HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Anyone knows where i can buy a dx12. I know a bit late in the game on this one... But had 15 other toys coming in so had to defer it. I see waitlist mentioned on sideshow site? Anyone knows if there would be a chance if i buy one through them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello all, here's my first post on sideshow freaks:wave

I ordered a DX12 yesterday :yess: at Kadoshoptonswart - https://www.kadoshoptonswart.nl/product_info.php?products_id=1128 for $336.41
I think he ships worldwide
Have a look :wink1:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I just ordered this.

I was a little hesitant because of some of the things I've read about the rubber possibly having issues down the line, but eventually the rational part of my brain took a nap, and the impulsive collector stole the credit card. :D

There are literally hundreds that want to have and enjoy this figure, however, due to scalpers buying this figure by the s#!tload, it's tough for both fans of the character and newcomers to the hobby.

Rising prices is a problem too of course. But the asking price on dx12 is just mind boggling.

It's a shame really and I too hope HT releases another version or at the very least do another limited run of the dx12. Just to give those that missed out a second chance to purchase this at MSRP.

There many chances to grab one when it came out. My first was on Ebay for $245 as soon as it hit the US, then fairly late in the game I POed from BBTS when they were around that price. Got another one. I was way way late in the game getting him, the key is you have to keep looking and be prepared to buy when the chance arises.
To those who missed him and are new to this hobby- I think you better pay the $340 or whatever now because in a few months $500-550 is going to be the price. Remember DX02?
I really doubt HT will redo this anytime in the forseeable future. They have a packed schedule enough for the next couple years. Chance for a DX 2.0 or 3.0 does exist, just won't be anytime soon as I see it.

Got my asmus suit today, so I rushed a quick photo shoot even though the suns hiding today. Like many others I've used a TTM21 body, with a sanded down neck joint. Feels like a £23 suit, and the shoes suck, but it looks really good for a budget suit.

I may steal your battarang in the pocket idea. :) the true type hands look so huge! i switched mine out for DX04 grabbing hands and it looks a little better.

and i swapped out the shoes for brown strudier ones i got from another crappy suit

I thought the same. I wasn't in a rush to get this since I had the previous ones and had issues with the DX12. Then it came out and literally seemed to sell out overnight and immediately shot up in price $100. I don't feel too bad since I do have the other versions, and the only reason I was going to get this new version is to use with the Bat Pod. :rolleyes2

That being said, there does seem to still be a lot of demand for Nolan Bats and I don't think DX12 was produced in enough quantities. And I also think that improvements can be made. Although I have a feeling we'll see the Begins suit again before this version.

I guess you are right. I will jump on the begins suit quick and fast this time. I dint like dx 12 too much and i guess wanted him only for the cool accessories. At least i felt so.
I am hoping for michelle as catwoman...

I literally just ordered DX12 Friday at 300 bucks and the website had lots of them for a bit, I was going to recommend the website to someone else who needed it but I was too late because they were sold out.

I was worried for a bit because I got this with the Bespin suit Luke Skywalker and thought they ran out and left me out of luck, I emailed them and the helper was nice and assured me they had him, and yesterday they sent the shipping so we will see.

How do you guys take care of the rubber? I use leather cloth to clean my batman DX09 and to preserve also, but after reading nightmare stories in regards to the rubber in the nolan batman's I am a bit worried...

I literally just ordered DX12 Friday at 300 bucks and the website had lots of them for a bit, I was going to recommend the website to someone else who needed it but I was too late because they were sold out.

I was worried for a bit because I got this with the Bespin suit Luke Skywalker and thought they ran out and left me out of luck, I emailed them and the helper was nice and assured me they had him, and yesterday they sent the shipping so we will see.

How do you guys take care of the rubber? I use leather cloth to clean my batman DX09 and to preserve also, but after reading nightmare stories in regards to the rubber in the nolan batman's I am a bit worried...

This is a fabric undersuit with plastic armor on top, the only rubber to worry about is on the legs, shouldn't be much of an issue unless put in extreme poses.

There many chances to grab one when it came out. My first was on Ebay for $245 as soon as it hit the US, then fairly late in the game I POed from BBTS when they were around that price. Got another one. I was way way late in the game getting him, the key is you have to keep looking and be prepared to buy when the chance arises.
To those who missed him and are new to this hobby- I think you better pay the $340 or whatever now because in a few months $500-550 is going to be the price. Remember DX02?
I really doubt HT will redo this anytime in the forseeable future. They have a packed schedule enough for the next couple years. Chance for a DX 2.0 or 3.0 does exist, just won't be anytime soon as I see it.

That's what I did. I happen to have the money at the moment, but wasn't in a huge rush. When I saw that suddenly there were only a few sites left that had it at $340ish, and most of the rest were at around $400 or more, I felt I had to jump.

That's what I did. I happen to have the money at the moment, but wasn't in a huge rush. When I saw that suddenly there were only a few sites left that had it at $340ish, and most of the rest were at around $400 or more, I felt I had to jump.

Smart move- I think you will enjoy the figure even at that price!:wave

If somebody likes to make the Sticky Bomb Gun more accurate, here comes the chance: :wink1:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127427

(...)
sbgi003.jpg

(...)

Does the new bodysuit let the dx12 sit better on the batpod then the previous version? ...

Silicone spray would probably go a long way to protecting most rubber. You can use the food-grde propellant-based stuff or waterborne in a pump bottle from a dive shop (aka Amazon). I use it on a lot of toys - and snorkel gear. ;)

Anybody figure out a simple mod to make the belt sit lower so it looks more natural? I've been thinking of removing the fat suit but I don't want to ruin the figure and spend $350 on a new one.

Tie a piece of string or wire at the back to hold both ends together so it's not as tight?

I'm new to Hot Toys. So far I have a Luke Skywalker DX, an order for Iron Man Mark VII and a laybuy on the Joker DX 2.0.

I jumped on the waitlist last night for this figure. Do you guys think there is any hope of a conversion at this late stage or should I be looking at the secondary market?

Are there any whispers of a later new Hot Toys TDK figure?

Thanks for any advice.

FINALLY got this buitiful bastard, he really is just.....:thud:

Not really seeing any need for mods atm either so that's good.

Here are some crappy ipod pics:

BLmM3IzCAAE7Xtl.jpg:large

BLmNLzJCQAIJT5F.jpg:large

BLmURybCUAEDQ8I.jpg:large

One question though, the secondary belt without out all the clips etc, it CAN open, right? Because I don't see any way of opening it, and it seems glued.

Back