Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Paypal Credit, I was finally able to order this! Ordered it from big bad toystore earlier today and hope to have him inhand next week in time for my 34th birthday :)

This is a figure that I had no intention of getting.
Then, I walked into the Hot Toys store in Disneyland. On display and right in front of me, was the twin pack (with the trooper). I couldn't say no, so I got the set. Originally planned to set him up in a duel with the trooper. I ended up setting him side by side with the new(er) Rey.

Tempted to follow that ankle mod, but to be honest, I hadn't really noticed the size issue between him and Rey in the movie !!

That's the only thing that worries me about him is his size. I've seen enough pics to know he's too big but I'm hoping it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of displaying and posing him with my other star wars hot toys. I thought about waiting for an episode 8 Finn but I'd be shocked if the next one gets a lightsaber again(possibly ever again even) and seeing as how I love sw characters with lightsabers and I already have Rey and Kylo, I just went ahead and finally got this version to round out the display. It came down to him or Han Solo and although Han is easily the better character, I'm kind holding out hope for an Han from Empire instead of the New Hope version.

I'll probably end up getting this figure some time. There's other figures I want first though and I don't think this figure is in any danger of raising in price, so I'm in no hurry.

I should've gotten Han Solo :(

Okay, first off, I like the character otherwise I wouldn't even have considered him. I knew about the height issue too. No big deal. But what I wasn't prepared for was his lightsaber arm situation. I thought I was. I have Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren and I know about the annoying switching arms deal to get the lightup feature to work. But Finn's is *****KING HARD TO DO. The Jacket(which looks great) and his tight shirt underneath make it very hard to switch arms in and out. I had read Michael Crawford's review of the figure a few months back and I forgot the warning he gave about it. I reread it today after struggling so much with him. It was embarrassing for my wife to find me on the kitchen floor tugging and pulling on him with sweat on my brow. It just wasn't any fun. I kinda dug him before I put the saber arm on him. I like the possibility in his legs in particular but that lightsaber thing is a major bummer. The instructions say to not pull the jacket off but I pulled it off halfway in all the commotion. Thankfully I got it back on but yeah, that was beyond irritating. I took a few photos but not as much as I expected to cause I was too annoyed to keep messing with him and just posed him on the shelf. Hopefully, I'll feel better about him after more play.

If your plan is to have a minimalistic SW collection, I would have gone with Solo as well.

Actually, it isn't. I'm just financially prohibited from having a huge sw collection. I mostly buy jedi/sith but make exceptions for main characters. I have Leia and would like a Han and Chewie. It's just with force awakens, I only wanted ren/rey/finn so I thought i'd complete that triumverte.

Makes sense.

Either way, if it were me personally, I'd make sure I had a Han and Chewie in my collection first before Finn if it came down to one or the other.

Finn1.jpg
Finn2.jpg
Finn3.jpg
Finn4.jpg

Those are my first few. Next my Force Awakens battle I've been wanting to build since these figures were announced.

Yeah nice work on the set of pictures!

This one is showing as almost sold out on Sideshow. I'm glad I got him since he's a great figure overall. Looks like he'll have the same jacket in The Last Jedi. But the shirt looks more like Poe's and Han's ANH. I might wanna get that eventual figure too depending on accessories and if I got money.

Thanks guys! I had fun doing it and it's something my son loves too. Whenever I get a new figure in the mail, my kid is just excited as I am to open it and he watches me pose it and whatnot. This particular scene I've had in my head since these figures were all announced. The ONLY thing that bugs me is there is no unmasked Kylo head. THAT would've made it perfect. While I'm unlikely to buy Finn again, I'll definitely double dip on Kylo for a new head.

I was so certain that we'd have an unmasked TFA Kylo from Hot Toys by this point, but I guess we won't be getting one from them unless they do one of those Movie Promo figures.

At least I saved cash on a TFA Kylo, lol.

Back