Hot Toys - MMS 88 - Planet of the Apes - 12 inches Gorilla Soldier spec + hi res pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not for a couple of weeks. Dusty said there would be no ordering in the newsletters dropping on Christmas Day or New Year's Day although she could have just been referring to the reveal....

How many threads, I don't like jumping all over the place, not at all!!!!

We need a forum for all these discussions, what's going on?

I never have bought any Hot Toys figures. I see that the Hot ToysSoldier and Captain have changeable hands. Are the post the hands fit on easy to break and are the heads easy to pull off? Sideshows see a little hard to pull off tp me.

The heads of Hot Toys figures are very easy to pull of, you just give a firm tug and they pop right off. Some people complain about the hand joints breaking, but I've never had one break (I have well over 30 Hot Toys figures at last count, so I have a lot of experience with the hands). I make sure I pull the hands straight off, without twisting the joints back and forth and they pop off fine (much easier than trying to pry off a Sideshow hand).

Huh? How do you figure that?

The cheaper prices on the POTA and Billy from Predator figures. They have still upped the quality, yet kept a relatively lower price for these figures than usual. Do you expect to get anything like this from any other company or even in this price range. In fact, they'll probably be cheaper through some of the US vendors.

I have a feeling we won't see those either and to be honest, I'd rather have those than the Gorillas.

Yeah, i have the same feeling... HT was flirting with the license, but kind of feels like one they'll abandon early.

It's hard to predict what Hot Toys is likely to do anytime. I'd say they have these so cheap because it's a borrowed licence, because let's face it, none of their figures have been this cheap in ages.

More to the point, they have been frying bigger fish, like figures from more recently released films. This is one they can come back to, or maybe they are allowing more time to have pre-orders build up to a point here they can make one complete run.

So no, I have nothing to tell as far as when they are likely to be released. The last thing I knew was that they were supposed to come out around February or later. So where are they? Hot Toys are becoming rather messy. They used to put up a proto pic, call a release date and only ever be a month or so late, "delay due to their professionalism to guarantee the quality" type of reason. These days they put up a pic they take it down they change the proto to a revised proto pic, their release schedules are blown out, in this case by six months or more, as well as having to wait 12 months for any sign of movement. Sorry, I got carried away. When are these damn dirty humans releasing the apes? Which reminds me I still have to order General Ursus. Had to pre-order the so called limited release Captain first, which is still readily available for pre-order, it's so limited. Limited to what? Oops, got carried away again. Sorry.

Dang. Well, I definitely hope they continue with it. This is one line I was really wanting to get into, especially since HT can really do it some justice with the "real" fur concept.

Not sure why they're a bit cheaper than other HT figs but I was planning on getting most everything they make in the POTA line because of it.

If you're reading this Hot Toys then please continue the POTA line! I want a whole shelf of Apes!

I have a feeling we may not see many more either and this was a borrowed license b/c SSC needs HT to figure out how to engineer and make a real fur Wookie look good b/c they (SSC) don't have the resources to pull it off.

It's hard to predict what Hot Toys is likely to do anytime. I'd say they have these so cheap because it's a borrowed licence, because let's face it, none of their figures have been this cheap in ages.

Not entirely true. Their recent Terminator T-700 figure can be had for as low as $115 and Billy Sole (from Predator) is available for $125 or less, which is equal to the price of the Ape figures. Samueljd's post at the top of this page (a post from January no less, and quotes you in it) mentions it. I guess you've already forgotten.

More to the point, these Ape figures are still on track for release, right? It's still Q2 '09. I wouldn't be surprised if these started shipping soon.

Back