1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright how do you attach the shield to his back? Says on the instructions to put both layers of the one strap in the clip. But it won't go, it's a tight squeeze. Shouldn't be this difficult. I want to be able to take it off and attach it back on quickly. Sure I can attach one layer of the strap but the shield then just hangs and swings around, has more strap slack.

maybe put the clip on to the shield first then attach it to the figure.

maybe put the clip on to the shield first then attach it to the figure.

Thanks, tried that, still no go. Even if it does attach, it takes a heck of a long time just to attach it. I mean when Cap in the film hooks it to his back, doesn't take 5 minutes.

Just the padding. His shoulder's are actually a little wider in real life; the camera makes him look a little less muscular for some reason.

So is the padding on the body just inserts? I had the head off and looked roughly in the neck and it seemed like it was all uniform....

So is the padding on the body just inserts? I had the head off and looked roughly in the neck and it seemed like it was all uniform....

The shoulder padding is underneath the suit and attached to the arms and shoulders with sticky tack. Just pull the foam pieces right off and the suit will look less puffy and more natural. You'll have to cut the threads that attach the upper torso of the suit to the mesh waist garment though.

Has anyone tried removing the padding through the neck hole after removing the neck? Padding is close by and maybe can be grabbed with tweezers?

Has anyone tried removing the padding through the neck hole after removing the neck? Padding is close by and maybe can be grabbed with tweezers?

That was my first attempt. I pulled out a small piece of white material and I'm glad I stopped. The pads people will want to remove are black and way down on the shoulders.

I'm not saying it can't be done that way, but considering you've never seen under the shirt you won't know what you have in the tweezers. You could screw up the shirt in a hurry.

That was my first attempt. I pulled out a small piece of white material and I'm glad I stopped. The pads people will want to remove are black and way down on the shoulders.

I'm not saying it can't be done that way, but considering you've never seen under the shirt you won't know what you have in the tweezers. You could screw up the shirt in a hurry.

Thanks for the reply Kamandi.
I usually mod my figures if it starts to bother me, but I'm ok with the shoulder since mine is on a dynamic pose.
But if it was just that simple as removing the neck, then, I would be tempted to do so.

before I try to take him apart...I waterboarded him earlier tonight...looked good wet...see how he is in the morning after he dries...

Back