1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a neck post. It's a small plug that sticks into the hole at the base of the neck. It has a socket for the ball that's at the end of the post that comes up from inside the chest. The other option is to just fill in the space with tissue. Here's what the neck post looks like.

Neck Post.jpg
Could anyone give me advice on changing the head?
Ive got the sculpt from the double pack, removed the stock head and neck, but when putting the new head on the chest post, the head sits far too low.

Can the post on the body be changed or?

Any place where we can get those neck posts? I have a feeling I might be needing one, although I think I still have some unused truetypes lying around.

You need a neck post. It's a small plug that sticks into the hole at the base of the neck. It has a socket for the ball that's at the end of the post that comes up from inside the chest. The other option is to just fill in the space with tissue. Here's what the neck post looks like.

View attachment 155696

u have helped me as well. im waiting on a unmasked rogers head & I was unaware I needed this. just snagged one of ebay now

thank u!

dw 316, they're on ebay for around $6-$12. I just searched for "hot toys captain America neck post" & several came up :)

It's awesome isn't it?

Tell everyone that it doesn't look nearly as big in person. Everyone keeps saying it looks too big, but it looks amazing.

Yep it does look bigger on cam, and it is bigger... but that's coz the stock sculpt was too small in my opinion!

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Yep it does look bigger on cam, and it is bigger... but that's coz the stock sculpt was too small in my opinion!

Yep. The stock head has a pinhead effect. The Rogers head looks more proportionate, but in no way too big. It's currently my favorite figure.

I just picked up the holster, gun and leather shoulder strap with pouches from the Hot Toys First Avenger figure, on eBay. Since I like the Winter Solder Golden Age suit better than the one in The First Avenger, I'm turning that one into my definitive Golden Age Cap.

I'll post pics of him when I get him all put together.

0128cc8069df7db863a9fe4735e10ff5.jpg

b63c1eb5560edb6cc83aba53f7de3124.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

IDK, stock HS was a questionable sculpt but looked pretty proportionate. The new Rogers HS just looks really elongated on the GA Cap. It may look better in person but every picture I've seen so far the figure looks off.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Yep. The stock head has a pinhead effect. The Rogers head looks more proportionate, but in no way too big. It's currently my favorite figure.

I just picked up the holster, gun and leather shoulder strap with pouches from the Hot Toys First Avenger figure, on eBay. Since I like the Winter Solder Golden Age suit better than the one in The First Avenger, I'm turning that one into my definitive Golden Age Cap.

I'll post pics of him when I get him all put together.

0128cc8069df7db863a9fe4735e10ff5.jpg

b63c1eb5560edb6cc83aba53f7de3124.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I did the same thing when i first got my GA cap, I have some pics of it with the rogers head from the avengers cap in my profile... I like the FA cap suit but I always thought it looked too small/short.

As long as it's not dead-on front, you can get some decent angles of the sculpt that don't look horrible.

0e0a235ea00000beeb3032309d6a1fb6.jpg

6e835614d8dba39ca8e5809002f0cf6b.jpg

Just got the Steve rogers HS. The head itself is great, best likeness so far. I like it a lot. However, honestly it is REALLY big for golden age, I can't lie to myself, it does not fit golden age...
I spent 2 nights made my mod, cut the head and fit it into the GA helmet, check the photos, I think it's pretty good. Since the head is in a GA helmet(A custom copy of the original), the helmet makes the size correct, it's the same size as GA head.
I think it is better than the original GA and TFA head (I just don't get any Chris Evans from these 2 sculpts...)
20150106_214353_resize.jpg
20150106_214402_resize.jpg
20150106_214408_resize.jpg
20150106_214708_resize.jpg
20150106_214252_resize.jpg
20150106_215144_resize.jpg

Back