1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Not sure if I want (or really need) this one in my collection, as I had previously thought.

With both options available, I'll wait until either goes on sale and then rethink it then. Endor Leia may push me to get Luke as well.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Lots and Lots of Endor Lukes going to be floating around next Fall.

This was my initial reaction too, However looking more closely I don't like the look of this at all.

1). Windswept hair looks terrible with this sculpt.
2). Eyes looking to the side loo worse than the existing straight ahead version
3). Who needs deleted scene clothing & goggles.
4). Teeth sculpt looks terrible.

Even if I didn't have the first one I wouldn't be interested in this.

I do love when it's so easy to pass on a HT release. My wallet is cheering !!

6000 posts. Holy crap !....and still zero feedback whatever that is ! :lol

Yeah I've never understood the desire for windswept hair. If there's anything they should have done for an alternate style, it was give him the messier hair he actually had in most of the movie.

IMG_20181207_133912.jpg

The Sideshow sculpt has always looked pretty terrible to me, but looking at it again it does seem to work better than that gritted teeth sculpt, at least with the helmet on.

View attachment 435646

Does SS use bulkier wrist pegs than HT? Whenever I see their pics they stick out like a soar thumb. Might just be that HT does a better job of covering it up.

For some reason, the headsculpts looks more like current, old Mark Hamill as opposed to RotJ Hamill.

I mean, it looks like a CGI de-aged version of Hamill today by someone that had no reference material on what he looked like back then, if that makes sense...

Yeah I've never understood the desire for windswept hair. If there's anything they should have done for an alternate style, it was give him the messier hair he actually had in most of the movie.

View attachment 435647

The windswept hair is from one of the most iconic shots in the movie and was on the poster.

Why does it look like he is wearing dentures ala Gary Busey? Those are some big teeth.

Ordered at BBTS.

For some reason, the headsculpts looks more like current, old Mark Hamill as opposed to RotJ Hamill.

I mean, it looks like a CGI de-aged version of Hamill today by someone that had no reference material on what he looked like back then, if that makes sense...

I agree completely. I think the Sideshow head captures a better likeness to classic Hamill.

Not really overwhelmed. I have the first version. It's ok I guess. The wind hair does look kind of odd. I think it would look better on the esb damaged head but it probably won't fit.

Jedi Cloak > Endor Poncho

Man, Hamill circa 1983 must be really hard to pin down, cuz neither this nor the Sideshow figure really do a good job. Of them all, I think the HT head sculpt with neutral expression and windswept hair looks the most like ROTJ Luke to me.

I broke down and pre-ordered this. I'm holding out hope that they will release Endor Leia (and Widget). Also - I figure that you cannot have too many Lukes.

Yeah, the huge forehead does look like a shaved and de-aged version of the Crait figure, not like a young Luke.

Why does it look like he is wearing dentures ala Gary Busey? Those are some big teeth.

Yeah, the Tooth Skywalker look was problematic in the proto but for some reason the teeth look even more prominent in these latest pics.

Man, Hamill circa 1983 must be really hard to pin down, cuz neither this nor the Sideshow figure really do a good job. Of them all, I think the HT head sculpt with neutral expression and windswept hair looks the most like ROTJ Luke to me.

Not sure they pulled off the windswept barge hair very well here - though I imagine it's hard to sculpt.

I broke down and pre-ordered this. I'm holding out hope that they will release Endor Leia (and Widget). Also - I figure that you cannot have too many Lukes.

Sounds like the upcoming ST Ewok that is old Lando's sidekick.:lol

"He's like Wicket... but different..."

Ordered the deluxe at BBTS

$280 is not too bad considering all we get

Jedi Cloak > Endor Poncho & sand storm gear

Yeah, it worked as a "fifth wheel" hasbro figure (let's face it, Hasbro did a figure of literally everything except deleted-scene Luke with Bacta face appliance) not sure it works as a primary selling feature for a 1/6 DX figure.

This was my initial reaction too, However looking more closely I don't like the look of this at all.

1). Windswept hair looks terrible with this sculpt.
2). Eyes looking to the side loo worse than the existing straight ahead version
3). Who needs deleted scene clothing & goggles.
4). Teeth sculpt looks terrible.

Agreed on the deleted scene stuff, but I quite like the emotive quality of the toothy sculpt even if the likeness is off compared to the original release. My ideal setup was always Jedi Luke duelling Vader and I think the grimacing sculpt (with the standard hair) suits that scene better than the slightly bored look of the original version I have. Plus I’m slightly worried HT might fix the fat suit issue on this version.
Even as I type this I realise that my comments above only relate to the Endor version (which we did know was probably coming) but I do also quite like the windswept hair as an additional dynamic pose option.
I suppose my point is that right now if I was able to choose between the original release and the Deluxe, I’d buy the Deluxe (even with the shortcomings of the sculpts). It gives the display options closest to what I hoped for from a HT Jedi Luke set.

I hope that makes sense - my ramblings above are of course purely subjective!

Back