1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the Steve rogers HS. The head itself is great, best likeness so far. I like it a lot. However, honestly it is REALLY big for golden age, I can't lie to myself, it does not fit golden age...
I spent 2 nights made my mod, cut the head and fit it into the GA helmet, check the photos, I think it's pretty good. Since the head is in a GA helmet(A custom copy of the original), the helmet makes the size correct, it's the same size as GA head.
I think it is better than the original GA and TFA head (I just don't get any Chris Evans from these 2 sculpts...)
View attachment 156625
View attachment 156626
View attachment 156627
View attachment 156628
View attachment 156629
View attachment 156630

The face looks too elongated with the GA helmet.

As mediocre as the stock GA HS is I havent seen any attempt at a fix look better than stock.

I don't understand what this elongated thing is... I have the new Steve Rogers head on my golden age body, and it looks great.
The neck needed shaved a little, but I don't see it being too long in the face.

And to the comments about not seeing Evans in the head sculpt... Or it being Ben affleck.
That's just ridiculous. It looks just like the guy.

I don't understand what this elongated thing is... I have the new Steve Rogers head on my golden age body, and it looks great.

And to the comments about not seeing Evans in the head sculpt... Or it being Ben affleck.

The Evans only head on GA is fine.
We're talking about the Evans headsculpt modded to fit inside an empty helmet mod.
The jawline is too pronounced inside the helmet.
Looks like Capfleck.

Yeah, I have the Rogers HS as well and it looks nearly perfect. I think everyone's eyes must warp the image of thing slightly. I can't think of any other reason for why folks see these figures so differently. LOL

Well... to myself, I also agree it somehow looks like Ben Affeck...
....I should fit it into a batman helmet, making a batman for Superman V Batman....:cuckoo:
The jaw part is a bit wide, I didn't cut the jaw to fit the belt. I think I should have cut into the scuplt, trim the jaw.

....I should fit it into a batman helmet, making a batman for Superman V Batman....:cuckoo:
The jaw part is a bit wide, I didn't cut the jaw to fit the belt. I think I should have cut into the scuplt, trim the jaw.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but all the talk about the jaw makes me think that's probably what looked a bit off to me. Still, I think it's really impressive you did this! I remember some people talked about wanting something similar when the figure first came out, and it's cool that you did it. Will you be going back to trim the jawline, or are you leaving it as is?

Working around the jaw area I think can make a big difference.
Evans doesn't have a square jaw, so the big jawline is throwing it off.

Can't find a good pic of him wearing the ga helmet, but here's the stealth suit which should give you a better idea of how the jaw area should look.

c67fa2d3dac9c7fcc4cb5de6eb8c8fc5_zps68bb9251.jpg

I'm still working on it, tried trim a bit jaw, repositioning the belt slightly. It's slightly better now, but still can't get a spot on looking. I will post some pics maybe tomorrow.
I now accept it's not a great mod, but not too bad. Personally I think maybe it's not an improvement, but it's not worse than stock. I don't see any Chris Evans from stock head.

Trimmed a bit jaw, cut much more than I thought I would. Cut any further he will lose the face.
20150107_195648_resize.jpg

Either one doesn't look like Chris Evans, mod is not worse~:cuckoo:
20150107_201322_resize.jpg

I think at some angle he is not bad.
20150107_202811_resize.jpg

Is there a trick to getting the shield clip work with the shield? I don't want to use a paperclip
like some have suggested, as I have the actual clip for it.

I imagine there is a set way that Hot Toys figured out how to make it work perfectly...
I am just not seeing it, lol.

Is there a trick to getting the shield clip work with the shield? I don't want to use a paperclip

I imagine there is a set way that Hot Toys figured out how to make it work perfectly...

It should work, did you see there is a piece of instruction paper in plastic bag in the package? Follow that.

that's how I feel. the black & white instructions weren't really clear enough for me :/

I'm in Australia, this figure was never released here. Sideshow doesn't post it to here either. Only place I can possiblely get it is from ebay.

Back