1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Justin’s reviews too. Even the formatted system I tend to enjoy because I know what to expect and usually get a good, clear look at everything without any fluff. Never understood the dislike of his commentary either. Kinda reminds me of a Casey Kasum style stage voice. 🙂

I'm pretty sure that if you do the math +50% of his phrases are the same in each and every review.... For me it's soooo annoying XD

Ps. I hate the he says "they didn't need to that but they went the extra mile" when it was something "standard/need it" to do, like weathering or something like that...

Last edited:
Jedha uber alles, imo.

He does good poses with much less cringe. I wonder how his 501st Battalion trooper army is coming along these days. Was it those, or DWM? He may have an army of each. We should all be so lucky.

I always say this, but I’m glad forums like this still exist even in the age of social media because the photos and impressions everyone posts here are invaluable. People collecting, taking photos, and sharing impressions of figures for fun is what it really should be about.
Yeah, this age wherein everyone rushes to monetize themselves, while further enriching big tech and sucking the joy out of simple pleasures grows tiresome.

As if we're not bombarded by enough mainstream advertising 24/7.

We should all be so lucky.

There’s a handful of other people here with substantial armies who have not posted them yet for reasons of their own. I appreciate that they don’t feel the need to make a big scene about it; just getting it done and doing it for fun.

The army comparisons will come eventually though, which I’m sure you’ll enjoy watching. Hopefully there’ll be enough popcorn to go around. :lol

Last edited:
HT really does look like a man in suit when compared to SS. Everything looks so well proportioned, and that helmet sculpt is just glorious.
SS wins with the colour accuracy of the flight suit though.

HT JANGO FETT4.jpg

HT screwed it up, just like Medicom did with their first release many moons ago....

Maybe they'll fix the colour along with the vest issue on a future Jango and kid Boda two-pack:D

I don’t think Hot Toys necessarily screwed it up. I haven’t seen the figure in person yet, but I think it looks like they got pretty close; closer than Sideshow at least, which was a plum purple. Slate blue and blurple are the two colors used by people building a fully accurate suit as @nocternus mentioned.

5D7F94A2-153B-4846-9DD8-D819934BC5EA.png
AB20189F-A966-48F7-A7DE-85995988AA7C.png

Depending on the blogger who took the picture, the Hot Toys suit seems to appear a bit more slate blue or blurple. Maybe a little too dark for slate blue, but that might be just the pictures.

The suit color is complicated by the differences in the prop suits, color grading, lighting, CGI, and differences in all the post processing work for various promotional pictures.

BF2B883F-25B7-4CE5-B4E7-002A0B9BB0AF.jpeg

Last edited:
HT really does look like a man in suit when compared to SS. Everything looks so well proportioned, and that helmet sculpt is just glorious.
SS wins with the colour accuracy of the flight suit though.

View attachment 578365
They used a lot of blue screen in the genonosis battle so they had to use purple to make it stand out and not disappear. Also just like the old show SWAT they had trouble with the uniforms being the dark blue as they showed up on camera as purple. The suite is suppose to be blue.

Nah man, frustrating as hell to listen to that over the top salesman voice. "Cringe" is the only word that comes to mind.

This is why I prefer Jedha. At least he mixes the format up a bit these days, and adds his own personal views.....in a normal voice.
Idk, I like Jedha, but I swear, sometimes he says things without actually saying anything.

That is a massive can of worms.

Where's @Jaycepticon at?

I typically let people break down Boba accuracy and not chime in but I’m definitely gonna dissect Jango just for fun:lol

I haven’t really looked at details yet and don’t really watch review vids but the black gauntlet hoses are the only thing that’s jumped out to the few pics hot toys dropped. Hopefully, I have it in hand this week.

Back