Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

This hobby isn't for everyone. I'm not reveling in anything. But be honest with yourself. If there is even the remote possibilty you can't afford this hobby, YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS THIS HOBBY. Its not like I'm calling him out for not being able to afford food.

There are many posts here stating they can't afford it, but they realize how cool this is. The notion of beating something down to rationalize not being able to have it is rediculous.

Again, we're talking about high end collectibles. Not rent or food.

This hobby isn't for everyone. I'm not reveling in anything. But be honest with yourself. If there is even the remote possibilty you can't afford this hobby, YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS THIS HOBBY. Its not like I'm calling him out for not being able to afford food.

There are many posts here stating they can't afford it, but they realize how cool this is. The notion of beating something down to rationalize not being able to have it is rediculous.

Again, we're talking about high end collectibles. Not rent or food.

:rotfl

I have over 100 hot toys + other high end collectibles, plus I have a very good job, etc etc. I can afford this. Just pointing out that this is very light on extras. I used a poor choice of words saying 'joke.'. :wave

I have over 100 hot toys + other high end collectibles, plus I have a very good job, etc etc. I can afford this. Just pointing out that this is very light on extras. I used a poor choice of words saying 'joke.'. :wave

Ok. No worries. I'm fairly new, and don't understand why members post in threads of figures they don't like to just crap on them. No harm intended. It did just read poorly.:hi5:

This hobby isn't for everyone...
Ah, OK, I get where you're coming from, now. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Agree for the most part. No doubt that there are a lot of people in the hobby that would probably be best off cutting their losses, or, at the very least, severely narrowing their focus. I do get tired of reading post after post of people that feel entitled to the newest release at their own personal price point. If money ever became tight, this is the very first thing I'd cut and without any regret.

Ah, OK, I get where you're coming from, now. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Agree for the most part. No doubt that there are a lot of people in the hobby that would probably be best off cutting their losses, or, at the very least, severely narrowing their focus. I do get tired of reading post after post of people that feel entitled to the newest release at their own personal price point. If money ever became tight, this is the very first thing I'd cut and without any regret.

exactly what I meant and how I feel.

I can't and don't buy everything. And what I'm not getting I completely avoid those threads. But thats me. I just don't care about what I'm not interested in.

It better not be more than 250, it should cost less since A) mk7 repaint, B) Few accessories and non lighted base.
But we all know HT is about profits and not logic.

Lol. Yeah. We knew he was back as soon as he started posting.

And on a Midas subject, i got the head done today at work.
Works a treat. It will look great if/when i am successful in picking up a Midas for my collection.
If not, i will just sell it to someone who does get one.

E2CD1C58-BE2A-4CAD-992B-D8E4BE39AA47.jpg

47F67F2A-C4A8-4CF3-BEA9-FF8939FD1F29.jpg

0D12C9BE-E95D-43C1-A7D1-6A979592E472.jpg

5F2BE6C9-13AD-42FD-BC37-6A023043FC44.jpg

387B0067-F9ED-4541-8F48-C2DE847AFCE6.jpg

C43A0393-66A3-4D23-B9DE-42930A8DD703.jpg

4C80EFAB-DDD3-4CDA-AA66-70D5C3B0C9D0.jpg

Good job with the tony stark implantation but did that ruin the light feature?

Good job with the tony stark implantation but did that ruin the light feature?

Not really. The entire light assembly is still in one piece. Albeit in my toolbox...
If you meant: "doesn't it light up anymore?", then yes. It doesn't.
I just like having suits with the Tony head in them. And i think that's the best Tony head we have gotten till now.
So this is now just a helmeted sculpt display piece now.

Would it have hurt Sideshow to put this up for PO a lil' earlier? I went ahead and got Midas off evilbay. Actually, Sideshow isn't to blame I guess. *** you HT.

And on a Midas subject, i got the head done today at work.
Works a treat. It will look great if/when i am successful in picking up a Midas for my collection.
If not, i will just sell it to someone who does get one.

C43A0393-66A3-4D23-B9DE-42930A8DD703.jpg
Awesome work barry. I might think of taking that :wink1:

You're ditching work to preorder this!? :lol
That's the least of what freaks here can do :D

So is there going to be a buying window like the preorder for Batsuit Batman or it just going to be like what we preorder stuff normally?

No worries.
Here's the helmet on the MKVII:

AAB8C04B-041A-4FA5-915C-DCE60D0AAA41.jpg

A95DAE26-0A0C-48C2-95F7-D7313103556E.jpg

C2FD7CA8-D2E6-46B1-9BC0-DE5E07E8E5C0.jpg

Nice! that looks amazing!

Last edited:

I'm prepared for $299.99

Hmm? That seems about right. I'm thinking beween the range of $274 to $309 myself. And that's just figuring with the current price trend these past couple of months.

The more i think about it, the more i realise i'd only be buying this figure for a higher resale.
I have two MKVIIs, and the BD MKVII already.
So.
I think i will not bother trying to get one.
It's beautiful. I am not going to take away from that.
And i *would* like it. I'll most likely be jealous of everyone that gets one.
But as i don't have plans to pick up any more armours(And have I to VII already), it would likely look out of place in my shelves. So i am going to leave these for everyone else, and enjoy seeing everyone else taking pics of theirs shortly after the 2nd of Dec.
So i will invite offers for the Tony masked head if anyone wants it for their figure, lol.

:exactly:

The only justification for this figure being expensive, was when it was in short supply and people were buying from scalpers, because it had not been officially released to certain markets.

If this figure is getting an 'official' release, then that does not apply.. which means a high retail price from a recognised outlet, for a repaint figure with no light up base, does look like blatant profiteering.

I like the figure but the retail price from the Euro Hot Toys reseller does not appear to make sense.. unless resellers are now moving into scalping, as a new business model.
In which case I will start buying direct from a reputable retailer in Singapore on release.. not wait to be gouged by a local retailer, when /if they get an allocation, much later.

:exactly:

The only justification for this figure being expensive, was when it was in short supply and people were buying from scalpers, because it had not been officially released to certain markets.

If this figure is getting an 'official' release, then that does not apply.. which means a high retail price from a recognised outlet, for a repaint figure with no light up base, does look like blatant profiteering.

I like the figure but the retail price from the Euro Hot Toys reseller does not appear to make sense.. unless resellers are now moving into scalping, as a new business model.
In which case I will start buying direct from a reputable retailer in Singapore on release.. not wait to be gouged by a local retailer, when /if they get an allocation, much later.

^^^ :goodpost:

Back