1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's what I meant. :lol
Books like Darth Plagueis, labyrinth of evil, and Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader. I'm certain the Force Unleashed books are out though.

And there's an episode where Cad Bane breaks into the Jedi temple to steal one from their archive vault.

Edit: actually was an ancient Jedi holocron. My bad. But Sith holocrons are mentioned in the ROTS novel.

The ROTS Novelization is actually not Canon. But like I said they are mentioned in some childrens Kanan SW Rebels book. Technically they said anything other than the movies and Clone Wars produced prior to the forming of the storyboard committee, was no longer Canon.

I've ordered, I'm to hyped for the new movie not to. Ren looks like he could be a great villain to me. Basically I've order Ren and the new Stormtrooper 2pack so far, I'll order Phasma at some point. Probably won't order anyone else until after I've seen the movie

WHAT!? Force Snakes are canon!? Does that also include that Holiday Special...?????

Nope nothing outside of the very short list (which is growing) is canon, so the films obviously and the Clone Wars (seeming it directly ties into Rebels) and everything they have released since making the canon/legends announcement but every book, comic, video game etc etc is now not a part of the story.

The full list on Wookiepedia expands the official announcement to break down the new stories so all of the new and upcoming novels, comic series, Rebels and the new Battlefront are in.

And I don't remember a Sith holocron ever showing up in Clone Wars and according to the Wiki the first canon mention was in some Kanan children's book.

I can't either but I have never watched every episode, Kanan has a Jedi Holocron in Rebels so its not much of a stretch to assume Sith Holocrons are a possibility even if they haven't been mentioned yet (the Jedi won't be the only group in the galaxy to record information that way)

And here i'm, not giving a damn about what is or isn't a canon. I embrace as fact anything i like. Don't let the copyright owner to tell you how (your) SW universe should look like :)

And here i'm, not giving a damn about what is or isn't a canon. I embrace as fact anything i like. Don't let the copyright owner to tell you how (your) SW universe should look like :)

Go for it :p Im all for peoples interpretations of fiction; The only problem is what do you do when something comes on from a 'canon' source, say Episode VII, which directly contradicts something you like in the EU... What are you going to do?

I don't have that problem as while I have read and enjoyed some of the EU I tend to compartmentalise what does and doesn't matter based on what I am talking about at that time. Being a big Trek fan (and up to recently out of the 2 franchises the only one which 'canon' has been much of a topic that I have read about) for me canon has always been on screen first and foremost and literature not so much (though fun to read)... Which any Trek fan will tell you causes problems in itself with issues from show to show, movie to movie and even episode to episode (especially in the TOS days of Kirk and Spock).

Sorry but I don't want a cheap Darth Vader knock off figure, if it floats your boat fair enough, personally I'll stick with STAR WARS [1977] the original and the best.

The nostalgia is strong with this one.. :lol

Why wouldn't you want to check out the movie before you write off an entire character? I love Darth Vader too but new isn't always bad.

One thing I am curious about. We have that rumored/supposed video of the prototype helmetless Kylo Ren that is to be revealed as the secret TFA final Disney Elite die cast figure.

Since that's a Disney exclusive item I wonder if companies like Hot Toys are contractually not allowed to show Kylo Ren's face until Disney gets to reveal that figure.

Just something to chew on.

Sorry but I don't want a cheap Darth Vader knock off figure, if it floats your boat fair enough, personally I'll stick with STAR WARS [1977] the original and the best.
About the only thing the same about those two characters is they have black outfits and a red coloured lightsaber.
Other than that they are completely different characters.

How bout watch the movie first before opening your mouth.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

One thing I am curious about. We have that rumored/supposed video of the prototype helmetless Kylo Ren that is to be revealed as the secret TFA final Disney Elite die cast figure.

Since that's a Disney exclusive item I wonder if companies like Hot Toys are contractually not allowed to show Kylo Ren's face until Disney gets to reveal that figure.

Just something to chew on.

I don't think so. There is no special about Kylo Ren's face since everybody can see it on photos laying around on the internet.

I don't think so. There is no special about Kylo Ren's face since everybody can see it on photos laying around on the internet.

He still has yet to be shown in film without it though. Hence all of the terrible Luke is Kylo theories that flooded the internet. We have also seen zero promotional ads or merchandise showing him without the mask to this point.

I don't get why they are keeping the final die cast figure a secret to be revealed unless it's actually Snoke or something and the guy with that prototype was full of it.

THIS Empire Strikes Back fan would disagree.lol
Kylo isnt a knock off of Vader.
2 totally different characters.
Kylo will most likely be more badass than Vader because his love for Luke helped him turn back to the good side.
Kylo seems pretty intent on an agenda and finishing whatever Vader started.

I was wondering about that, the only photo I know of is the one from Empire (I think) Magazine which showed him on a snow planet with a pair of Snowtroopers; What if something happens in the film early on which leaves scar's which is why after that we do not see his face again until much later in the film (maybe during a showdown with Luke)?

THIS Empire Strikes Back fan would disagree.lol
Kylo isnt a knock off of Vader.
2 totally different characters.
Kylo will most likely be more badass than Vader because his love for Luke helped him turn back to the good side.
Kylo seems pretty intent on an agenda and finishing whatever Vader started.

I agree; the biggest similarity between the 2 is that they both wear masks and if they do turn out to be related that kinda makes sense (Grandson emulating Grandfather maybe) or even if they aren't (or Kylo doesn't know about it) the Knights of Ren all wear masks and may be fans of Vader, Mandalorians etc etc.

Tbh Darth Malgus is much more a rip off of Vader in terms of looks (part machine with a life support suit) and I don't read many people complaining about him.

Tbh Darth Malgus is much more a rip off of Vader in terms of looks (part machine with a life support suit)
No part of Malgus is machine, he just had a respirator. The rest of the suit was just a badass armor :)

About Kylo and what if something will happen to him so he must wear a mask is a good point. I still wonder if this isn't Kylo with his mask (it's early concept so now he can have different). But this person got a cyber neck too. And a hand. Like every male Skywalker we know :) So Kylo can be a Skywalker ... who knows, who knows.

vader-mask-sith-figure-conceptart.jpg
Grave-Robber-I.jpeg

No part of Malgus is machine, he just had a respirator. The rest of the suit was just a badass armor :)

About Kylo and what if something will happen to him so he must wear a mask is a good point. I still wonder if this isn't Kylo with his mask (it's early concept so now he can have different). But this person got a cyber neck too. And a hand. Like every male Skywalker we know :) So Kylo can be a Skywalker ... who knows, who knows.

View attachment 224130
View attachment 224131

I've always loved these pictures. I really want to know who it is.. Maybe Kylo in the future? Perhaps he gets seriously maimed by Luke in this movie.

Luke's replacement hand looks human in TESB but in the future people have to go back to clunky machine hands? I bet the Empire has crappy HMO plans...figures.

Ah right, I always thought there was more to the suit than armour and the breathing kit.

I've always loved these pictures. I really want to know who it is.. Maybe Kylo in the future? Perhaps he gets seriously maimed by Luke in this movie.

Could simply be an unused concept which will never see the light of day on screen

Back