1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correction on the whole "red lenses" thing. The ANH mask has less opaque black, so what people think are "RED" is actually foggy black with an actors face behind it, hence it looking pinkish reddish tint. They fixed this in later films, It was more opaque in ESB and ROTJ.

BUT...where are the tear marks? are they there? it keeps changing from shot to shot...but those gashes are definitely there in the movie, Anyone?

:rock Flipping awesome! Did you go back to using the Hot Toys chestbox or is that still the sideshow?

No, I went back to hot toys
SS was too big.
I went and watched Vader in a new hope, but sometimes it looks large
I don't know
image.jpeg

I think that's the costume no?

LOL...if it is, I just rep'd him for it.

Doesn't matter, he's been on point with the incoming photos, so he deserves it anyway.

Says good things about the HT Vader if I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at anymore.

Or bad things about my eyesight and attention span. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful pictures!

Nice mods James the cat! Don't think I'll be brave enough to paint the chest armor but well done. :clap

LOL...if it is, I just rep'd him for it.

Doesn't matter, he's been on point with the incoming photos, so he deserves it anyway.

Says good things about the HT Vader if I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at anymore.

Or bad things about my eyesight and attention span. ;)

Well it screams ANH but it doesn't seem to have the nose insert that the HT figure has and it has the red washers on the belt boxes (could be the SS ones), but I don't remember any bricks on the Death Star so don't really know what that photo is. :lol

And agreed, no matter what JTC deserves loads of rep.

Those pics look great! Just beautiful. Now tell me again why SSCs didn't do the widow's peak? I recall some apologist claiming LFL didn't allow them to do it. I guess they had a change of heart toward film accuracy when Hot Toys requested to do the widow's peak? :huh

Para, those are some damn good pictures. As tempting as it is, im gonna hold out for ESB or ROTJ Vader. It's going to be glorious.

I think that's the costume no?

Yes, that's Don Post employee Kermit Eller wearing the suit for a promo appearance. I was referring to his previous pics, but i guess it does look like I was talking about that pic. Whoops. Lol.

Back