1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I day one pre-ordered mine and mine has shipped from Sideshow.

There is no rhyme or reason it seems how they determine when pre-orders ship.

I am suprised this is shipping from Sideshow.

I think this small batch garbage is a ploy to get our orders. They sneak out a handful of orders and everyone runs to sideshow to order, because it looks like they are shipping. It’s a ruse because most orders won’t ship for months, but it stops some from ordering directly from hk. I used rewards so I’m sure my jango will ship in December.

It's a strange thing the way these releases have been rigged. Some of it I'm sure has to do with factory and shipping logistics but there definitely is some collusion between HT and Sideshow in play as well. It has become even more strange ever since Sideshow did that crackdown on both HK sellers and their own retailers.

One thing is for certain, you won't get your figures in a timely fashion unless you pay up for a order direct from HK or you order from Sideshow and get lucky in whatever the hell their lottery system is.

I think this small batch garbage is a ploy to get our orders. They sneak out a handful of orders and everyone runs to sideshow to order, because it looks like they are shipping. It’s a ruse because most orders won’t ship for months, but it stops some from ordering directly from hk. I used rewards so I’m sure my jango will ship in December.

I had the same idea. They never change it to in stock but they make It seem like if you order you’ll get it soon.

Not too sure about it. Just look at @Jedi_Col’s post, seems like SS’s shipping their latest orders first.
You just never know though. As others have mentioned Sideshow seems so random with how they ship.

I mean with the Hong Kong sellers I pay a little more, but at least I know it’s coming in a timely manner (largely depending on how fast international mail is). I could order with Sideshow today and it could go out next business day or it could be months from now.

Just paid my final flex in the hopes of getting it sooner. Probably won’t see it till September.

It's a strange thing the way these releases have been rigged. Some of it I'm sure has to do with factory and shipping logistics but there definitely is some collusion between HT and Sideshow in play as well. It has become even more strange ever since Sideshow did that crackdown on both HK sellers and their own retailers.

One thing is for certain, you won't get your figures in a timely fashion unless you pay up for a order direct from HK or you order from Sideshow and get lucky in whatever the hell their lottery system is.
I have the same luck with the standard lottery... Once again, it boggles my mind that they don't at least ship to folks who have only paid the NRD as that's the fastest way for them to get the most money. If it were my company, I'd hit those first, followed by flexpays and then those poor souls who for whatever reason pay in full up front. I'm not saying that's fair our right, but from a pure profitability perspective, it's an absolute no-brainer. Maybe they are doing that and I'm just not aware. Are there ANY flexpayers out there who have gotten this or will get it with the payments on the 25th?

I have the same luck with the standard lottery... Once again, it boggles my mind that they don't at least ship to folks who have only paid the NRD as that's the fastest way for them to get the most money. If it were my company, I'd hit those first, followed by flexpays and then those poor souls who for whatever reason pay in full up front. I'm not saying that's fair our right, but from a pure profitability perspective, it's an absolute no-brainer. Maybe they are doing that and I'm just not aware. Are there ANY flexpayers out there who have gotten this or will get it with the payments on the 25th?

They used to mostly do it that way, and that is the correct way but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason anymore. I'm kinda surprised nobody within Sideshow has ever leaked what in F goes on over there.

I’ve always felt like people who are on flex pay should be some of the first orders fulfilled. Those people pay a good chunk of the cost of a figure in advance.

It would seem right to give them their figures first, but Sideshow likes holding that money longer and hitting those who make full payments.

Even then though it’s random because some order first day and get theirs, but others order when the first look videoed come and get theirs.

I’ve always felt like people who are on flex pay should be some of the first orders fulfilled. Those people pay a good chunk of the cost of a figure in advance.

It would seem right to give them their figures first, but Sideshow likes holding that money longer and hitting those who make full payments.

Even then though it’s random because some order first day and get theirs, but others order when the first look videoed come and get theirs.

Absolutely wrong. Payment plans cause Sideshow more work and more headaches. Those should be last. Customers who full pay and manage their own finances should have top priority.

Absolutely wrong. Payment plans cause Sideshow more work and more headaches. Those should be last. Customers who full pay and manage their own finances should have top priority.
It’s a system Sideshow offers and manages (I know they use Reach as a third party, but still it’s all managed through their site). They don’t have to do it, but have for years and even promote it pretty regularly as a perk.

Also again those people who utilize flex are paying in advance of receiving the figure up to the point where there’s only a small amount left at the end generally. How is it that they should be last to receive?

I can manage my finances fine and often do pay in full, but there are times where I prefer to split the cost up particularly on higher priced items.

Back