1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

I would feel better about this release if I knew that Endor Leia was coming soon as well. :pray:

Soon... with a standard version and ultra exclusive version six months following. Ha!

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Once we got a $267 anakin dark side exclusive as a whole new figure, all bets are off. Ht is going to bend us over repeatedly. This is no surprise.
The fat suit or lack of is what screws me. I may have to get a second body to replace my Death Star luke body of this one is proportional.
Too bad no sign of Endor leia or a scout.

I agree. I mean, if they’re going to release a whole new figure for the eyes repainted, well then we surely are doomed.

Ironic...

While I do understand this is controversial, this is NOT an expanded version of MMS429 (as it's lacking the stuff to reproduce the Jabba Palace Luke), it's an expanded release of MMS516, announced the same day.
For HT it should be enough to not include the white inner collar to completely exclude both MMS429 looks. :dunno

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

I definitely would have preferred that this have originally been a more complete deluxe figure, or maybe even a two-pack, but I'm still probably going to get this.

But nobody is getting screwed over. Let's adjust the levels of hyperbole here.

Last edited:

I am doubtful that they have re-tailored the black suit. Wouldn't be worth the expense. Effectively all that is missing of note is the robe. But you get a whole lot more than that here. The inclusion of the v1 headsculpt (albeit looking slightly off centre) is probably the point where it crosses into controversial.

If you can source a jedi robe elsewhere, this gives you the full luke package. So, would have seemed better for the loyal hot toys fanbase to have been offered this figure with the robe at the time of the original figure release.

If Hot Toys named this "Endor Luke" and include the other stuff as "bonus accessories", there might be less angry people.

I definitely would have preferred that this have been originally been a more complete deluxe figure, or maybe even a two-pack, but I'm still probably going to get this.

But nobody is getting screwed over. Let's adjust the levels of hyperbole here.

Guess it comes down to how you see "screwed over". Nobody has been robbed, but if you are sold something then the supplier produces the same item from under the counter with 50% added stuff and goes "oooh, look what you could have had!". Yes, nobody has technically screwed anyone over, but you could understand the customer feeling slightly miffed.

Just think maybe hot toys should revisit this particular marketing ploy.

Seriously, what kind of an attitude is that to have on a forum thread talking about a 1:6 scale action figure? You nerds who try to push around and insult other nerds always make me laugh.

Yeah, nothing worse than a Nerd Bully. This forum would be dull as hell if no one was allowed to have a difference of opinion. At these prices, people are allowed to speak their mind. Sure, they don't have to buy the figure, but they're entitled to have an opinion. The people who bend over and take everything HT and SS feed them are the ones who should be criticized. Because of them these companies can charge whatever they want with very little blow back.

Worth getting if you want a 12" Damien Thorn.
ae3ecbb08a60056c78dfa37156066263.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, nothing worse than a Nerd Bully. This forum would be dull as hell if no one was allowed to have a difference of opinion. At these prices, people are allowed to speak their mind. Sure, they don't have to buy the figure, but they're entitled to have an opinion. The people who bend over and take everything HT and SS feed them are the ones who should be criticized. Because of them these companies can charge whatever they want with very little blow back.

Totally agree with you! 👍🏻

Imagine how the T-1000 would be released today!!

Once we got a $267 anakin dark side exclusive as a whole new figure, all bets are off. Ht is going to bend us over repeatedly. This is no surprise.
The fat suit or lack of is what screws me. I may have to get a second body to replace my Death Star luke body of this one is proportional.
Too bad no sign of Endor leia or a scout.

If people buy double of the same figure and are will to spend $600 to own both versions why would HT stop. HT HQ is laughing counting their money!!!

If Hot Toys named this "Endor Luke" and include the other stuff as "bonus accessories", there might be less angry people.

I would be fine if it just didn't include both headsculpts or even Jabba's Blaster. Something to make the first release worth it. The cloak and binders are probably cheap enough to buy on the aftermarket now for people that didn't get the first release to have everything.

I wonder how many cancellations Sideshow will get for their version now haha. Those are the real winner, the people who said they wanted a full package and went with Sideshow; now they can order this one. It'd be funny if SS didn't distribute this release.

I might pick one of these up to complement my Jedi Luke. I think it will be cheaper than trying to get the individual parts I want. I think the head sculpts can use some more tweaking but overall I think its a nice set. I love the first Jedi Luke they released and have him displayed with the cloak but I really want to also do a Death Star Battle with Vader scene.

meh. easy pass for me. do not like the sculpts at all and only really want the wind swept hair piece. No need for all the other stuff.

Wow rather unnecessary post, but if being a sarcastic ahole makes your day better, lol, have at it.

I love ROTJ Luke, as he was "my" Luke growing up...so even with purchasing 2 of the original Lukes (one to display with Vader in the throne room duel and one to display with Jedi cape and hood on) I'll still probably grab 2 more of the deluxe (to display as sandstorm and Endor to pair with my Scout) but I can see how this release would bother some folks. That's fair. I did a work around with the Dark Side Ani by having regular Ani get a sith eye repaint, but still felt it was a decently crappy thing to release, as most folks hadn't even gotten their original one yet. So even though I'm a buyer, I don't fault anyone for feeling a bit sore on the deluxe release

Fully agree with this post (only have 1 Luke but was contemplating a second plus buying the Endor). I'll get this one and possibly a second. I understand the frustration but don't necessarily agree with it. Too many people on this forum seem to sway from one extreme to the other. It's refreshing to see a middle of the road post that can see both sides. It's nothing we can control and at the end of the day, buy it or don't, but it's still happening. This release plus the Endor and the original gives everyone the choice of versions at a price they are comfortable with.

I would be fine if it just didn't include both headsculpts or even Jabba's Blaster. Something to make the first release worth it. The cloak and binders are probably cheap enough to buy on the aftermarket now for people that didn't get the first release to have everything.

I wonder how many cancellations Sideshow will get for their version now haha. Those are the real winner, the people who said they wanted a full package and went with Sideshow; now they can order this one. It'd be funny if SS didn't distribute this release.

Obviously I agree they should have included everything in one Deluxe set up front, but looking at the existing figures I still think the original is the best, what with the cloak and the eyes looking forward. So I'm not feeling like I wasted my money on it.

And I always assumed I would need a separate Luke for the Endor look anyway, since it would just be way too many looks for one Deluxe figure, as they're each so iconic.

The extra gloved hands are the only thing i'd like to pick up from this version....the rest i can take or leave...and that windswept hair sculpt looks awful..

Back