Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Set

Tarkins pointing finger is a nice little touch.

I just hope that finger is human one and not from an ogre as Deadpool's one on "thumb up" hand.

Whats new on the vader other than the gloves?

I think we can safely assume that an ANH R2 and 3P0 two pack can be expected! :)

Hey! You can set Vader and Tarkin up in a "Leia, pull my finger" contest pose. :yess:

I may pick this guy up, for sure. Too bad HT is re-releasing an improved version of the New Hope Vader that I already have, but. . .c'est la vie. I'm happy enough with what I've got.

Cool that they made this a set. So glad Tarkin is finally going to be up for preorder!

Now Rogue One Vaydah is completely useless to my eyes, so finally I don't need to buy anything from that movie. I'll rather have this set now.

Whats new on the vader other than the gloves?

They fixed the nose plug. Recesses in a bit, as it should.

George_Lucas_laughing.gif

I cant 'unsee' this, lol

Wow this is fantastic news for me :clap

I had ANH Vader but sold him when Rogue One was announced. I was unhappy with the electronics, the hands and the poor quality of the belt. The only thing I was impressed with was the Droid. I have Rogue One Vader and while he is fantastic, he is a great representation of what was in Rogue One and not ANH.

I have been considering rebuying ANH Vader and use the hands and an extra R1 belt I had acquired to fix the problems I had with it, but with this announced I am super happy to get the two pack. It is also great news for people just starting with SW HT because both Vader's are sold out and not many people would buy Tarkin if they do not have a Vader.

Anyways, really happy with this.

Any chance the corrected the Vader sound chip issues in this re-release?

Ah yes, the hipster mentality of this generation... LMFAO the prequels. XD

In other news, this actually works out for me. I wasn't happy with the original ANH Vader for a few reasons, so waited, knowing they'd do another Vader. Wasn't sold on areas of the RO Vader, and didn't want to go to the expense of customization with replacement parts, so waited, knowing that they'd do another Vader. And now here's another ANH Vader, seemingly free of most of the issues I had with the original release. It may not be perfect, but I think this one will do me quite fine, and I was getting Tarkin anyway, so it's a rare win for me. Even though I know it is inevitable that they'll still do another Vader down the track. :)

I get why some others may not be quite as happy about this, though. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I don't see the point in these two being a set.

I can see where HT believe Tarkin would be a slow seller by himself. Lets be honest here, only hardcore Star Wars collectors frequenting these parts have been anticipating this release for four decades. HT are definitely trying to lure more casual collectors adding an iconic beacon to the deal. I believe it's especially true from an Asian market standpoint where Star Wars isn't selling as well as Marvel or DC.

Hopefully that childish garbage is gone forever.

I think the sound is cool, but should never have been incorporated into the figure. Had it been in the display stand, I would have been fine with it.

Back