Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Lol. Yeah. We knew he was back as soon as he started posting.

And on a Midas subject, i got the head done today at work.
Works a treat. It will look great if/when i am successful in picking up a Midas for my collection.
If not, i will just sell it to someone who does get one.

That's a hell of a hack job. Looks good

Dang, was hoping it'd be earlier so I could just take the morning off work. I wonder if I could get the whole day off, luckily I'm still freelance at the moment :rotfl

When the BD MKVII went on sale, it was at 17:00 Eastern.
And it was similar with Snake Plissken if i recall. Later in the day.
There's never a guarantee of when.
Just keep an eye on this thread all day that day.

That's a hell of a hack job. Looks good

Thanks. Should look great on the figure.

Question:
Seeing how you just shaved the face off, how do you intend to attach it to the neck post?
Just curious, not making a snide remark :peace

The 21 head has a neck post attachment of it's own. It's just like the MKVII one. That was not altered. In the 2nd, 3rd and 4th images of my post, you will see the black PVC part attached to the lower rear of the helmet, that is the part with the ball joint hole in it.

Ahhhh.....
Well done sir,...well done

No worries.
Here's the helmet on the MKVII:

AAB8C04B-041A-4FA5-915C-DCE60D0AAA41.jpg

A95DAE26-0A0C-48C2-95F7-D7313103556E.jpg

C2FD7CA8-D2E6-46B1-9BC0-DE5E07E8E5C0.jpg

I agree, looks awesome, wish I had some skills like that.

Thanks a lot. It's mainly the dremel that did the hard work. I used a diamond cutting head to remove the main interior of the facemask, then a stone cutting head to refine the shape, and finally a sanding drum to reduce the Tony head so that would fit inside.
It took about forty minutes form start to end.

Great job Barry me old mate!

Thanks.

Robocop said:
Stay out of trouble

Hmm, wonder what the price will be. Still, it can't be worse than buying from eBay, so I guess anything under $500 will be a "deal". I bet it will go for 310 USD plus shipping, but I hope I'm wrong and that it's less expensive.

No kidding. Anything less than "an arm and a leg" would be a deal :)

if this is more than the bd mark Vii then I will pass on this. No light up base is a frakkin' joke and the joke is on IM HTs' fans...:rotfl

Hm, even if that were true, it's the epitome of tasteless to revel in someone not being able to afford something that you can.

Speaking for myself, I could afford it at pretty much any foreseeable price, but a) I don't care for the Mark VII design... pretty much hate it, and b) non-light-up base indicates to me that HT is rushing these out the door strictly for profit. If it's an exclusive with premium pricing, it really should have some neat extras instead of less than a regular release.

That said, I do like the two-tone gold and I'm happy for all those who've been waiting for this figure to get a North American release. I know a lot of people were pretty close to just giving-up on ever seeing it or had resigned themselves to pay e.Bay prices, so it's cool to see that everyone should be able to get their hands on one.

Back