1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have debated selling some of my old sideshow but cant do it yet. probably wont make a killing but yes, any dough helps fund the new and the volume is always a concern and more so now than ever. plus i cant see dumping my emperor for 40 bucks and buying a 250 one from hot toys . decisions and strategery :)

i have debated selling some of my old sideshow but cant do it yet. probably wont make a killing but yes, any dough helps fund the new and the volume is always a concern and more so now than ever. plus i cant see dumping my emperor for 40 bucks and buying a 250 one from hot toys . decisions and strategery :)

I hear ya. had my SSC one repainted by one of the guys that used to work for Sideshow. Its very very very cool

An alternative to selling all of the Sideshow figures is keeping them for parts to allow for a cheap transition when newer ones come out. For example, instead of buying the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, I bought a knock-off body, the Hot Toys outfit, and a new head for less than half the price of the set. I completed the figure with Sideshow's Bespin Luke accessories. While the difference is notable if it were side-by-side with an completed Hot Toys Luke, I have never seen it as inferior to my other HT figures. I think as this hobby has become incredibly expensive, especially for a license like Star Wars where there are so many interesting characters, it is important for me to think about how to get the best bang for my buck. The Sideshow accessories (and some outfits) really help with this since I already own them.

An alternative to selling all of the Sideshow figures is keeping them for parts to allow for a cheap transition when newer ones come out. For example, instead of buying the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, I bought a knock-off body, the Hot Toys outfit, and a new head for less than half the price of the set. I completed the figure with Sideshow's Bespin Luke accessories. While the difference is notable if it were side-by-side with an completed Hot Toys Luke, I have never seen it as inferior to my other HT figures. I think as this hobby has become incredibly expensive, especially for a license like Star Wars where there are so many interesting characters, it is important for me to think about how to get the best bang for my buck. The Sideshow accessories (and some outfits) really help with this since I already own them.

That's an expensive parts bin. :lol

I think the same stuff that I would want to hold onto is the only valuable stuff to sell. I don't think I'd get much for, say, SS Luke Tatooine's head and body and clothing without the goodies. Probably won't get much for the whole thing clean in the box either.

Maybe ols SS OT stuff is bad to sell now because there's such great stuff from HT out right now. I must target the PT kids. They have money and they want figures of their favorite Star Wars movies. Time to deprive them of their precious cash. Muhhahahahahhaaa!

Trying to desparately find the HT OT SW figures I missed, I found a few Obis in the New England area. RI/MA. If anyone missed out like I did and is in that area, I'd be happy to share the intelligence to get you one in exchange for buying me one and shipping it to me in MI. I'd pay for mine of course and the shipping cost. Message me here.

Trying to desparately find the HT OT SW figures I missed, I found a few Obis in the New England area. RI/MA. If anyone missed out like I did and is in that area, I'd be happy to share the intelligence to get you one in exchange for buying me one and shipping it to me in MI. I'd pay for mine of course and the shipping cost. Message me here.

Which are you missing? For some of them, as opposed to looking right now and paying after market prices, it may be a bit more judicious to wait until the market gets saturated with more SW figures and wait for prices on some of the current ANH figures to curtail a bit.

Which are you missing? For some of them, as opposed to looking right now and paying after market prices, it may be a bit more judicious to wait until the market gets saturated with more SW figures and wait for prices on some of the current ANH figures to curtail a bit.

Need to be careful though with that thought process on ANH. These are not like marvel figures where a new captain America or Mark XXL latest and greatest get issued. These are very distinct and iconic looks for figures and there isn't much wait and see

I think this originals line will hold value for a very long time. Will there be deals available? Of course but most people are going to keep key figures from this no matter what and its Getty to the point where they all are key. Just my opinion of course but this is as iconic of a line that it gets for a complementary line of figures from a property to keep together as a collection.

That's true also.

For instance, I still need a Solo and a Chewie, but I think the prices right now for them are getting to be astronomical. I figure (hoping at least) that once HT moves on to ESB, RotJ, etc. and more versions of Chewie and Han go into the rotation, the prices on these current ones may drop a bit. Not necessarily back down to retail, but enough being that they at least won't be the only Solo and Chewie out there that's available.

Obi-Wan on the other hand, I can see becoming quite pricey and staying that way being that I don't presume there will be another one of those made from the OT.

Everything to date for the OT: Stormtrooper, Ben, Han, Chewbacca. I sat on the fence too long.

I could never do that :lol

well I did I thought about it and thought it would be hard to do. but more I thought about it and my hate for the PT grew I then said well it`s time to say good bye. some of the character`s were cool like grievous. but sorry I got tired of the clones that ss massed produce and they were doing repaints instead of making different characters that`s when I said enough is enough.

well I did I thought about it and thought it would be hard to do. but more I thought about it and my hate for the PT grew I then said well it`s time to say good bye. some of the character`s were cool like grievous. but sorry I got tired of the clones that ss massed produce and they were doing repaints instead of making different characters that`s when I said enough is enough.

Just noticed for the first time that your name isn't generalgrievous.

I liked the character it was a cool design at the time. and some body else had the name so I got stuck with what you see today. maybe some day I will change it who knows

The ones I have left (still a good number) are ones I have no desire to sell. I really doubt HT will ever make a Mace Windu figure and he is one of SS's best, IMO. I also love Cody and Rex. Not going to see those guys from HT. Padawan Obi Wan? Not likely.

Picked up one of the last reasonably priced Kenobi here in Italy. I love how sturdy HT figures are. And those boots! I just wish they used a heavy tissue (just like Ben robes) for Luke kimono to hang properly.
uploadfromtaptalk1454395688805.jpg

Back