1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWRIGHT!!! Just got mine delivered, inspected (no broken tusk;)) it is indeed amazing!! Roll on 5.30pm so I can get this thing home and set up.

Did you get a black and silver tusk...?

Did you get dents under the eyes...?

Did you get splotches on the eyes...?

Did you get recessed switches on your belt boxes...?

Are your batteries old...?

Can you pull the hands off without breakages?

Does your voice function work three times in a row...?

Is your belt ripped or torn...?

Are your shoulders turned the right way around?

Is your suit baggy at the elbows...?

Yes, these are all real things.

10415628_985534811456753_7781861589465403158_n.jpg
70579.gif

Just put him on the payment plan. Couldn't resist. I have the SSC deluxe but this has always been my favorite Vader armor. It looks great!

Is there a trick to pulling out the normal forearm on Vader? Or do I simply pull it out? Tried pulling it out earlier and it wouldn't budge.

Another Hot Toys Star Wars iconic figure to add to the collection!! The Darth Vader from Ep4 is pretty awesome! There are a couple of things I don't particularly like, but overall it's a great figure!

The feel of the suit and the cape is beautiful!! I love how the cape material feels so nice and has a great weight and natural drape to it. I thought the Sideshow cape was good, but the HT one beats it in that area for sure.

I still dont like the hands and gloves though. And WTF is with the cheap arse plastic piece of **** that is the Interrogator Droid base?!?! Man that thing is rubbish!!!

I haven't tried the batteries yet (not even sure if I'll bother). But just putting the little accessories on the droid was frustrating enough! Not sure I even did it right. The instructions for one near the top seems to point to a hole I cant see.......And the damn syringe is a pain in the arse to put in properly!

On Wednesday Popcultcha had 22 in stock, then 15 yesterday, then none today (Friday down here) so they are shifting them in huge numbers! And the Australian wholesaler, Ikon Collectibles, has sold out too.

Can I please ask how you know about the actual stock numbers? Is that available on the Popcultcha site somewhere?

But what sucks at Popcultcha is that once an item is sold out, you can't 'review' it after buying it (and therefore lose a potential 50 points in redemption pennies for submitting a review). With all the HT and SS Star Wars items now being purchased, pennies earned by 'reviewing' them add up. Now 50 pennies aren't worth much, but combined with pennies earned from purchases, a review can help to put you over specific redemption thresholds for higher savings, etc. - without having to buy something more to fill the gap...

Nothing worse than having 1488 pennies and needing a mere extra 12 to push you over 1500 (and thus enjoy a $50 reduction on your next purchase). Reviews used to help a customer do that. :mad:

... Are there suppose to be dents under the eyes?

Another Hot Toys Star Wars iconic figure to add to the collection!! The Darth Vader from Ep4 is pretty awesome! There are a couple of things I don't particularly like, but overall it's a great figure!

The feel of the suit and the cape is beautiful!! I love how the cape material feels so nice and has a great weight and natural drape to it. I thought the Sideshow cape was good, but the HT one beats it in that area for sure.

I still dont like the hands and gloves though. And WTF is with the cheap arse plastic piece of **** that is the Interrogator Droid base?!?! Man that thing is rubbish!!!

I haven't tried the batteries yet (not even sure if I'll bother). But just putting the little accessories on the droid was frustrating enough! Not sure I even did it right. The instructions for one near the top seems to point to a hole I cant see.......And the damn syringe is a pain in the arse to put in properly!

Congrats on the get, and great photo!

Agree with you on all aspects. Gloves are definitely my least favorite aspect of this figure, but the amount of detail is superb. Like you mentioned, the texture of the suit and cape is excellent. The cape does indeed have a natural drape to it, whereas many others require some futzing to get it to drape right. I didn't even bother with the sound effect feature myself. I'll just presume it works.

I noticed he's also one of those unique figures that looks phenomenal both in hand and in images.

Can't wait for your review!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back