1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they are too long. On the pro side though, the belt always rode a little high on SS Ben, so now you can drop the cummerbund and belt lower.

Another amazing fact from the HT Ben that you may not have known....

- Ben's underclothing is similar to Jedi Luke (or even the Rocketeer)... Ben even has the flappy shirt Luke ends up getting.

Ben underclothes similar to Jedi Luke.jpg

Which begs the question:

How did Luke ever learn what was under Ben's clothing...? :horror

Also completely changes the interpretation of Luke's line: "Ben is a great man."

Got him today great figure likeness isn't really there but good enough for me. Backdrop courtesy to twelveinchfigures also a member of our forum.
d7bd8b608fe7f9eea7b016a2e7a9fff8.jpg
ffc042be80e7cdd77f29b3940c3c8bea.jpg

I Like your detolf backdrops. Need to get me those. how did you print those?

There is a guy on the forum here named twelveinchfigures he prints them up. He even has a thread on here that has his various prints. Pm him he will give you a price. He did all my batman prints and now starwars stuff.

THIS is the classic trilogy feel. Holy smokes. I respect everyone's opinions here, as always, but so far each piece of the Star Wars line has been a home run for me.
d8193256bd9e7c97f9f45a36a342231a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An elegant weapon.... for a more civilized time.

View attachment 218425

View attachment 218426

Belt slipped down, yes.

So in case you haven't guessed, those are the Sideshow Ben Kenobi "inner" robes.

They are a bit large overall. They do not shrink. The material is FAR superior to the HT inner robes, but the fit is a bit awkward because there's so much material. Some futzing required.

Also the cummerbund is very tight -- hence the belt slipped -- it needs to be stretched or a new snap attached.

I may just cut the bottom shorter -- should look raggedy anyway.

View attachment 218432

View attachment 218433

Great pics! Does the saber have that "laser pointer nib" on the end in hand or is that just the pic?

How does the Sideshow outer robe compare to the HT one?

Great pics! Does the saber have that "laser pointer nib" on the end in hand or is that just the pic?

The HT cloak is miles ahead of the SS, as it should be since it's much newer. It has a much more tailored cut and makes the SS cloak seem crude by comparison.

No "nib", just the light passing through the blade and out the tip. Tip kind of glows brighter.

The HT "outer" robe, as rudimus says, is much better than the SS one. I wouldn't say its tailored... but it is easy to wrinkle and just has a nice look, feel and overall more correct color.

Surprised the outer cloak is such a homerun whereas the inner robe is the exact opposite: poor choice of material, feel and color.

Great pics, everyone. ..and Wor-Gar...you're right. .. I can't believe so much effort was put into most of the materials for this figure but the inner robes are such a miss...have you thought of adding a little girth to the belly of the figure? I did that with the Sideshow version...Old Ben had filled out a bit as he got older out in the desert....

When I saw this thumbnail I wasn't sure if it was the figure or the real thing:

images

It's a behind the scenes shot of Alec, but the narrowed eyes and shadows seem to evoke the figure sculpt:

AlexGuinnessObiWan300x315Web.jpg

Saw this page of reference photos that might come in handy for futzing:

Rebel Legion :: View topic - ANH Obi-wan Kenobi Soft Parts Photo Tutorial

And in other news, who's going to replicate this scene?

url

Or the one where Obi-Wan looks for Threepio's golden rod?

7adc7150-40e2-0133-8ea7-0e17bac22e39.jpg

"This IS the figure you are looking for..."
257efe014a141e9d70c6641a04f7a9ef.jpg
75192dcb2aa039afa60fc55e2a5c0a8a.jpg
e5690eee7b296b92a4746308720bb2f5.jpg
952500d00d4bc42a2af3793a61f08f0f.jpg
(I purposely have some lights off for the saber to stand out. Ignore the wookie and the man hiding in the shadows back there; they aren't the figures you are looking for)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back