1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Barry, any tips or tutorial on how to semi-gloss a cap shield? I have one of the recast ones coming and would like to learn how to do it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Actually, i have never done that on any of my shields...
I am slacking in that regard.
But there are loads of people who have tried it. Perhaps they can chime in.

Nick, just watched this and Loki and you're my favorite new reviewer. You have a very natural, conversational and no-nonsense style. Nice camera work, audio and non-distracting background as well. Keep on reviewing!

Hey guys does anyone have any tips on semi-glossing a cap shield? Or tutorial to help? I am a noob at customizing stuff so would appreciate the help!

I've done it. I used tamiya ts79 I think. It's their semi gloss clear spray. Two or three really light costs from about 10-12 inches away. Let it dry to touch between coats. It'll turn out perfectly this way.

Thanks! I will try it. So tamiya semi-gloss spray it is!

One thing i will say is to warm the shield up first. I use a hairdryer to warm items i am going to paint. Then spray, and then give it a light gong over with the hair dryer from about a foot away after you have sprayed, gently back and forth, for thirty seconds. And it will be ready for another coat in less than five minutes as long as the first coat wasn't too thick.

One thing i will say is to warm the shield up first. I use a hairdryer to warm items i am going to paint. Then spray, and then give it a light gong over with the hair dryer from about a foot away after you have sprayed, gently back and forth, for thirty seconds. And it will be ready for another coat in less than five minutes as long as the first coat wasn't too thick.

Thanks for the tip!

Did a little experiment at work today. I had to pop in to do some other things and when i was finished i did some dremelling. I took one of the empty GA helmets i bought from Kit Chen and a bootleg Rescue Sculpt i bought on Ebay a while back. I dremelled the head till it would fit in the mask just to see if a neutral sculpt would look better in there.
I think it does, even though it's a bootleg rescue sculpt(So it's not the best likeness, i know).
Oh, and i don't have my GA Cap yet, so i took pics on TFA version.

00BF11A5-4604-473E-8FF6-E3DE470ABADB.jpg

506D02A7-C77D-4658-A5B9-E9614D5C9716.jpg

56C79506-08B5-434B-89A0-FC30B74A94AC.jpg

E21B86F0-76B3-4B8D-A82B-3679E4A7DF02.jpg

E67FA5E6-F40E-4FE9-AAF6-85D890ACF0F6.jpg

2A9AA90C-408B-49AB-A4C7-FB0FA0D59244.jpg

Back