cocoboloboy "snow" base cover on order.

Overall, I'm happy with this one.

TFA 1.jpg

Would buy but they made him way too tall and I'm no where near handy enough to make modifications.

I understand. The height really bugged me as well, but someone posted a great tutorial in this thread, which I will be following to a "T".

The fact that I got him for an extremely good price was the initial motivating factor in adding him to the TFA collection. But now that I have him on display with Rey & BB8 and the Jakku trooper, I'm really glad I did finally get him. Brings balance to the Force... er... I mean display. :wink1:

Just got this guy and Rey with BB8. Got to admit they look great together. Have them in a detolf with Kylo Ren.

I've never been big on the sculpt, but the completionist in me wants to pick this up at some point to compete my TFA collection. Just seems kind of incomplete without him. I don't imagine he'll ever fetch very much on the secondary market, so there's no hurry.

You can definitely pick this up for a good price right now and he's a great figure.

Here's a pic of the mods I posted a few months back. Easy for anybody to do. Just soak the ankles in hot water for a bit to help ease the removal of the clear extensions. Shave down one ball on the ankle peg until it fits snug into the ankle hole and viola, you have a shorter Finn. I used an extra set of ankle pegs for my mod.

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

It's not a perfect match in scale afterwards but it's much better. Even as a stand alone the mod makes Finn's proportions look better.

IMG_9303.JPG

Last edited:
Back