1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. That "ribbed" jerkin thing is UNDER his tunic/robe which is under his cloak/towel.

The HT figure actually has it under the tunic. It's there. Matches his sleeves. Just no one has posed him in it yet.

View attachment 241687

wasn't arguing with you lol was just pointing out that the shawl and hood leave the picture after Rey escapes. I agree, the ribbed arm design matches what's under his tunic.

wasn't arguing with you lol was just pointing out that the shawl and hood leave the picture after Rey escapes. I agree, the ribbed arm design matches what's under his tunic.

There's actually a bad cut in the movie I noticed. When Kylo's returning to Rey's torture room there a great shot of him storming down the hall without his hoodie (the picture you posted) but when he actually gets to the room (after she's escaped) he suddenly has his hoodie on again. Considering his urgency, did he really stop off to pick up his hood somewhere? :lol Clearly in the editing room they decided to use another shot to build tension -- the old 'villain is coming back' shot.

I think the shot they used -- without the hoodie -- is actually part of a later shot where Kylo is joined by all the stormies in their hunt for Solo and gang.

There's actually a bad cut in the movie I noticed. When Kylo's returning to Rey's torture room there a great shot of him storming down the hall without his hoodie (the picture you posted) but when he actually gets to the room (after she's escaped) he suddenly has his hoodie on again. Considering his urgency, did he really stop off to pick up his hood somewhere? :lol Clearly in the editing room they decided to use another shot to build tension -- the old 'villain is coming back' shot.

I think the shot they used -- without the hoodie -- is actually part of a later shot where Kylo is joined by all the stormies in their hunt for Solo and gang.

My fav shot of Kylo in the entirety of TFA is when Han is walking towards him on the bridge after he's asked him to take off the mask. Its a great full body shot of Driver holding the helmet. I love his hooded/helmeted look but once I saw Driver on the bridge, maskless, that became my favorite look for him.

Really hope HT delivers on a Driver sculpt at some point.

The cloak was $29.99 at TA, they had at least 2. After I cut the hood off, I put it back on to see if it could achieve a stock look without the stitching and actually found it to be better because you could adjust it a whole lot more. Also I did remove the cloak with only the ribbed shirt showing but found it looking too skinny. I suspect that the next Kylo they release will have the Driver sculpt and mask but maybe not the hood.

My fav shot of Kylo in the entirety of TFA is when Han is walking towards him on the bridge after he's asked him to take off the mask. Its a great full body shot of Driver holding the helmet. I love his hooded/helmeted look but once I saw Driver on the bridge, maskless, that became my favorite look for him.

He definitely looks cool there. That whole scene is amazing.

Also I did remove the cloak with only the ribbed shirt showing but found it looking too skinny.

That's what I was wondering -- to keep the size correct with all the other layers. Oh well, thanks for letting me know.

^Yes indeed. Just got my Kylo today and he has a squad leader on each side of him with a nice custom First Order banner from pipepixler!

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    710.1 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Changed it up a bit. Wanted Kylo with the FO trooper and top shelf.

R1VJAGw.jpg

5uygToJ.jpg

Very subtle but I slightly leaned the trooper back but remaining professional in reaction to Kylo saber and force move. He is like "Holy s***".

Changed it up a bit. Wanted Kylo with the FO trooper and top shelf.

R1VJAGw.jpg

5uygToJ.jpg

Very subtle but I slightly leaned the trooper back but remaining professional in reaction to Kylo saber and force move. He is like "Holy s***".

I'd place Vader with his Stormtrooper directly under Kylo and his. Then I'd move Ben to Luke's box.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd also place the Imperial Stormtrooper next to Vader and move Obi-Wan next to Luke.

Swear it took 20 minutes to get the zipper down. Have to take it down a few, hit resistance, move stuff around until it zips down a bit more, rinse and repeat.

Back