1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

glad I never got the first version. This one has everything the first should've come with and more.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

I blame Kenner. They started it with Jedi Luke and Endor Luke.... ;-)

I still wanna see this guy on a speeder bike.

Still no saber holding gloved hand if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, glad to see that Endor Luke, teased for 18 months, getting a release.

Obviously I agree they should have included everything in one Deluxe set up front, but looking at the existing figures I still think the original is the best, what with the cloak and the eyes looking forward. So I'm not feeling like I wasted my money on it.

And I always assumed I would need a separate Luke for the Endor look anyway, since it would just be way too many looks for one Deluxe figure, as they're each so iconic.

I don't feel like I wasted money, but just as many said I would've bought this version. I don't really have the space to display 2 Jedi Lukes right now and would've preferred all of the options in one box. If the first release was a DX with 2 bodies, then so be it, but this is what we got. I'll have to decide if I want to sell the first and recoup some money or just get both and have one sit in a box.

The extra gloved hands are the only thing i'd like to pick up from this version....the rest i can take or leave...and that windswept hair sculpt looks awful..

I was hoping for windswept hair, but I bought the Inigo sculpt already. I think the hair on that one looks better. This hair is like mildly wind blown and not as much as that shot. I don't get their promo images either, the closest to recreating that shot they didn't even use the new head sculpt

Hot-Toys-MMS517-Return-of-the-Jedi-Luke-Skywalker-Deluxe-006.jpg.

So many people seem mad yet I keep reading about them "picking up two" anyway.... here's a way to get two different figures all ready to go.

Plus they showed this figure a year and a half ago... no shock here.

Anyway, faces look silly. Hair ain't great.

Like the damaged hand and extra black gloves and that's really about it.

Still no saber holding gloved hand if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, glad to see that Endor Luke, teased for 18 months, getting a release.

Nope, open hand, fist and pistol grip which could be used as a saber grip in a pinch, both regular and deluxe.

PD1544156159z0h.jpg

PD15441689907WK.jpg

Something to note for those thinking this figure will include the saber hilt used in the film and not the hero saber like the first Jedi Luke, it's not shown in any of the accessory pics, it could be an error and someone grabbed it from the Emperor figure and put it in the photo.

Not sure why people are shocked. We saw this on display a long while ago. And honestly, people were going to complain no matter what.

Either "It doesn't come with anything, barebones ******** HT double dipping for just a poncho and a different HS!" or "Look at everything it comes with, what a slap in the face!!!"

Like, I get not being stoked that you can't get everything with a single release - but we've known about that since the Endor version was shown at Comic-Con.
Also, to the people saying the face sculpts look terrible on this as opposed to the original figure... you do know one of these sculpts is literally the same as the initial release with different eye paint, right? lol. I'd pick this up if HT made a Speederbike, or if I could find an SS one for a reasonable price.

Yeah, Hot toys hair sculpt looks weird.

OtgKZYF.jpg

The HT gritted teeth sculpt just looks weird in general.

Nope, open hand, fist and pistol grip which could be used as a saber grip in a pinch, both regular and deluxe.

PD1544156159z0h.jpg

PD15441689907WK.jpg

Something to note for those thinking this figure will include the saber hilt used in the film and not the hero saber like the first Jedi Luke, it's not shown in any of the accessory pics, it could be an error and someone grabbed it from the Emperor figure and put it in the photo.

The hilt the emperor figure came with was the Hero version, not the V2 that was mostly used in the film.

OtgKZYF.jpg

Yea Luke Skywalker has a natural receded hair line look. I feel like hot toys try’s to beautify their figures instead of making them 100 percent accurate. Bit of a shame because they are above taking liberties on character design, atleast that’s what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that he comes with a blaster holding hand, but still no saber gripping hand. I guess that makes sense, since he used a blaster WAY more. :lol

As was mentioned though, a blaster holding hand is an adequate substitute for a saber hand in a pinch.

Not sure why people are shocked. We saw this on display a long while ago. And honestly, people were going to complain no matter what.

Either "It doesn't come with anything, barebones ******** HT double dipping for just a poncho and a different HS!" or "Look at everything it comes with, what a slap in the face!!!"

Like, I get not being stoked that you can't get everything with a single release - but we've known about that since the Endor version was shown at Comic-Con.
Also, to the people saying the face sculpts look terrible on this as opposed to the original figure... you do know one of these sculpts is literally the same as the initial release with different eye paint, right? lol. I'd pick this up if HT made a Speederbike, or if I could find an SS one for a reasonable price.

I wouldn't be mad if the Endor regular version had the windswept hair, but it doesn't. If you wanted that hair you need the deluxe, I really don't care about the deleted scene crap. It would make sense if there was a version that had all the parts you're missing and not the ones you already have. The Deluxe here is 95% of the package. You can buy the cloak on eBay for $20 or less looking at sold auctions.

Interesting that he comes with a blaster holding hand, but still no saber gripping hand. I guess that makes sense, since he used a blaster WAY more. :lol

As was mentioned though, a blaster holding hand is an adequate substitute for a saber hand in a pinch.

Especially when the only time he held a blaster in the entire movie was in Jabba's palace before he even had a glove on his hand.

Especially when the only time he held a blaster in the entire movie was in Jabba's palace before he even had a glove on his hand.

lol why can't HT just ASK people who know these things?

I wouldn't be mad if the Endor regular version had the windswept hair, but it doesn't. If you wanted that hair you need the deluxe, I really don't care about the deleted scene crap. It would make sense if there was a version that had all the parts you're missing and not the ones you already have. The Deluxe here is 95% of the package. You can buy the cloak on eBay for $20 or less looking at sold auctions.

Yeah, thats going to end quickly now......

Those cloaks will be 50-80 soon.....market demand since this figure is missing it.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

OtgKZYF.jpg
Yeah, the Hot Toys sculpt should have more of a blown out wave to it like the custom one has. It sort of just looks like he has his hair parted on the Hot Toys sculpt.

Excited the Deluxe has the V2 lightsaber...finally! Would have been nice if it was included prior to this release but I’ll be happy to finally have it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the pistol grip will have to do. As a few already mentioned, weird choice as Luke did not hold any pistol in ROTJ after he added a glove to his outfit.

Back