1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
036.jpg

???

Why do you have the shipping plastic on your figs?

At least we know how Charlie Sheen would've looked in the Captain America outfit. :lol What method did you use to remove the shoulder pads? Looks great!

Well I don't think it looks like him but it doesnt look like Evans, just a generic Captain America or the comic version :lol Which works I guess

anyone else got a damaged shield from onesixthkit? dont know what to do now.

the thing where you put through the arms has gone off on one side.

Ended up getting one for $265 shipped, so I am happy with that.
My waitlist reservation did not seem like it was going to convert for this one.
I love the costume (will love it more once the shoulder pads are removed), and the metal shield is frickin' awesome!

Still really dislike the headsculpt. Will probably grab an extra stealth headsculpt when it is released to put on this guy.
Not screen accurate... but will do. ;)

Also got an extra metal shield from Hong Kong to give to my Avengers Cap, too...
was not too keen on the knock-off version.

I have the shield dilemma as well. But im going to give Avengers Cap the battle damaged shield, give GA Cap his shiny shield and give Steve Rogers GA Caps shield until I find an extra GA shield (if ever). I like my Avengers Cap with the clean shield so ill actively look for a GA shield fir a price I want to pay.

I just got the knockoff this week and I'm actually impressed with it. It just needs a couple clear coats and it'll look great. I normally only want official items as well but this is one instance where you'd have a hard time telling them apart.

The straps on the back are pretty cheap but I'm making custom leather straps to replace them. Also going to weather/battle damage it to replicate the scene when the Winter Soldier and Rogers are fighting after the bridge.

I wish I would have ordered a few more so I could weather them all at different stages of damage.

I just got the knockoff this week and I'm actually impressed with it. It just needs a couple clear coats and it'll look great. I normally only want official items as well but this is one instance where you'd have a hard time telling them apart.

The straps on the back are pretty cheap but I'm making custom leather straps to replace them. Also going to weather/battle damage it to replicate the scene when the Winter Soldier and Rogers are fighting after the bridge.

I wish I would have ordered a few more so I could weather them all at different stages of damage.

They will be getting more in stock shortly.
Did you get the leather already for the straps?
I'd like to see pics when you get it done.

Thanks Barry. I emailed Kit to see if they can alert me when more come in.

I do have the leather already. I picked it up at Michael's, which is an arts and crafts store here in the states. It's thin enough and finished on both sides so it should do well for the straps. I'm on the hunt for tiny buckles, rivets and rivet gun to make little accents on the straps.

This is my weekend project so hopefully I'll have something to share Sunday morning. If this turns out well, I may make up a half dozen or so, all with different levels of battle damage. That would make a cool little shadow box display, methinks.

Thanks Barry. I emailed Kit to see if they can alert me when more come in.

I do have the leather already. I picked it up at Michael's, which is an arts and crafts store here in the states. It's thin enough and finished on both sides so it should do well for the straps. I'm on the hunt for tiny buckles, rivets and rivet gun to make little accents on the straps.

This is my weekend project so hopefully I'll have something to share Sunday morning. If this turns out well, I may make up a half dozen or so, all with different levels of battle damage. That would make a cool little shadow box display, methinks.

Sounds great!
You can use styrene to make buckles for that leatherette material.
I have been using it recently to make holsters and straps for figures, and i reckon it looks great. Post pics when you get done.

Hey Barry, any tips or tutorial on how to semi-gloss a cap shield? I have one of the recast ones coming and would like to learn how to do it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Back