Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

:exactly:

The only justification for this figure being expensive, was when it was in short supply and people were buying from scalpers, because it had not been officially released to certain markets.

If this figure is getting an 'official' release, then that does not apply.. which means a high retail price from a recognised outlet, for a repaint figure with no light up base, does look like blatant profiteering.

I like the figure but the retail price from the Euro Hot Toys reseller does not appear to make sense.. unless resellers are now moving into scalping, as a new business model.
In which case I will start buying direct from a reputable retailer in Singapore on release.. not wait to be gouged by a local retailer, when /if they get an allocation, much later.

It was sold out in Singapore during the STGCC. Even all POs were sold out, so how are you going to buy from other retailers without paying crazy prices?

It was sold out in Singapore during the STGCC. Even all POs were sold out, so how are you going to buy from other retailers without paying crazy prices?

That doesn't answer the question as to why a repaint figure without the light up feature in the stand, is being sold for such a prodigious mark-up by 'official' retail outlets, with an 'official' allocation.. and I have a friend who lives in Singapore, so it would just be calling in a favor now and again.

No one but those who work for HT that handle their pricing can answer that. Anything posted on this forum is just our opinion. And I doubt anyone here has the inside knowledge of how much it cost HT to produce these. I personally don't care. For me, its as simple as this.

HT makes a figure. I like it. I can afford it. I buy it.

OR

I don't like it or can't afford it, I don't buy it.

No one but those who work for HT that handle their pricing can answer that. Anything posted on this forum is just our opinion. And I doubt anyone here has the inside knowledge of how much it cost HT to produce these. I personally don't care. For me, its as simple as this.

OR

That's pure crazy talk. Its a proven fact that if enough people say it, it must be true. Case in point, the internet. Nothing but truth.

OR

Oh, I can afford to buy it.. I just don't like being ripped off and that is what the price of this particular figure is, through official channels in Europe ..never understood the 'look how much money I can extravagantly drop in public' schtick.. its not bragging rights, it actually suggests poor business judgement.. in which case pay HT for a solid gold custom and post the vid on YouTube for proper King of Bling swagger.. fact is, the Chitauri two figure price is justifiable (and I will be buying that), the official Midas price in Europe however is not.

Oh, I can afford to buy it.. I just don't like being ripped off and that is what the price of this particular figure is, through official channels in Europe ..never understood the 'look how much money I can extravagantly drop in public' schtick.. its not bragging rights, it actually suggests poor business judgement.. in which case pay HT for a solid gold custom and post the vid on YouTube for proper King of Bling swagger.. fact is, the Chitauri two figure price is justifiable (and I will be buying that), the official Midas price in Europe however is not.

I agree. Expect its not a fact, its your opinion. You don't have the production info and details to state it as a fact.

That's pure crazy talk. Its a proven fact that if enough people say it, it must be true. Case in point, the internet. Nothing but truth.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

th

I agree. Expect its not a fact, its your opinion. You don't have the production info and details to state it as a fact.

Neither do you.. but by all means, go ahead and talk us through your justification of the $580 (excluding shipping) 'official' European price for a standard size figure re-paint, with no light-up base feature.. especially since its starting to look as though this figure is not nearly as small a production run, as initially imagined.

Neither do you.. but by all means, go ahead and talk us through your justification of the $580 (excluding shipping) 'official' European price for a standard size figure re-paint, with no light-up base feature.. especially since its starting to look as though this figure is not nearly as small a production run, as initially imagined.

But I never claimed to know that info. I didn't called my opinion a fact. Nor am I interested in convincing anyone of anything. I buy base on my wants and ability to afford. Not because of anyone elses opinion.

I wasn't trying to create any contention.

Sorry if you took it that way. Like I said. I actually agree with you.

Exactly. That's the truth Hitler used to lead the Nazi party on to... er... victory...? Heh.

Black is white.
White is black.
Watch out for the Zebra crossing.

:lol

(I always enjoy your posts Robbie, why can't more people be like you?)

There is only so much awesome to go round.

But I never claimed to know that info. I didn't called my opinion a fact. Nor am I interested in convincing anyone of anything. I buy base on my wants and ability to afford. Not because of anyone elses opinion.

I wasn't trying to create any contention.

Sorry if you took it that way. Like I said. I actually agree with you.

I take the point you are making.. and I have argued in favor of the 'normal' price of Hot Toys figures based on quality and complexity on a number of threads on this forum in the past.. but it is a fact, that the current 'official' retail price of the Midas figure in Europe ($580) appears to be blatant profiteering, there is no other word for it.

As I have said, I accept the Chitauri pricing.. and also the Igor price, both of which have annoyed some collectors.. I am making a very particular point about a particular HT figure (although don't get me started on GG's Jumbo Wampa! :lol ) ..apart from that, we are very much in agreement.
:peace :1-1:

That doesn't answer the question as to why a repaint figure without the light up feature in the stand, is being sold for such a prodigious mark-up by 'official' retail outlets, with an 'official' allocation.. and I have a friend who lives in Singapore, so it would just be calling in a favor now and again.

Unless your friend managed to get one or two during the event in Singapore, I am not sure if he can buy one off the shelves of some local retailers at the PO price. All the shops that I have been to so far had the selling price at close to $600 though. It might fall but I doubt it will be close to the PO price at all.

Unless your friend managed to get one or two during the event in Singapore, I am not sure if he can buy one off the shelves of some local retailers at the PO price. All the shops that I have been to so far had the selling price at close to $600 though. It might fall but I doubt it will be close to the PO price at all.

.. and what was the pre-order price in US Dollars?

Methinks I will use all my Spooktakular points to bring the price down... unless my WL converts for the BD T-800 DX-13... what ever comes first...

Yea, I used up a $165 worth of points foolishly on the pps mk 42 two weeks ago. Pissed I very much am!

Better get ready to stalk this thread on the 2nd.

"On December 2, the highly anticipated Iron Man Midas by Hot Toys will be up for Pre-Order!

We have a limited quantity available, so be sure to follow up on Twitter @collectsideshow for up to the minute coverage of this exciting event!

I know I can't wait! *Susan"

Yeah I saw that. Limited could still mean upwards of 1000, but between NA and most of Europe, those will go quickly. Really hoping i can grab one because I will be pissed if I can't. No way I'm paying $500-600 for it, so it's Dec 2 or never.

Back