1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few quick shots

Left is Semi Glossed Hot Toys Avengers shield and the other two are the custom metal.
20140808_174730_zps7e49f69c.jpg

20140808_174807_zps5c445b52.jpg

20140808_174759_zps2504153d.jpg

They look like the how Hot Toys shields did out of the box far too reflective so I will be semi glossing one at a later date to see how it turns out. For a custom job they are very good, certainly beats paying the insane prices for the current Hot Toys metal shield.

Will post some shots once I have semi glossed it, can't atm it's far too wet and humid where I am.

There are a couple of tiny imperfections but nothing to scream home about and I can live with them.

Yeah same here. Cool! I love how these movies interconnect. So awesome

Just a few quick shots

Left is Semi Glossed Hot Toys Avengers shield and the other two are the custom metal.

They look like the how Hot Toys shields did out of the box far too reflective so I will be semi glossing one at a later date to see how it turns out. For a custom job they are very good, certainly beats paying the insane prices for the current Hot Toys metal shield.

Will post some shots once I have semi glossed it, can't atm it's far too wet and humid where I am.

There are a couple of tiny imperfections but nothing to scream home about and I can live with them.

Looks great.
Thanks for posting the pics. How often do you look at the back of the shield?

Wow, that looks better than I thought it would. Mine is out for delivery so I guess I better pick up some semi-gloss clear coat.

Did you spray the back side as well?

No I left the underside alone as you would rarely see it.

Start off with a light coat and add another later to get the above look.

Just be sure to give the shield a good clean first to remove any dirt.

I bought that custom 1/6 acrylic Captain America display stand that looks like his shield. It's pretty cool and clean. Worst part is that it doesn't come with screws or nuts. Luckily I had some on hand. It's easy to put together. Shipping to US only took 6 days!

I bought that custom 1/6 acrylic Captain America display stand that looks like his shield. It's pretty cool and clean. Worst part is that it doesn't come with screws or nuts. Luckily I had some on hand. It's easy to put together. Shipping to US only took 6 days!

Pics? Haven't seen this yet.

I also ordered a shield for my Golden Age Captain, unfortunately my waitlist never converted.

will be hard to find a good position for it without a figure.

but at least i have a shield. thats better than nothing i guess :)

If the HS was just as good as the Stealth STRIKE version, this would be THE Captain America figure to own. Maybe a touch of DX. But I guess Hot Toys made a bad sculpt on purpose because they know there are more Cap figures to be made.

That's really nice. Do you have a URL or a source for that? Thanks!

Alright how do you attach the shield to his back? Says on the instructions to put both layers of the one strap in the clip. But it won't go, it's a tight squeeze. Shouldn't be this difficult. I want to be able to take it off and attach it back on quickly. Sure I can attach one layer of the strap but the shield then just hangs and swings around, has more strap slack.

Back