1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some extra stands from TA and I think they help with the overall display and the interrogation droid.

ac148addec7388abad46e75031d0df34_zps13agzc79.jpg

But I've decided my Vader is depressed. Does this not look like a case of the sads?

83e7b8052073a5d2aabfee029682708f_zpscld8bwx2.jpg

Maybe he got depressed after I took pics of him with his old lightsabre that he cut off his son's hand for...

Vader%20tagged1_zpsdejmzdgn.jpg

Awesome pictures! I like how close you got the boxes to the belt buckle.

Nice pose, SilverStar! When I first saw the photo on my phone it looked like the helmet was huge and it made me think of Dark Helmet. :lol Then I realized it was just the extra helmet part from the box behind the figure. :slap

Thanks!

I thought that as well after I took the quick photo. Then realized the same thing. :lol

Thanks again for that tip, Jose! Way better than that cheap ass stand they included.

You're most welcome dude! :duff

An excellent suggestion! :clap

Just swapped mine over to a Medicom.

The HT base looks like an after thought when they realized there wasn't room to fit the droid on Vader's base - but didn't want to spend much more money on rectifying the situation! :lol

:rock
I know right?

Haha! Finally a valid use for one of my medicom stands!
:lol:

Where can I find these medicom stands for the droid? Looks like it would be perfect

EBay most likely

Yeah, what he said. And how does the probe droid fit so perfectly?

Usually figures produced in Asia tend to use the same standard dims for rods and holes. At least they do that a lot in 1/12 and similar figures
Ironically enough the Medi stand fits tightly on the probe droid making it more stable than with the HT one! Ha!

I'm glad that I've read most posts here regarding the electronic features. I am just going to leave Vader as is.
The droid was a pain to find all the entry points for the projectiles, but I think I got them right in the end. And yes, the stand for the droid is an obvious after thought. It is a bit tacky so I have mine behind another stand. I'll make a better job of hiding it once I get a couple of Stormtroopers to flank Mr Vader.

I had an extra medicom base that looks pretty good with it. makes it look like it`s floating with the clear base and the clear rod. at least ht gave it a clear rod and not like the prob droid and gave it a black rod instead

How in the world do you take the screw from the back of the body!

I feel like I'm going to just **** it ip

Finally got around to setting this figure up. All the tips in this thread were a great help. I only had minor difficulty putting the batteries in the first belt box. The second one only took about 10 seconds to do because I had figured out the trick. Didn't even bother with the sound feature. Not worth the hassle. I am loving this figure. It is such a vast improvement over the SS ANH Vader.

Tools for assembly:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452200908.738459.jpg

A couple comparisons with the SS ANH:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452200949.038685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452200957.938098.jpg

Pure awesomeness:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452201000.159748.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452201009.963087.jpg

These are all iPhone snapshots. I plan on taking some pics with the DSLR next week.

Asking this again: Are the lenses supposed to be grimy or weathered?

You can really see it when you use flash or shine a light on the helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Finally got around to setting this figure up. All the tips in this thread were a great help. I only had minor difficulty putting the batteries in the first belt box. The second one only took about 10 seconds to do because I had figured out the trick. Didn't even bother with the sound feature. Not worth the hassle. I am loving this figure. It is such a vast improvement over the SS ANH Vader.

Tools for assembly:
View attachment 235406

A couple comparisons with the SS ANH:
View attachment 235407
View attachment 235408

Pure awesomeness:
View attachment 235409
View attachment 235410

These are all iPhone snapshots. I plan on taking some pics with the DSLR next week.

Great photos, DBoz!

Asking this again: Are the lenses supposed to be grimy or weathered?

An up close photo of the sculpt on your figure might help, as it can give others an idea just how grimy/weathered you're talking about regarding the lenses.

So Popcultcha down in Oz had 15 of these in stock yesterday but have none left this morning. I hope that's not because of a QC issue and returns, mine's in the post today...

So Popcultcha down in Oz had 15 of these in stock yesterday but have none left this morning. I hope that's not because of a QC issue and returns, mine's in the post today...

There better not be any QC issues! My Vader is in the post from them, too. Can I ask why you would think there might be issues?

Is his saber clip supposed to be that far back on the belt? It seems really far and no way to move it

Could be because these SW figures are selling out and people don't want to miss out

There better not be any QC issues! My Vader is in the post from them, too. Can I ask why you would think there might be issues?

Just that report of a broken tusk from a few pages back. It's probably nothing.

On Wednesday Popcultcha had 22 in stock, then 15 yesterday, then none today (Friday down here) so they are shifting them in huge numbers! And the Australian wholesaler, Ikon Collectibles, has sold out too.

Back