1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

You know what's really cool about Revenge of the Sith? Anakin saves Palpatine from falling down a shaft and in Return of the Jedi, he throws him down a shaft.

The prequels are just poetry, man.

:lol

Darth Vader, as I'm sure most people know, is a version of 'Dark Father' - Lucas wanted two words that were reminiscent of 'Dark Father'. The name was chosen well before Lucas hit on the idea of making Vader Luke's father, sometime during the preproduction of Empire.

It only become a title much later - I don't know when, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't even a title until the prequels, though that's speculation by me.
I've heard that the idea of Vader being Luke's father came to be before Empire, but it does seem like Obi-Wan is totally lying when he talks about Vader being a pupil of his who killed Anakin Skywalker. He looks really shifty when he talks about it.

I've heard that the idea of Vader being Luke's father came to be before Empire, but it does seem like Obi-Wan is totally lying when he talks about Vader being a pupil of his who killed Anakin Skywalker. He looks really shifty when he talks about it.

I read his performance as being guilt that it was his pupil who killed Luke's father, coupled with embarrassment because he's talking to Luke about his own indirect connection with his father's death. I just doubt that Lucas took him aside beforehand and quietly told him that Vader was Luke's father, as he did with Mark Hamill during the shooting of the Bespin duel in Empire.

You could be right about Vader always being intended to be Luke's father, because you can't say for certain without analysing all the drafts and I've always lacked the patience to read more than just summaries of them (the exception being the first version of ROTJ which is amazing). But I'm sure I've read somewhere that an early version of Empire talks about Luke's father as being a separate character to Vader.

I know this is going to be controversial, but I watched Revenge of the Sith last week for the first time since seeing it in the cinema and I actually quite liked it.

I keep banging on about this. Episode III usually gets lumped in with "the PT" but I'd actually put it on a par with the OT.

I'm also more forgiving of Eps I-II but that's another discussion...

Yes originally it was version of dark and/or death. Incidentally Vader also translates as Father. Dark Father!

Darth Vader, as I'm sure most people know, is a version of 'Dark Father' - Lucas wanted two words that were reminiscent of 'Dark Father'. The name was chosen well before Lucas hit on the idea of making Vader Luke's father, sometime during the preproduction of Empire.

It only become a title much later - I don't know when, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't even a title until the prequels, though that's speculation by me.

Yup, I mentioned this earlier, wasn't aware that Lucas was going for that officially though. nice.

I read his performance as being guilt that it was his pupil who killed Luke's father, coupled with embarrassment because he's talking to Luke about his own indirect connection with his father's death. I just doubt that Lucas took him aside beforehand and quietly told him that Vader was Luke's father, as he did with Mark Hamill during the shooting of the Bespin duel in Empire.

You could be right about Vader always being intended to be Luke's father, because you can't say for certain without analysing all the drafts and I've always lacked the patience to read more than just summaries of them (the exception being the first version of ROTJ which is amazing). But I'm sure I've read somewhere that an early version of Empire talks about Luke's father as being a separate character to Vader.

I thought that Lucas kept the link to Luke unwritten to keep it a secret. Weren't there even different version of the script for David Prowse and James Earl Jones compared to everyone else in the cast?

Kenobi was a devious, manipulative a-hole who used Luke to finish the job he couldn't. That whole "Certain point of view" speech on Dagobah revealed his intentions from the start, even though he was STILL twisting things to manipulate Luke.

Kenobi.JPG

Speaking of feable old men....

Where is this figure? Why hasn't HT revealed pics and put up for preorder?

This needs to go, so we can get to Luke and Leia.

Speaking of feable old men....

Where is this figure? Why hasn't HT revealed pics and put up for preorder?

This needs to go, so we can get to Luke and Leia.

I think HT are busy playing with the Avengers: AoU cash cow at the moment...

Ultron revealed. All that's left is the new Hulk with fancy-pants.

After the Chinese New Year, I hope Star Wars explodes again. Ben preorder, Luke/Leia 2-pack, Boba Fett 1/6th tease and maybe just maybe... Yoda.

Ultron revealed. All that's left is the new Hulk with fancy-pants.

After the Chinese New Year, I hope Star Wars explodes again. Ben preorder, Luke/Leia 2-pack, Boba Fett 1/6th tease and maybe just maybe... Yoda.

Yes, that would be awesome but I thought HT were only running with ANH 1/6 figures at the moment?

Makes Boba and Yoda highly unlikely. :(

Yes, that would be awesome but I thought HT were only running with ANH 1/6 figures at the moment?

Makes Boba and Yoda highly unlikely. :(

Nope.

6-8 from ANH
2 from ESB
3 from ROTJ

We've been playing the guessing game for months based on some insider info. So far, that info has proven correct.

Nope.

6-8 from ANH
2 from ESB
3 from ROTJ

We've been playing the guessing game for months based on some insider info. So far, that info has proven correct.

Sweet! :yess:

Is it likely that Sideshow's deal with HT includes limitations on existing Sideshow releases that will affect what HT make?

So no ESB/ROTJ Vader, Hoth Luke and Han, etc?

Sweet! :yess:

Is it likely that Sideshow's deal with HT includes limitations on existing Sideshow releases that will affect what HT make?

So no ESB/ROTJ Vader, Hoth Luke and Han, etc?

No rules set, but they do seem to honor a certain distance... at the moment.

No rules set, but they do seem to honor a certain distance... at the moment.

It's kind of a Darth Vader/Lando Calrissian relationship.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Nope.

6-8 from ANH
2 from ESB
3 from ROTJ

Hadn't seen those rumors, so I'm guessing...
Anakin..Padme..and Vader?

Back