1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruh, you could stick Cody's sculpt on freaking Harley Quinn, and that figure would be improved. Cody has a bomb-@ss facial sculpt, in his way he is as good as Boba Deluxe. My only quibble with that sculpt is the size of his ears.

I actually think that sculpt should have just been reworked for Jango, but unfortunately I dont make the decisions over at HT
Someone please do this. :LOL:

Don’t understand the critique towards this headsculpt. It’s close to spot on! Amazing figure, easily one of the best SW figures produced by Hot Toys.
1. It's really not "spot on", especially considering how much better the sculpts are for Boba and Cody.
2. Yes, it's an amazing figure. But that doesn't make it immune from criticism.
3. I don't think you can say it's one of the best until we have it in hand.

Headsculpt looks a lot better in that review but still not really good enough. I also think that they still haven't got the visor thin enough in the eye areas.

I think the sculpt looks just slightly above average. I'd say a strong 7/8 out of 10. Not great, but also not a dealbreaker like most seem to be treating it. It'll look great staying in the box forever.

But they definitely could've eased up on these gaunt weathering, for sure. This just looks silly.

JangoGaunt.JPG

I think the sculpt looks just slightly above average. I'd say a strong 7/8 out of 10. Not great, but also not a dealbreaker like most seem to be treating it. It'll look great staying in the box forever.

But they definitely could've eased up on these gaunt weathering, for sure. This just looks silly.

View attachment 577718

Totally caked it on. There was definitely a bit there in the movie but HT toys went too far.

Attachments

• Jango_fett_geonosis.png
    Jango_fett_geonosis.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 0
I mean about the weathering…whether (hehe) it is fully accurate or not, weathering definitely brings a figure to life so for me it is welcome. If it was completely dirtied and muddy than yeah but I think those little dirtied parts make it more lifelike.

View attachment 577718
Yikes. Yeah, if this was one of my life size gauntlet projects, I'd just grab the silver spray can and start over :)

The figure is absolutely incredible!!!!
This and the Boba Fett Two pack were my most anticipated figures. And the SnowSpeeder Luke haha. Jango turned out so well. I think the sculpt is pretty amazing myself and I am really happy about it.

Headsculpt looks a lot better in that review but still not really good enough. I also think that they still haven't got the visor thin enough in the eye areas.

This continues to frustrate me, they widen it for the production piece but had it fine for the pre-order photos. Same with Mando Boba.

The sculpt is a bit of an Infinity War Captain America or ROTS Obi-Wan situation.

Some of the details were softened in the final sculpt, losing that feeling of instant recognition you get when you see a really strong sculpt.

But those figures also look a lot better in person, where the other details are more visible and not washed out in a poorly lit photo or uneven video.

I think it'll ultimately be fine; maybe a B- sculpt that only feels comparatively worse because we've been spoiled by extremely strong Morrison sculpts with the Clones and the Tusken Fett.

Last edited:
I would like to see the remaining youtube toy moguls focus on getting some 360 degree, tack sharp images or video of the sculpt. It'd be helpful to dispel/confirm what we're all seeing so far with this production sculpt.

I never seen such a variance of details image to image and video. It looks different in almost every presentation for whatever reason.

Here's a collection of screen caps from MRC video above with a touch of image sharpening, simply due to the soft focus on video (so still not an absolute unfiltered view) :

490BA20B-5E04-4A47-8E53-E12937A0074D.jpeg

EBBD6860-24C8-4899-916E-758B3F72781B.jpeg
4ACD2390-7A12-4B26-A903-18C225B8768D.jpeg
B4591F91-824B-41DB-8A74-79731BADCB69.jpeg
21CE13B3-13B3-4804-80C6-1766ED265EA4.jpeg
AB13881A-4800-4D10-B07D-7E44BB20CF69.jpeg
DC712EFB-A096-4520-ADF0-8E62B098F423.jpeg

Last edited:
Something with the chin doesn't work for me on this as well. The shape is off. It's a close sculpt, but imo it's the worst of the HT Tem sculpts by far.

Edit** and to clarify before I get blasted, when I say "by far" I'm speaking of comparing the Tem sculpts. Meaning it's by far the worst of them all, not that it's a terrible sculpt by far in general. Just that when comparing them all, imo, there's not another Tem sculpt that is close to being ranked last.

Last edited:
The other sculpts have the advantage of the subject being a bit/significantly older. Age leads to some more pronounced features that lend themselves to being captured in the sculpting and production process better.

Some of Hot Toys’s best work is on older faces. This being a younger version and the softer details on the final production probably give the illusion that the sculpt is more off than it is. And some of those pictures and videos did not help.

It’s not perfect, but it’s fine. We should want more than fine, sure, but not every likeness can be a home run and they’ve put out worse before.

Hopefully no one cancels yet based on these early pictures. Those of us who’ve experienced know it’ll probably be better in person. When a sculpt is actually bad, it’s glaringly clear.

The other sculpts have the advantage of the subject being a bit/significantly older. Age leads to some more pronounced features that lend themselves to being captured in the sculpting and production process better.

Some of Hot Toys’s best work is on older faces. This being a younger version and the softer details on the final production probably give the illusion that the sculpt is more off than it is. And some of those pictures and videos did not help.

It’s not perfect, but it’s fine. We should want more than fine, sure, but not every likeness can be a home run and they’ve put out worse before.

Hopefully no one cancels yet based on these early pictures. Those of us who’ve experienced know it’ll probably be better in person. When a sculpt is actually bad, it’s glaringly clear.
How is Jango "younger" than the clones? Aren't they aged up to be approximately the same age as he was?

Either way, whatever the reason, this is easily the worst of the Tem sculpts by a long, long way. I'm not saying that merits cancelling, but I think it's more than fair to call it out.

Back