1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics Wor Gar. I'm opting to upgrade my Kenobi with replacement boots and robe, as well as a 'custom' Kenobi sculpt from eBay. With all the upcoming HT releases I couldn't spring for a second Old Ben. It's good to see that the SS tunic works so well.

Yeah, I didn't feel good about this solution at all (though I'm using a heavily modded Hasbro outfit - outer robes need a lot of work but inner robes actually aren't too bad) but I just feel that the Ben head needs some repainting to add some "ginger" and white hair to the beard and I would never have done that to a real HT head. The only other "Custom" sculpt I got from ebay had poor apps and was underscale, so I'm not expecting much and wouldn't advocate it. Certainly nothing close to what HT Ben buyers are getting.

I just received this yesterday, and I'm glad to finally have an Obiwan in my collection!

I have to say though, the more I look at him the more the inner robes and portrait representation are becoming an issue for me. I was really looking forward to displaying him without the cloak, but the material is just too sheer. Hopefully I can find some robes online and possibly a sideshow sculpt to modify. Maybe the head sculpt will grow on me, but I'd like to have another option...

One the whole, it is a quality piece and it does have nice presence.

Obi.jpg

Cheers,
-Ahab

I just received this yesterday, and I'm glad to finally have an Obiwan in my collection!

I have to say though, the more I look at him the more the inner robes and portrait representation are becoming an issue for me. I was really looking forward to displaying him without the cloak, but the material is just too sheer. Hopefully I can find some robes online and possibly a sideshow sculpt to modify. Maybe the head sculpt will grow on me, but I'd like to have another option...

One the whole, it is a quality piece and it does have nice presence.

View attachment 219007

Cheers,
-Ahab

Your pic on the left there looks really good. To me Kenobi isn't fully Kenobi without the robe on and hood up, and with the headsculpt a bit off maybe that's the best way to go rather than the training no-robes/hood look?

just got this in. bugs me that they got the saber hand in the wrong place, but overall an excellent figure

CSDMbN_UYAAkvco.jpg

Nice pics Wor Gar. I'm opting to upgrade my Kenobi with replacement boots and robe, as well as a 'custom' Kenobi sculpt from eBay. With all the upcoming HT releases I couldn't spring for a second Old Ben. It's good to see that the SS tunic works so well.

Did you check out Toy Anxiety? They have the HT head sculpt available. Might be similar in price if they ship to UK. $60 USD. Not sure if you meant a custom SS one or what.

A fun little experiment here. I took a small piece of synthetic fur to the head sculpt and I like it a 100x better...well 10x better. Already feels less posh and more disheveled.

No glue at this point obviously, but I'm lookin in to this!

Cheers,

Obi hair.jpg

Your pic on the left there looks really good. To me Kenobi isn't fully Kenobi without the robe on and hood up, and with the headsculpt a bit off maybe that's the best way to go rather than the training no-robes/hood look?

Indeed, hood up Obi is essential, and that's probably the way I'll display him the majority of the time... However, I have a falcon dio in the works that needs those robes lookin good though. The hunt is on!

Cheers

Beautiful job on the figure, Wor-Gar...looks really good.

Mine's still completely stock, but I had a chance to take a better look tonight and I'm there....

It is a good figure.

Last edited:
With most of these figures your not going to be up close and personal. I had my concerns over old bens likeness, and if I look at it up close like most of the pictures we see, we can nit pick (that goes for the robes as well). I'm sitting about 6 feet from him next to my TV and man this is one sweet figure:lightsabe

Beautiful job on the figure, Wor-Gar...looks really good.

Mine's still completely stock, but I had a chance to take a better look tonight and I'm there....

It is a good figure.

You're a pro with that camera, jedibear. Loved your Jango pics too.:clap

The Sideshow robes are a significant improvement. :clap

Yeah not sure what the logic was on HT fabric choice. Even the Hasbro robes are the muslin/canvas-looking fabric. Maybe HT thought it was thinner and more poseable?

Sideshow used something similar on some (not all) of the Tusken robes, and also on the upcoming Jawa. They need to stop it with the sheer crepe-paper fabrics for rough desert gear!

The SS robes are more accurate texture wise and at first I thought I was going to use them. But I ended up using the HT robes layered over some hemmed SS robes as I preferred the patches look. tmp_4330-IMAG0792_1-1377662230.jpg

Did you check out Toy Anxiety? They have the HT head sculpt available. Might be similar in price if they ship to UK. $60 USD. Not sure if you meant a custom SS one or what.

Thanks for the heads up. The incoming sculpt is a copy of the HT head. Somebody up thread showed a pic of theirs and it looked pretty good. I already have a repainted SS head, just wanted to see this one in person.

And thanks to the others for the advice.

Im loving the set up man, poses are great and the uplighting rocks.:clap
Thanks. Just moved them all to the top of my primary Besta after getting Han, Chewie, and Ben. I have another Besta shelf with emperor on throne, Vader, and four Stormies.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I just bought the custom HT sculpt on ebay. and then bought his boots from TA. and use the custom Kenobi body that I had my repainted ss obiwan sculpt on and use this custom one HT version I got instead. I will have to find those hands and his belt one day on ebay or TA

Back