Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are acting like this is a rough prototype, other than to make themselves feel better as they hope for the Episode II Padme figure of their dreams, it looks like a finished figure to me and I highly doubt there's any significant change by the final product. The only figure I know of in recent times to go through a significant tweak from con display to sold product is Palpatine's head.

And not to forget Endgame Cap ;-)

No, I don't feel like it's finished, and I'm looking at the likeness, the neck joint and the cape.

Let's say, I don't want to believe that this is the final quality of an high end figure.
I want to believe that it's an unfinished prototype in some bad quality smartphone shots under bad lights...

Likeness is there... clearly the figure needs a bit of refinement before it'll be done. I wouldn't be surprised to see an arena version, or if people are lucky the figure will come with extra parts for both options.

You’re forgetting the TLJ Luke which was displayed at the con with TFA Luke head. At the end of the day this is all speculative and it is HT we’re talking about. Could change drastically, could stay the same.
In one pic I saw of this Padme I thought it looked fairly decent.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing for that TLJ Luke, that figure was changed drastically from worse prototype to great final release.

Hot Toys has never really been good at capturing women's faces. They are always way too soft and while they are somewhat close - I personally don't believe they have ever knocked it out the park.

I thought both Leias were well sculpted and proportioned properly. The Erso sculpt missed the mark a bit but the worst thing about it to me was that it was a little oversized and it took away from the realism. Padme Proto suffers from the same problem.

I could forgive the unsightly neck joint but wtf is up with the ill fitting pants? Her pants should be skin tight, shouldn't have much give to them, these are baggy. Idk, unless that is fixed and they this comes with a 2nd top that is ripped up from the arena fight, this'll be an easy pass.

I could forgive the unsightly neck joint but wtf is up with the ill fitting pants? Her pants should be skin tight, shouldn't have much give to them, these are baggy. Idk, unless that is fixed and they this comes with a 2nd top that is ripped up from the arena fight, this'll be an easy pass.

It definitely needs to be sexier. The baggy pants and chest area are the very opposite of that. Maybe a Phicen body would fill it better? Would Disney allow it to be any sexier than it already is?

It definitely needs to be sexier. The baggy pants and chest area are the very opposite of that. Maybe a Phicen body would fill it better? Would Disney allow it to be any sexier than it already is?

I mean yea, it should be sexier but that isn't my exact gripe. I am not a 100% stickler for accuracy but the ill fitting tailored soft goods does not do the costume or character justice. This looks kinda like a cosplayer, or Natalie Portmans first fitting for this costume. I think Disney would be the reason we don't get the ab revealing ripped arena shirt, that's a bummer for sure.

I mean yea, it should be sexier but that isn't my exact gripe. I am not a 100% stickler for accuracy but the ill fitting tailored soft goods does not do the costume or character justice. This looks kinda like a cosplayer, or Natalie Portmans first fitting for this costume. I think Disney would be the reason we don't get the ab revealing ripped arena shirt, that's a bummer for sure.

The good thing though is it's a very easy fix for Hot Toys, the neck joint not so much.

I prefer this over BD. On the other hand, considering HT produced Black Widow with tight pants, then they could do the same with Padme.

Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Normal version:

nps.bmp

SDCC Exclusive available 12 months later:

8143bc5233c64094e38d9cbad3b0da35.jpg

That sash/ Shaw/ scarf was annoying IMO made her look like she had no neck

Disappointed that HT didn’t make her BD yet :lecture

That face has a real "sour-puss" quality to it.

She also looks quite tall for Natalie, judging by head size relative to body proportions.

I think another reason this doesn't look so great is, most all the other figures in the display around this look FAR better, Dooku, Yoda, Clone Troopers, Jango, they all look really solid and Padme looks like there are some issues to address. Tighten it up a bit and it could be quite good.

Its the neck seam sure. It doesnt help that hot toys rarely updates female bodies. If you had this on a phicen/tb league body it would fill out the body suit better, but then be too busty (even the small bust is probably too big). But i have to admit I'm underwhelmed by this prototype head, its very subpar and yes, i know its just a prototype.

I never go by convention display lighting . I’m sure in hand it is just as good as Anakin

It's still pending licensor approval so does that mean Portman has to sign off on it still?

I don't think Portman necessarily gets a say. I think it's more Lucasfilm that needs to sign off on it. Didn't Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher or someone once say that when you sign on to do Star Wars you pretty much sign your likeness away for them to do whatever with? I'm sure the actors get some kind of royalty but I'm not sure they're the ones actually signing off on the product here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back