1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Anyone still on the fence about this guy and don't have enough SSC rewards points to make a dent in the purchase?

I'm definitely on the fence. I love the new movie, but due to the fact I'm not rich and don't have unlimited space I really wasn't going to collect much from the new movies.

If it had a head sculpt it would be a no brainer.

Anyone still on the fence about this guy and don't have enough SSC rewards points to make a dent in the purchase?

Pretty much. I didnt like the character at all in the movie but like how he looks, would look sweet on my shelf so im torn. And usually when im torn, i ended up making the purchase eventually. Lol

Pretty much. I didnt like the character at all in the movie but like how he looks, would look sweet on my shelf so im torn. And usually when im torn, i ended up making the purchase eventually. Lol

why didn't you like him in the movie? i thought he was great, exceeded all of my expectations. the way he moved, the way he sounded, his partial duel personalities. it was fantastic. his anger. it was everything i wanted in a villain.

why didn't you like him in the movie? i thought he was great, exceeded all of my expectations. the way he moved, the way he sounded, his partial duel personalities. it was fantastic. his anger. it was everything i wanted in a villain.

Exactly how I feel. He had great depth

I know it was on purpose bc he is in progress, but i just didnt like how weak he was. Meaning he was not a badass sith. He was basically a regular kid that wanted to be tough, but really wasnt, and even rey said he wasnt (and didnt even punish her for it!!), then proceeds to get his butt whipped by a girl who just found out about her force powers like that day. Didnt work for me.

And although i liked most of the scenes of him with the helmet on, i didnt like him without it at all. Nitpicking stuff. Didnt like his perfectly styled feathered hair, when i was expecting him to be a lot more rough and tough looking, a bit more dirty i guess. Some silly lines like "where not done yet", didnt love the acting, or the punching his wound thing. I found it to be pretty corny. I have a feeling ill like him more in the next one.

Thats why im on the fence with this figure. Didnt love him in this movie, not nearly tough enough for my liking, but might be in the next one, so im sure i would want that kylo ren, but hopefully he will be a darth by then. There were no darths in this movie which really bugged me. Its the only star wars movie with no darths and turned me off to the character, even though i do like the look of him.

I know it was on purpose bc he is in progress, but i just didnt like how weak he was. Meaning he was not a badass sith. He was basically a regular kid that wanted to be tough, but really wasnt, and even rey said he wasnt (and didnt even punish her for it!!), then proceeds to get his but whipped by a girl who just found out about her force powers like that day. Didnt work for me.

And although i liked most of the scenes of him with the helmet on, i didnt like him without it at all. Nitpicking stuff. Didnt like his perfectly styled feathered hair, when i was expecting him to be a lot more rough and tough looking, a bit more dirty i guess. Some silly lines like "where not done yet", didnt love the acting, or the punching his wound thing. I found it to be pretty corny. I have a feeling ill like him more in the next one.

Thats why im on the fence with this figure. Didnt love him in this movie, not nearly tough enough for my liking, but might be in the next one, so im sure i would want that kylo ren, but hopefully he will be a darth by then. There were no darths in this movie which really bugged me and turned me off to the character, even though i do like the look of him.

Dude, he was injured pretty badly when fighting Rey... and still did fairly well, plus Rey may have been trained when she was young, we simply dont know

I'm starting to give in to buying this, and buying the inevitable second Ren with Driver head sculpt to display them both at the same time...

I know it was on purpose bc he is in progress, but i just didnt like how weak he was. Meaning he was not a badass sith. He was basically a regular kid that wanted to be tough, but really wasnt, and even rey said he wasnt (and didnt even punish her for it!!), then proceeds to get his butt whipped by a girl who just found out about her force powers like that day. Didnt work for me.

Thats why im on the fence with this figure. Didnt love him in this movie, not nearly tough enough for my liking, but might be in the next one, so im sure i would want that kylo ren, but hopefully he will be a darth by then. There were no darths in this movie which really bugged me. Its the only star wars movie with no darths and turned me off to the character, even though i do like the look of him.

Yeah if you gonna do a combo of OT Vader and whiny/brooding Anakin from Eps II and III, I would have weighted it a bit more in the kickass Sith/scary Vader direction. A guy who's still learning, but doesn't get his butt kicked when pretty much anyone shows up with a lightsaber. I was waiting for BB-8 to turn up and whup him. This seemed 1/3 Vader and 2/3 emo wimp - makes it harder to believe he has this powerful position with Snoke and FO.

I also wanted Finn to have more edge as a "real" battle-hardened stormie - a guy who's had the change of heart but still had some mystery and mistrust about him.

I understand both sides of the argument for Kylo, and at some point I've gone from one side to the other myself. I really liked Kylo, especially up to the point where he removes his helmet with Rey and then has a second tantrum. It's great to have a more three-dimensional character for a villain, yet at the same time he feel's so incomplete as if we're getting the backstory for a villain we might really like at some later point. JJ had said this was really going to be a stand alone story, as much as possible, but it really didn't turn out to be even close for the main characters, especially Kylo. You don't need other films to really enjoy Vader in ANH, but you do need more films for Kylo.

I understand both sides of the argument for Kylo, and at some point I've gone from one side to the other myself. I really liked Kylo, especially up to the point where he removes his helmet with Rey and then has a second tantrum. It's great to have a more three-dimensional character for a villain, yet at the same time he feel's so incomplete as if we're getting the backstory for a villain we might really like at some later point. JJ had said this was really going to be a stand alone story, as much as possible, but it really didn't turn out to be even close for the main characters, especially Kylo. You don't need other films to really enjoy Vader in ANH, but you do need more films for Kylo.

Yeah I liked him more while watching it (I really liked how you first met him, his outfit and his abilities) but in mulling it after I liked him less and less in the way he panned out in the second half.

At the point that Abrams uses one of Kylo's teen tantrums as comic relief (the stormies that turn around and beat a hasty exit) you know it's just not quite working as a new villain you should really fear. There were a few gags with Vader in the OT but they were never at his expense.

It's the lingering aftertaste problem with TFA - as everyone went on and on about, everything is pretty close to OT characters/plotlines, but the TFA equivalent hasn't stayed with me much. Snoke is a poor man's Emperor, BB-8 is a gentler but blander version of R2, the FO stormies have all the variants like OT ones, but there's nothing really new in any of them, Rey is less iconic/mythic than Luke.

And... I do sort of feel weird that Kylo's Han's son. It worked dramatically (just seeing Han have a major storyline like that in TFA was cool,) but... it's kind of funny if you think about it. Han Solo's kid is the new Vader. I know Mom Leia's a Skywalker and all, but we've never seen her do a thing with the Force, so it's a cool but odd idea all at the same time.

I'm getting this fig because I love his entrance, and I even like Driver, but it's probably because I just want "the Villain" of TFA to stand next to old Luke and old Han.

Yeah I liked him more while watching it (I really liked how you first met him, his outfit and his abilities) but in mulling it after I liked him less and less in the way he panned out in the second half.

At the point that Abrams uses one of Kylo's teen tantrums as comic relief (the stormies that turn around and beat a hasty exit) you know it's just not quite working as a new villain you should really fear. There were a few gags with Vader in the OT but they were never at his expense.

It's the lingering aftertaste problem with TFA - as everyone went on and on about, everything is pretty close to OT characters/plotlines, but the TFA equivalent hasn't stayed with me much. Snoke is a poor man's Emperor, BB-8 is a gentler but blander version of R2, the FO stormies have all the variants like OT ones, but there's nothing really new in any of them, Rey is less iconic/mythic than Luke.

And... I do sort of feel weird that Kylo's Han's son. It worked dramatically (just seeing Han have a major storyline like that in TFA was cool,) but... it's kind of funny if you think about it. Han Solo's kid is the new Vader. I know Mom Leia's a Skywalker and all, but we've never seen her do a thing with the Force, so it's a cool but odd idea all at the same time.

I'm getting this fig because I love his entrance, and I even like Driver, but it's probably because I just want "the Villain" of TFA to stand next to old Luke and old Han. It's like Darth Maul - I like the look of the character and sort of what he represents, but didn't really like him in the movie - if that makes any sense.:lol

One thing I loved is JJ Abrams' idea that Leia chose not to train in The Force, that she walked away from that to continue her fight with The Resistance. So far every Force Sensitive being jumps in with both feet into training and the idea that someone would say "Not for me" is an intriguing one. I hope that aspect gets a little more play within the future films.

Kylo/Ben is awesome. Adams's performance as Ben is awesome. An intriguing character, and something different. Can't wait to see his arc.

I do wish this character came with a HS. But i would not be surprised to NOT see a 2.0 till ep8 which is just a little over a year anyways. I mean by the time we got it in hand Ep8 would be just around the corner. (unless announced very soon i expect Han Luke Chewie Poe and Rogue One characters first)

So getting this and waiting for EP8 Ben seems reasonable.

I'm getting this fig because I love his entrance, and I even like Driver, but it's probably because I just want "the Villain" of TFA to stand next to old Luke and old Han. It's like Darth Maul - I like the look of the character and sort of what he represents, but didn't really like him in the movie - if that makes any sense.:lol

I agree with this a lot. This movie is very good, I enjoy it very much, I want to like it more than I actually do in the end though. All the new characters were great, yet at the same time fell a little flat for me, I can't quite put me finger on it.

Dude, he was injured pretty badly when fighting Rey... and still did fairly well, plus Rey may have been trained when she was young, we simply dont know

This. He was traumatized and weakened after killing his dad, shot in the stomach by a powerful bowcaster, and even nicked in the shoulder by Finn's lucky lightsaber swipe. Take away all of those variables and Rey is defeated. I wouldn't say dead because killing her was never his intention. He wanted her as an apprentice. Expect him to come back with a vengeance in VIII. Think Anakin in II to Anakin in III. It was a huge power jump.

Kylo/Ben is awesome. Adams's performance as Ben is awesome. An intriguing character, and something different. Can't wait to see his arc.

I do wish this character came with a HS. But i would not be surprised to NOT see a 2.0 till ep8 which is just a little over a year anyways. I mean by the time we got it in hand Ep8 would be just around the corner. (unless announced very soon i expect Han Luke Chewie Poe and Rogue One characters first)

So getting this and waiting for EP8 Ben seems reasonable.

Id be surprised if we didn't see an unmasked and battle damaged sculpt v2 of Kylo Ren come out this year, I mean Scarlet Witch is coming and had less screen time.
Ben Solo is the child of 2 legacy characters.
Cmon Hot toys!!!! :)

This. He was traumatized and weakened after killing his dad, shot in the stomach by a powerful bowcaster, and even nicked in the shoulder by Finn's lucky lightsaber swipe. Take away all of those variables and Rey is defeated. I wouldn't say dead because killing her was never his intention. He wanted her as an apprentice. Expect him to come back with a vengeance in VIII. Think Anakin in II to Anakin in III. It was a huge power jump.

forgot about the trauma over Han, I think they really play that up in the novelization

Back