1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking a gamble and passing on this version of Vader in the hopes of getting a better designed and engineered "ESB" version. If that version comes with the same crappy electronics, I may go back and pick up this version.

Yeah, I tried that too.
I've switched the batteries around. Switched them from remote to figure.
Turned the switches on, and off. (First one, then the other. Both at the same time. etc)
I've waited 15 minutes. I waited for an hour. Over night.
Nothing seems to work.

WTC... you are such a star!! thanks for sharing all your amazing investigations!! that last one with the armor length is GOLD!! I'm definitely going to go in for that one!! keep em coming boss! your eye for detail and execution is an amazing gift to us all!!

thank you!!!

It's a mystery how those gloves got through. They are just so OBVIOUSLY crappy you wonder how it got all the way to a released figure.:slap

they don't bother me as it does to some. I like them better then those oven mitts we always seem to get

It finally occurred to me how to make those gloves look accurate and awesome, and the mod will be something anyone can do without any special tools or skill.

Stay tuned.... [emoji6]

Glove mod:

Remove velcro and use double-sided tape?
Spray hands with Dullcote / Anti-Shine?

Glove mod:

Yep, that's what we all know so far, and that's absolutely part of it, but that doesn't address that the Hot Toys gauntlets are flat on the back, instead of being ribbed like they appear in the film.

I've been batting around a few ideas, and a new one camera me this morning. It's the simplest one I've had, and I think it will work perfectly, but I want to do the trial and error myself. When I get it all worked out I'll share it with everyone. [emoji2]

Glove mod:

But the hands are also small and skinny. I was thinking you could dip them in paint a few times to thicken them up a little.

The hands are actually on the large side if you compare them to other Hot Toys hands. When the back side of the gauntlets are properly covering the hands they look normal.

The fingers are skinny looking on the spread palms, but I have no plans to ever use those since he never gestures like that in ANH.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Now that the board seems to be working again... WTC... HAND MODS!!!!!!! cannot wait to see what you've come up with!!!!

HAHA!

I'll be working on customizing the gloves next weekend.

I'm making a custom codpiece from scratch this weekend. Made from real leather and....

An iPhone case. No lie. LOL!

I will post pics of the process when it's done. Hopefully it'll be completed today.

Has anyone tried removing the sound box inside the body? I was planning to keep it outside behind the figure so I can easily reset the stupid thing and actually make use of the sounds.

I didn't quite get the codpiece finished this weekend.

After 3 attempts I got it figured out, and I'll nail it on the fourth go.

Here's a WIP preview of the third attempt. It's coming together nicely.

The plastic hardware, pleather, and real leather on this codpiece really bumps up the realism.

4e7688981418f100513b629104768ade.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Back