1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Well he’s up!
Gotta be honest, after looking at this piece more and more that likeness is rough! I’m really surprised at Hot Toys.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Well he’s up!
Gotta be honest, after looking at this piece more and more that likeness is rough! I’m really surprised at Hot Toys.
It's the exact same sculpt as the original ROTJ release with eyes painted looking to the side.

Ordered my deluxe through Sideshow. Brought it down with some rewards. July-September of next year will be a long wait.

The first one was $230, so $52 for the extra head, hair, and other stuff is a good deal price wise. Still a bit annoyed. I'm going to wait until next Spooktacular and get some more points and then buy it then. If it's anything like the other release they'll make plenty.

Hmmm. Most of the thread is the debate over whether or not HT is screwing collectors over by releasing this after the other one.
For me, the real question is whether these headsculpts are any good at all. These release pics actually make the Sideshow one look even more tempting to me, quite frankly...

Absolutely - total kick in the teeth for those that bought the first version. I am well and truly P’d off with HT for pulling this stunt.
I was only ever really interested in the Deathstar look, but being a collector in the UK I need to either jump on a pre-order as soon as it’s available or risk missing out (or paying even more over the odds than U.K. collectors already do). Given there was no guarantee HT would ever release another Jedi Luke, I had to go with the first version, regretting it now! [emoji2959]

This was my initial reaction too, However looking more closely I don't like the look of this at all.

1). Windswept hair looks terrible with this sculpt.
2). Eyes looking to the side loo worse than the existing straight ahead version
3). Who needs deleted scene clothing & goggles.
4). Teeth sculpt looks terrible.

Even if I didn't have the first one I wouldn't be interested in this.

I do love when it's so easy to pass on a HT release. My wallet is cheering !!

6000 posts. Holy crap !....and still zero feedback whatever that is ! :lol

Think I’ll wait for a couple orders to clear and some rewards points to be applied before pre-ordering. I’ll get the deluxe though. Price doesn’t seem terrible considering the extra sculpt and Endor gear if you ask me.

When I first saw it th8 morning I was like wow. A bit annoyed but like cool. Then I really looked at the head sculpts and I’m not sure. I just want a Luke that looks so like Hamill

And a Death Star gunner and lobot.

Hmmm. Most of the thread is the debate over whether or not HT is screwing collectors over by releasing this after the other one.
For me, the real question is whether these headsculpts are any good at all. These release pics actually make the Sideshow one look even more tempting to me, quite frankly...

It's literally the same sculpt as the original version... the eyes are just painted looking to the side instead lol. Assuming you don't have the first release, because otherwise you must think that's a bad sculpt too.

You also get Luke's Jedi belt with the Deluxe but not with the Endor slim version.

The teeth sculpt makes me think he’s about to spit venom out between his teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Hot toys hair sculpt looks weird.

OtgKZYF.jpg

Great comparison here, you can clearly see the difference. HTs figure looks more like Tom Welling rather than Luke Skywalker in this pic.

No NRD. With their behavior nowadays, you'll be lucky to get it at all. They've been known to cancel orders without notice.
Never had that issue. They take a while, sure. But I've never had them cancel my order in 5 years of buying from them.

Please play nice and be civil towards each other, Freaks.

If you don't like a particular collectible that's fine. Move on to something you do like. Remember constructive criticism is fine and contributes to a good discussion for all.

Thread cleaned.

Never had that issue. They take a while, sure. But I've never had them cancel my order in 5 years of buying from them.

Good and I truly hope you never do, but there are quite a few who have. Supposedly do to high cancellations on certain customers.

No NRD. With their behavior nowadays, you'll be lucky to get it at all. They've been known to cancel orders without notice.

It's now become cheaper or just as cheap to go back to Sideshow even after their expensive shipping since $4 shipping plus NC sales tax actually puts me well above what SS would charge plus I get rewards. BBTS used to be my go to but now it's no longer worth the hassle with sales tax involved.

The Sideshow sculpt has always looked pretty terrible to me, but looking at it again it does seem to work better than that gritted teeth sculpt, at least with the helmet on.

Image-Sideshow-Luke-Deluxe-Sixth-Scale-3~01.jpg

Back