1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matrix.

I drilled from the inside of the helmet to give myself more space to push it out, and it worked!

Shortened the nose, pushed it in deeper, and repainted.

I also lowered the dome so that the brows of the mask are covered and the "widows peak" on the dome dips down over the first notch on the bridge of the nose.

e00ec4eaee5559cec911e3d93955c638.jpg
24aa756b1bd3514b55d689ae13ec6556.jpg
86ee382fe042276db9b28af10f105b41.jpg

Looks nice WTC! looking good!

Btw did you damage one of the middle mouth grill by purpose or my eyes are playing tricks on me?

So I finally got the chance to look at this guy properly over the weekend and I must say even out of the box he is an impressive figure!
I get what people mean about stumpy though so I am thinking of lowering the shin guards a little.
Only alterations I made was to raise the cod piece slightly higher as well as the chest plate and then of course moved the belt boxes closer together.

I really didn't get all the panic over the belt being fragile, my was absolutely fine and I was even a little rough with it at times.

I didn't bother with the voice feature although now having the figure I don't think that would be too much hassle to install the batteries but due to the whole cut off issue which I don't believe has been fixed, I didn't really seem the point.

The belt boxes are a pain in the friggin' backside to get batteries into, but I found bending the metal rod and then pushing it back down once the batteries were in helped.

For me the biggest struggle with this figure was the saber arm and upon fighting to get it in the costume on the arm starts to fray a little. I think it literally took me about 15 - 20 minutes and I was on the verge of giving up and having a one armed figure lol.

Anyway here are some iphone pics...

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3223.jpg
IMG_3229.jpg

Looks nice WTC! looking good!

Btw did you damage one of the middle mouth grill by purpose or my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Thanks Shadow!

Yes there is a depression on one of the bars on his "grill," your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I must have done it during one of my attempts to remove the nose from the front.

The good news is that it's totally invisible in hand, and only seems to show up at certain angles in close up HD photos when the light hits it just right.

I'm not terribly worried about it since Vader is super banged up looking in ANH. [emoji1]

Great pics, Jme and Robban! :clap

Like others have said, great to see some pictures rolling in. The SW section has kind of seemed to be a bit anemic lately in general, in my opinion.

Man, the Wife signed off on me getting this Vader and now after hearing how everyone feels about this HT Vader, might just wait for another version maybe a ESB Vader.

Man, the Wife signed off on me getting this Vader and now after hearing how everyone feels about this HT Vader, might just wait for another version maybe a ESB Vader.

Really? Seems to me the overwhelming majority are really happy with this figure. It's just me and a couple of others who've had a whine about it.

Just love this guy and the shelf presence he has. My wife makes fun of me I'm so infatuated with him!
5fa1d8dd4d6f6db8eb4756bca64a9212.jpg

cce5029b91c1a634ec926f42aa415aea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pics, wpbats!

Really? Seems to me the overwhelming majority are really happy with this figure. It's just me and a couple of others who've had a whine about it.

This is what I was thinking also. It seems like the majority say it's the best Vader figure to have thus far.

Some of you guys spend a fortune on your customs, but probably not as much as Palpatine did...

Darth_Vader.jpg

Keep in mind that the cost listed here is in dollars. When you figure in what the exchange rate was at the time for Galactic Credits, the cost is close to double! :vader

Back