1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
=SNIKT1950;8082063In reality they're good films with some very noticeable flaws, particularly in dialogue and overuse of CGI.

Do I prefer J.J. at the helm instead of George? Yes. Do I prefer Rian Johnson at the helm instead of George? Absolutely (I wish he was doing the full trilogy). Do I prefer Colin Trevorrow at the helm instead of George? Nope.

Ehhh, sorry to disagree with you on this one, but I really cannot see how anyone could call the PT "good films" they were terrible in almost every aspect . How long has it been since you watched them? I just did with my kids a few weeks back....they are BAD , with the possible exception of ROTS which is fair.....but far from good! AOTC is almost unwatchable, good thing Natalie Portman was easy on the eyes or I would have turned off that movie.

The reason George Lucas sucks so hard now, after creating such an amazing trilogy of films , is he is now The Emperor with New Clothes....he's really naked and afraid , but everyone around him is in such awe of his past achievements, that they cannot point out the obvious flaws to him. So good call on Disney cutting him out of the deal.

I imagine someone in the PT crew was saying " that Jar Jar is freaking stupid" , I am sure he was fired within a day ....... And everyone learned not to question the genius of GL. IMO what a man like GL needs is a good strong collaborator who will defend his own ideas and pull no punches when GL goes off the deep end. Which is pretty much what we got in best film of the series ESB.

This is going a little off-topic!

In an effort to pull it back, I am suitably impressed by the promo shots of Kylo, so I preordered this. I wish he came with a more interesting base though!

Yeah I understand they wanted to use different bases to the OT figures but it's a shame they got rid of the nice looking name plaques. Especially when they used a plaque for the limited edition Hong Kong squad leader.

I was a no-stand guy for the past few years, but lately I like the organized look conferred by the old school, oval HT stands with the small name plates. I would love a return to those and uniformity (stands or not) is important to me in a display...since that won't happen I'll have to customize generic stands.

I like the organized look conferred by the old school, oval HT stands with the small name plates.

Those old ones just remind me of some fake wooden plaque - oval, old fashioned bevel, I can't stand them - pun intended. ;)

My loose rule is that if you can tell it's a stand, I don't use it. On my updated shelves, for the few figures that really need it, I'm threading the surface of the shelf to fit a rod that supports a single leg so you can't see anything unless you really go looking for it - and in some cases unless you start lifting robes. Thankfully most of my figures can stand on their own.

Those old ones just remind me of some fake wooden plaque - oval, old fashioned bevel, I can't stand them - pun intended. ;)

My loose rule is that if you can tell it's a stand, I don't use it. On my updated shelves, for the few figures that really need it, I'm threading the surface of the shelf to fit a rod that supports a single leg so you can't see anything unless you really go looking for it - and in some cases unless you start lifting robes. Thankfully most of my figures can stand on their own.

When my final display cabinet is fully operational, I may well go back to my no-stand ways. I've generally been staunchly anti-bevel, but my girlfriend took it upon herself to dust the other day (usually I do the cleaning) and I knew fear. So I broke out some stands. I like the little signs, they make me feel important and fill me with an enormous sense of well-being.

Later on, when everything is glass-fronted, sterile white and filled with meticulously calibrated negative space, the stands may retire once more.

Let me tell you about my business cards next... :lol

I'm a fan of the stand design being somewhat unique to the franchise to set it apart. My least favorite stand is the dynamic stand with the giant tentacle arm and followed closely by the classic black oval stand. It looks like it's homemade.

I hate stands, but I'll never display my figures without. The right compromise to me are the oval black stands without the name plate. I don't understand the utility of the plate, I mean, I know who the frack I'm displaying!

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

I wonder though if Kylo Ren's identity and face does get shown in the first movie. I know Vanity fair piece showed his face but it is possible that he could end up remaining concealed through the first movie.

It would be impossible now days to conceal Adam Driver as the character, so I don't think it was a big reveal telling the character he is playing and showing his face.

Who buys a Kylo Ren figure wanting a headsculpt of this?:dunno

AdamDriver.jpg

So bought. This figure plus all the new FO troops. I need more shelves.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Even if the actor that portrayed Kylo Ren was Errico Settebellizze (a very beautiful fictional guy from an italian theatre comedy), I will never display this figure without his mask!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Look how many of us here are male model looking types? I sure am not. That said, no way that face came from Harrison Ford........lol

Well, my mother and my girlfriend say that I'm beautiful, so.. Anyway, I'm not planning to be part of the cast in the next SW movies, or any movie at all, so no headsculpt danger from me!
:)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I prefer they show the human side during the film, it adds another dimension to the character. I don't really go looking at characters and whether their attractive...bring on grown up baby new year......

Back